[DEV] Music Page

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
subavlhpf

[DEV] Music Page

Post by subavlhpf »

Last edited by subavlhpf on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 14 times in total.
--John Runyon
"DimeCadmium"
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Hmm probably works for Bolt and youtube also. the download is not opening.
! C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\MODS\music.zip: Unexpected end of archive
subavlhpf

Post by subavlhpf »

Winzip: Cannot open file... possible file transfer error... blablabla.

Then lets see if windows can open it... "Compressed (zipped) folders" can open it. I wonder if Winzip can open the file on my computer then...

OK, its a problem on my host (is it the file or the host...). Ill try uploading it again...

Nope. I think the problem is with my host, im moving it, and Ill edit this when i have a new location.

Try this: see first post (works for me)
Last edited by subavlhpf on Sat May 20, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--John Runyon
"DimeCadmium"
christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

EMBED will only work on IE you must use both EMBED and OBJECT
All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

Again very sorry for not supporting these MODs recently.
subavlhpf

Post by subavlhpf »

if embed only works for IE, why does it work in Firefox? And the only code i get from google video is embed so... :D lol
--John Runyon
"DimeCadmium"
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

its th other way about.. object only works in ie wile embed works for all :)
subavlhpf

Post by subavlhpf »

that would make more sense.
--John Runyon
"DimeCadmium"
christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

sorry, thats what I ment

actually EMBED doesn't work for some versions of ie - so still include both
All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

Again very sorry for not supporting these MODs recently.
subavlhpf

Post by subavlhpf »

would you like to edit the code? because i just have the code that google gives me...

(and... i dont really care about people who use IE :lol:)
Peter77sx wrote: Hmm probably works for Bolt and youtube also.
I just put a Youtube code on it, so I'd have to say it does ;)
--John Runyon
"DimeCadmium"
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Okay ... download works. I use IE and I can see the vids just fine. no template file? seems like the video can be set on top of the menu... since we are taken to the top of the page anyway when we choose a tittle in IE or FireFox.
subavlhpf

Post by subavlhpf »

Okay ... download works.
Good!
I use IE and I can see the vids just fine.
Good!
no template file?
Nope, but after doing the whole thing i DID bother moving the messages into the lang_main.php file... i just noticed: i missed moving the headers that say "Author:" and "Song" into the lang files, sorry about that ;)... ill do that when i get a chance.
seems like the video can be set on top of the menu... since we are taken to the top of the page anyway when we choose a tittle in IE or FireFox.
to change that, move the block:

Code: Select all

?>
<table align="center" border="5">
	<tr><th>Author:</th><th>Song</th></tr>
	<tr><td>Hilary Duff:</td><td><a href="?song=comeclean">"Come Clean"</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td>Breaking Benjamin:</td><td><a href="?song=socold">"So Cold"</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td>Daniel Powter:</td><td><a href="?song=badday">"Bad Day"</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td>Linkin Park:</td><td><a href="?song=911">9/11 (World Trade Center) Tribute</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td>Creed:</td><td><a href="?song=olbtribute">"One Last Breath" (World Trade Center Tribute)</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td>3 Doors Down:</td><td><a href="?song=hwy">"Here Without You"</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td>Breaking Benjamin:</td><td><a href="?song=sol">"Sooner or Later"</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td>Jesse McCartney:</td><td><a href="?song=bs">"Beautiful Soul"</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td>Linkin Park:</td><td><a href="?song=oscl">"One Step Closer (Live)"</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td>Panic! at The Disco:</td><td><a href="?song=it">I Write Sins Not Tragedies</a></td></tr>
</table>
<?php
to below this:

Code: Select all

if (isset($_GET['song'])) echo "<table border=\"1\" align=\"center\"><tr><th>Music Player</th></tr><tr><td>";

{{{lotta stuff in here}}}

if (isset($_GET['song'])) echo "</td></tr></table>";
i personally like having the videos a bit down anyways (the ones it comes with dont prestart anything anyways, so not like youd be missing anything ;))

you could also put in anchors and just link to the anchors for example in each link put in #song and before each <embed> put in <a name=song></a>... :D
--John Runyon
"DimeCadmium"
subavlhpf

Post by subavlhpf »

OK, i updated with the new files after moving the table headers Author: and Song into the lang file... easiest way is to just reinstall, not like its THAT hard right? :D

see first post for new link

EDIT: I just reinstalled the new one on my forum using EasyMOD (before it wouldntve worked because i "didnt properly format" the copy command...), works fine. :)

EDIT AGAIN: NEW new link in first post, i added append_sid after getting that recommendation... only thing that changed is version and music.php ?song=blabla links.
--John Runyon
"DimeCadmium"
rtrev64

cool

Post by rtrev64 »

This one looks cool, I am very dissapointed at the jfcflash mp3 player, never worked and getting help is hard for that player, so I hope this one works good..

Ok, where is the instruction on installing this thing? I only got a zip file that I opened and got the winamp player anmd a php file and that is it..
subavlhpf

Post by subavlhpf »

Unzip -> Open "music.mod" in a text editor

its not really an "mp3 player" though, just really a file that you can easily put in an embed code or something... altho, i suppose it could have a player put in it also...
--John Runyon
"DimeCadmium"
rtrev64

cool

Post by rtrev64 »

That would be cool if you did that..give it a go..I checked out your demo page and I like the way it was set up to include video..

Here is the link I was talking about in regards to mp3 flash player JCF..
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... t=#2141307

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”