[BETA] SMS Intregation

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Wroey

Post by Wroey » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:20 pm

My first post was to advise the html errors. That fixed I went on to try to connect. My second post starts:
Connection Error - There has been an error connecting to ClickSMS

Myself and ClickSMS worked all weekend trying to resolve, and now you say if only I had said it was a connection error. Maybe read what has been put not what you imagine has been put.

I have tried to demonstrate that I know very little (php). I have pointed out some errors in your coding (html) which is the exent of my knowledge. They were real, and without them being fixed anybody else would have struggled. Because of me we are some small way further ahead but it has been tortuous.

If new users had come along I would have shared with them what I have learned to ease the burden on you.

I knew it was beta so I expected bugs and issues. You take every new hurdle as a personal affront. Of course you are busy and that is why you are so terse and sensitive. It takes 3 questions to illicit a progressive response.

I appreciate the effort you had put in to write the interface. But now starts the difficult bit, interacting with novices like me. Does it surprise you that a project written in less than a month and untested by the masses is going to make demands on you. That is the nature of the Mod process.

You shouldn't resent questions. It isn't perfect. I have been one of potentially very many to have mapped a path for future enhancements. Wouldn't it have felt great to be the inspiration for this?

And now you have given up before you have started the real effort. Your Mod works for you, but that is thanks to the developers at ClickSMS who have put their API out there for YOU and others to use, How would you feel if they spat the dummy and withdrew the API?

Fortunately there are some very clever and diligent people out there, without their help and patience the PHPBB system would not have come so far.

I guess you didn't realise what the Mod exercise entailed. You have attracted some interest and now seek to withdraw your help because it got difficult. Shame on you.

Wroey

Post by Wroey » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:43 am

I went to this guy's reference site being plugged in all of his posts. I bought one credit. It did not register as a credit. Hence I was unable to test his assertion that it is working.

Make of that what you will.

This is a real shame because this integration process showed real promise.

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:58 am

thats an old version on chris.laxforums.co.uk

plus i very much douybt you bought one as its sandbox paypal on there.

You said that was fixed. Then you talked about html encoding.

I* don't resent questions, I redent people being rude to me.

I coulde write the API code, it was offered to me to cut time, I could do it myself.

I'm not withrawing from it because its difficult, i'm withdrawing because of a twat like you, your the one who surgested it anyway!

I have alrady written numerious MODs, so i do not what it entails.

Go find another MOD, your not welcome here.
All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

Again very sorry for not supporting these MODs recently.

Wroey

Post by Wroey » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:15 am

I have a receipt from PayPal confirming payment. The credit did not register.

I could report the site to PayPal for dishonesty in "selling" but I don't mind paying 9p for this guy to feel good about abusing someone with genuine questions. It's less of a drain on the National Health Service.

I begin to suspect that the problem with his Mod is that all the code has been typed with the same care and attention with his presentation as he puts into his forum posts.

This guy has broken all the rules regarding the Mod process. I will move that it has been officially abandoned. The GPL allows for a more able coder to complete the task started by the originator, provided he is mentioned in the GPL of the finished product.

I have suggested a future enhancement path, have highlighted the broken HTML code, and have liaised with the API originator. I was prepared to make the effort to collaborate for the good of the phpbb community.

We don't need petulance on here, just good code and a modicum of civility. Stand by people because I think we will get an SMS integration Mod, inspite of ChristhatsHIM!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:26 am

this is not officially abandoned, I have not abandoned it.

and no you couldn't report it. It isn't live, its a testing enviroment.

Its not linked to anywhere.

You can't force a MOD of people, nor use my code, while this MOD is going.

And actually, where has it broken rules in the MOD process?

Its not even in the MOD process yet, its in the Dev Forum. And it hasn't even broken DEV rules.

I'm not obligied to give you support, ask the MOD team that if you must.

I have done everything I am surposed to to have my MOD in this forum.

You can not use my code without my permission anyway, breaking the license.

I say here now, for future reference. No one until my say so has permission to take this code over.

Wroey Will never have my permission for this code.
All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

Wroey

Post by Wroey » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:27 am

Please provide a link to a working demo of this code not abuse.

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:51 pm

thats not cumpolosry, research before you post. Its an optional thing.

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:08 pm

I'd advise both of you to stop arguing here. Anything else left over should be discussed via PM.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Wroey

Post by Wroey » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:48 pm

christhatsme wrote: thats not cumpolosry, research before you post. Its an optional thing.

Please provide an optional link to a working demo.

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:25 pm

I was planning on putting one in, when I get some time. I'm not satisfiing any of your requests, said once, saying it again. Your not welcome at this MOD topic, or any of my MOD topics.

I'm in no position to give you support, or give you a demo.

I MAY make one, when I have some time, and people who arn't so darn rude.

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Both of you, please cut it with the rude remarks.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:36 pm

Sorry Mennoite, non of the above was surposed to be rude, just laying down that I'm not giving him support here. I didn't think my words implied anything rude.

Wroey

Post by Wroey » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:02 pm

Depends on your definition of "TWAT"

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:58 am

thats not in the above post.

Now stop spamming this topic, said it already your not getting support or anything in any of my MOD topics.

Wroey

Post by Wroey » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:56 am

Message to fellow users: Have tweaked the Mod and it now has basic functionality. Will continue testing. :lol:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”