[Beta] Custom Pages MOD 0.1.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

[Beta] Custom Pages MOD 0.1.1

Post by igorw » Mon May 29, 2006 2:10 pm

MOD Title: Custom Pages MOD
MOD Description: This MOD allows the admin to add custom pages in the ACP. Theese can be edited, as they're stored in the database.
MOD Version: 0.1.1
phpBB Version: 2.0.21

MOD Download: custom_pages_0_1_1.zip (11.9KB)

Demo:

pages.php?page=1:

pages.php:

Admin Select:

Admin Edit:
Last edited by igorw on Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy » Mon May 29, 2006 2:51 pm

wow u beat me to it. lol i was actually gonna develop something like this myself. HTMl would actually be easier then BBCode i would think. as with HTMl and PHP you use thephp to obtain "Page content" then u just echo it. and HTMl is automatically included. i would certainly like to help with this MOD seeing as i alrady had ideas and the such for it :)

josephiron

Post by josephiron » Mon May 29, 2006 2:58 pm

Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy » Mon May 29, 2006 3:02 pm

well its slightly different because that is for users to do. i'm just guessin as i dont know all but i think it would be more to create pages like example the rules page which uses HTML i woudl think anyway :)

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Mon May 29, 2006 3:09 pm

Noobarmy:
Thank you! I'm glad to get some help so quickly! :) I'll contact you a bit later, no time right now :D.

josephiron:
Noobarmy actually said what needs to be said :) A bit like that, but the Pages are managed by the Admin, and they'll be integrated into the forum (header, footer and style/templates).
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

Azuin

Post by Azuin » Mon May 29, 2006 4:25 pm

I've written a MOD just like this that you can clean up if you wanted. It's very functional, and has most of the features you wanted, along with an Index of all the pages, page categories, and HTML.

Send me a PM, I'll get busy sending this mod to you.

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Mon May 29, 2006 4:58 pm

Azuin:
Cool! Sounds awesome! I'll install and test it, and if it's excactly what i'm looking for i might just clean it up as you said. Or i might also use it as an inspiration for mine, and borrow some code of it ;)

Thanks a lot!

matte52

Post by matte52 » Mon May 29, 2006 5:20 pm

Hey!

I think that this is a awsome ide!
One small question only: will this mod have an admin panel where you just can wirte in the text you want to disply on the new page?

I also hope that the new page will look exact as the faq page but just with other conent.

I have been searching and i have found a mod that looks like this in many ways, i have don't get it to work with the newer version of phpBB,but i have ask some guys and they said that it works fine fot them maby i do something wrong.

Here is the link for the mod:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=155308

DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://euro-consult.hit.bg/custom_pages.zip // The other download links are broken =(

If you need help with something I'll be glad to help

Kind regard:

Matte52

matte52

Post by matte52 » Mon May 29, 2006 5:21 pm

Sorry double post!

And btw the mod I link to is a couple of years old, jsut so you have that in mind.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Mon May 29, 2006 5:49 pm

Hey eviL<3, sounds great... but I think Drathburns page permissions MOD already uses phpbb_pages ?

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Mon May 29, 2006 7:29 pm

matte52:
I'll have a look at that MOD, sounds really good :) Thanks!
By the way, if you're looking for a "Rules" MOD, i'd suggest this one: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/747 , as it looks just like the FAQ Page. I think it will be fully HTML, so it will also be customizable :)
And yes, it will be changable through the Admin control Panel.

Peter77sx:
Thank you for pointing that out! I wouldn't have noticed! In this case it'll be phpbb_custom_pages ;) Very well spotted there! Well now i have to contact these peoeple :)

gamerxgirl

Post by gamerxgirl » Mon May 29, 2006 11:44 pm

Isn't there a mod already similar to this? ezContent?

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Tue May 30, 2006 12:30 am

I'll have a search for it... Thanks :)

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Tue May 30, 2006 6:44 pm

I checked out a few of the MODs mentioned here, and the one matte52 posted seemed what i've been looking for. The author hasn't been posting since 2003, so i think i'll use that MOD as a base for mine.

But it still needs some options to be added ;) If anybody knows how to contact the original author of that MOD, please tell me!

Remix_88

Post by Remix_88 » Tue May 30, 2006 11:00 pm

evil<3

elizabeth disappeared from the scene years ago. I tried contacting her in 2004 because I was creating a simple page management script based on her work and wanted to get her approval. I never did track her down.

I do have my code knocking about somewhere, but it is for a phpBB based CMS (which never saw the light of day) so isn't directly usable in phpBB. If I find it I will forward it on because I did add a few of the options you are looking to implement.

EDIT - OK I have found my code, it is actually quite easy to port back to a phpBB mod, so I will clean it up, port it back to phpBB and PM you a URL where you can download it. Will be ready sometime tomorrow...
Regards, Remix_88.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”