[BETA] Antispam for all fields (updated: 10-01-2009:V1.3.1)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken »

ryanmc wrote: I just installed this mod and it is already catching posts/registrations that could potentially be spam. My only question is I would like to look at the post/registration before I click the remove or approve link, but I don't see anywhere to view the details. Did I miss something obvious or maybe I didn't get it all installed? When I click "(open/close) User approval needed" I see a spot for Field, Value, Type(post,get) but there is never anything there. Also usename is -1 ( guest ). I assume that means it is a new registration, but could we put their real username here?

Thanks
Ryan

-1 (guest) could mean register of a guest post:
check out this example of a guest register:

Close:

Open:
Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here

ryanmc

Post by ryanmc »

Ramon Fincken wrote:
ryanmc wrote:I just installed this mod and it is already catching posts/registrations that could potentially be spam. My only question is I would like to look at the post/registration before I click the remove or approve link, but I don't see anywhere to view the details. Did I miss something obvious or maybe I didn't get it all installed? When I click "(open/close) User approval needed" I see a spot for Field, Value, Type(post,get) but there is never anything there. Also usename is -1 ( guest ). I assume that means it is a new registration, but could we put their real username here?

Thanks
Ryan

Thanks for the response. On my board I don't allow guest posts. In addition I don't see all the POST information that is on your example. Could I be missing something so that it does not save the POST information? I will try and get screen shots the next time it happens.

One other thing is there are way to make it so I have to approve all posts from a new user until they reach a certian rank or number of posts?
Ryan McLaughlin
Rate your teachers at Educatorater
Technology Reviews at JusTech'n

mw-dnb

Post by mw-dnb »

i get a 404 / timeout when trying to download this mod....
The brighest light burns out the quickest and you burn so very bright.
www.elementsofbass.com | For the breakbeat hardcore

Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken »

mw-dnb wrote: i get a 404 / timeout when trying to download this mod....

we had a DNS problem, it should be all up again

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]

ryanmc

Post by ryanmc »

ryanmc wrote:
Ramon Fincken wrote:
ryanmc wrote:I just installed this mod and it is already catching posts/registrations that could potentially be spam. My only question is I would like to look at the post/registration before I click the remove or approve link, but I don't see anywhere to view the details. Did I miss something obvious or maybe I didn't get it all installed? When I click "(open/close) User approval needed" I see a spot for Field, Value, Type(post,get) but there is never anything there. Also usename is -1 ( guest ). I assume that means it is a new registration, but could we put their real username here?

Thanks
Ryan

Thanks for the response. On my board I don't allow guest posts. In addition I don't see all the POST information that is on your example. Could I be missing something so that it does not save the POST information? I will try and get screen shots the next time it happens.

One other thing is there are way to make it so I have to approve all posts from a new user until they reach a certian rank or number of posts?

Ok I had it happen again. Here are the screen shots of what I see:

Expanded:

As you can see there is no POST or GET data.

Also I have the system send me emails everytime this happens and the emails do have POST data.
Ryan McLaughlin

jliungman

Case sensitive or not?

Post by jliungman »

Hi!

I note that many of the "bad" wordlists provided by authors in this thread contain multiple entries such as [weird] and [wEird]. I would have assumed that the algorithm would catch all these variations automatically.
The reason I ask is that my board (which uses this mod) seems to be letting some spam attempt pass for some reason, and I want to eliminate the possibility that it has something to do with case sensitivity.

Thanks

John

Ramon Fincken

Re: Case sensitive or not?

Post by Ramon Fincken »

jliungman wrote: Hi!

I note that many of the "bad" wordlists provided by authors in this thread contain multiple entries such as [weird] and [wEird]. I would have assumed that the algorithm would catch all these variations automatically.
The reason I ask is that my board (which uses this mod) seems to be letting some spam attempt pass for some reason, and I want to eliminate the possibility that it has something to do with case sensitivity.

Thanks

John

the script is case-in-sensitive

if you have *weird* it will see
weird
theweird
weirdy
w3ird
and even w3_1rd

anyway... the answer to your spam is in the list...

goto admin panel >> antispam >> Wordlist
is the word there?

Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken »

What is your database type?
Access, mysql, something else?

( see config.php for the answer )

Rfn

ryanmc wrote:
ryanmc wrote:
Ramon Fincken wrote:

Thanks
Ryan

Expanded:

Also I have the system send me emails everytime this happens and the emails do have POST data.

jliungman

Re: Case sensitive or not?

Post by jliungman »

Ramon Fincken wrote: the script is case-in-sensitive

Ok, Ramon, I got it. The problem as it turned out (of course) was not case sensitivity, but that we were sloppy following the installation instructions and had missed a couple of lines:

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
includes/functions_post.php	       		 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
	include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_search.'.$phpEx);

$current_time = time();

#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]-----------------------------------
	// Ramon Fincken, antispam		
	validate_spam($post_subject,'post');
	validate_spam($post_message,'post');
Being a technical writer myself, I have to say that that these instructions are amazingly clear. How we failed I don´t know. I would urge anyone new to this mod to just follow them dutifully.

Thanks Ramon!

Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken »

heh 8)

Code: Select all

includes/functions_post.php 
well thats pretty much one of the files you musn't mis for this mod ;)

I'm glad all's working fine now, if you have any question feel free to ask or suggest !

Margelatu

Post by Margelatu »

Before i tell you my problem, let me thank you for your hard work with this. It's been really helping me and the board I have to take care of.
This is what i get when i hit "Ban this IP" :

What am I doing wrong? :oops:

ryanmc

Post by ryanmc »

Ramon Fincken wrote: What is your database type?
Access, mysql, something else?

( see config.php for the answer )

Rfn

ryanmc wrote:
ryanmc wrote:
Ramon Fincken wrote:

Thanks
Ryan

My Database type is MySQL
Ryan McLaughlin

Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken »

ryanmc, can you view the source of that page ( as seen in your browser ) and PM it to me ?

what is your browser type?

update: can you check with phpmyadmin :

is there any data in the
phpbb_antispamdb table?

is there any data in the
phpbb_antispamdb_data table ?
Last edited by Ramon Fincken on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken »

Margelatu wrote: Before i tell you my problem, let me thank you for your hard work with this. It's been really helping me and the board I have to take care of.
This is what i get when i hit "Ban this IP" :

What am I doing wrong? :oops:

Will be solved in 1.2.2 gimme a sec to create the install script !

Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken »

:!: ** upgrade 1.2.1 -> 1.2.2 09112006
* Added Ban forwarded IP
* Added Ban forwarded IP check using phpbb's ban system.
* Removed showing allready banned spam info in spam-stats.
* Added a bit more explanation to the database management page.
* Solved "No file specified for handle body" error

Upgrade instructions are in the 1.2.2 zipfile

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”