[Beta] Custom Pages MOD 0.1.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Tue May 30, 2006 11:07 pm

Cool, thanks for that info! As phpBB MODs are GPL, you don't have to get permission to use code, right? Well of course i'll keep the names and the credit, i just wanna be sure.

It would be great if you could find that stuff. Thanks a lot! :) Just drop me a PM if you find it ;)

Thanks for all the support until now guys. I'll start really coding something tomorow, as i have some impressions now, and know what kind of MODs are already around.
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

Remix_88

Post by Remix_88 » Tue May 30, 2006 11:53 pm

Correct, most of the time MODS are GPL so you don't need approval to reuse these existing works. The approval gathering is pretty unique to the phpBB community and probably stems from the phpBBFM trobles from years back.

As it happens I also have an old copy of Custom Pages 0.0.2 and that does carry a GPL license, so no worries there :-)

I have ported the custom pages mod to a module for my phpBB based CMS. My CMS system has an almost transparent API, so moving it to vanilla phpBB will be a snap once I have it working completely.

So far I have found that bbcode is broken because the old CMS it was designed for had a different bbcode parser, I will get it working with the regular phpBB bbcode parser tomorrow.

HTML doesn't work. Smilies do. It you just view pages.php you see a table of contents, click on a page in the list show that pages. Pages are added/edited in the ACP. It isn't much but it is a starting point. There is a dirty hack regarding the page id in the ACP for adding new pages, it functions but it is a nasty bit of code.

I'll PM you tomorrow when I have fixed bbcode and uploaded an archive for you.
Regards, Remix_88.

gamerxgirl

Post by gamerxgirl » Wed May 31, 2006 12:00 am

This is the mod I was referring to. It's somewhat similar to your idea.
MOD Title: EZ Content
MOD Description: Provides an easy way of having website content. Uses topics from your board, and displays them as webpages (http://yourdomain.com/content.php?t=TOPICid). Forum permission is configureable. Supplied is an addon, to show how to customize into an Announcements Page.
MOD Version: 1.1.1

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Wed May 31, 2006 12:26 am

Great... I look forward to seeing the Development of this MOD. :)

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Wed May 31, 2006 9:46 am

Remix_88:
Glad to hear. Can't wait for that code, hehehe...

gamerxgirl:
Great you found it! I'll have a look at it today!

Peter77sx:
Great to see people are interrested! :)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

Kalipo

Post by Kalipo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:55 pm

eviL<3 wrote: Great to see people are interrested! :)

Very. Add me to the list.

subavlhpf

Post by subavlhpf » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:07 pm

I could help some I bet...
--John Runyon
"DimeCadmium"

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:01 pm

subavlhpf: Would be great! You can PM me your MSN (if you have that).

@All: This project has been delayed a little, due to other projects i am working on currently. I will continue with this in like 2 weeks again though. As then my school exams are done.

igorw
Former Team Member

Bump

Post by igorw » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:55 pm

Okay, now i have some time, so i'll start coding this! Hope i can release some Alpha soon! :)

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:51 pm

Here are some Pics of what i have:

pages.php?page=rules:

pages.php:

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:20 am

Looking good 8) how's it going so far?

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:28 am

Finally holidays. Now i'll have time to comlete it :D

Xeoncross

I coded something similar....

Post by Xeoncross » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:11 pm

Adds a new page to your phpBB forum that allows you to show the topics or Posts of any forum you choose. The Topic's title will be a link to the topic in the real forum. Helps with Search Engine Rankings and can be used as a kind of CMS, or way to show articles outside of the forum. I have tested it three times on my own server, but before I go live I would like someone who knows more about phpBB to look at the code.

Very simple to test/install - it should only take you 1min, and there are NO files to change.

You can find the full article here:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=408491

kazper

Post by kazper » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:26 pm

I've been using the old custom pages mod by elizabeth, and an updated mod based on the same idea with new options sounds great. I'm definitely interested.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:46 am

Hi, any closer to a downloadable BETA?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”