[BETA] Anti-spam bots registration

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
dealsaroundus

Post by dealsaroundus »

Thanks, it is very helpful
Don't just Shop , Shop smarter.

www.dealsaroundus.com

..never miss a deal
Code3TJ

Post by Code3TJ »

Just an update - since June 7, this mod has intercepted 293 bot registrations for me. Nice work. :mrgreen:
igami

Post by igami »

Installed this mod over the weekend, it has caught dozens of attempts by this mad-russian and has added his attempts to my banned list. Sadly it is also adding normal registrations onto the ban list as well. :(

=== edit

oops, just checked and I must have still been using the old version that banned instantly. I uploaded the new version on page 1 here and it seems to be working hopefully it still nabs this diet-pills freak!
MidBlueMac

Post by MidBlueMac »

Hi guys,

Great mod. One problem though...

I've followed the directions, and the number of posts isn't triggering www access in user profiles. I've got 21 posts, and with a threshhold of '5' I still don't see the URL or Signature fields. Is there some more troubleshooting I can do to work out why it doesn't work?

site is http://www.midnightblue.net/phpbb/
PHPBB version -2.0.20

Cheers!
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

MidBlueMac wrote: Hi guys,

Great mod. One problem though...

I've followed the directions, and the number of posts isn't triggering www access in user profiles. I've got 21 posts, and with a threshhold of '5' I still don't see the URL or Signature fields. Is there some more troubleshooting I can do to work out why it doesn't work?

site is http://www.midnightblue.net/phpbb/
PHPBB version -2.0.20

Cheers!

Check over all of the files, and reinstall it(just rewrite over all the spots you put code in and make sure they are in the right spot).

Do you have any other mods installed?
MidBlueMac

Post by MidBlueMac »

I've checked over the files. I've got the User List admin mod.

What I might do is back up the db and upgrade Phpbb, then install the mod again. Seems the best course of action.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

MidBlueMac wrote: I've checked over the files. I've got the User List admin mod.

What I might do is back up the db and upgrade Phpbb, then install the mod again. Seems the best course of action.

Ya, if you have an older version of phpBB, you should always update. :)
confoosious

Post by confoosious »

Has anyone tried to install this with Easy Mod .30? For some reason, Easy mod is not seeing this mod in the Install Mods list. (and I do have it in a folder in /admin/mods/antispam/)

Anyone?

thanks
shawn122

thanks for a great mod!

Post by shawn122 »

This problem has been plaguing me for the last 2 months or so...every day I would have to log in and delete about 5 new junk users.

I just installed last night and it has stopped 2o new registrations in a span of 24 hours!!

Thanks for a great mod!!
deano62

Post by deano62 »

I still can not get this mod to work. I've checked it again and then just re-installed it. I still get the same ammount of spambot registrations as before, no blocked registrations and no emails are sent showing blocked registrations. The only thing it has done is prevent them from putting a URL in the website field.

I getting exactly the same thing and I'm sure I've done the mods correctly.
Could the fact that I got 'Enable account activation' set to admin have anything to do with it?
Charlie_33

Eror uploading avatar after the mod

Post by Charlie_33 »

Great mod guys! The only problem that I am having is after the mod, when guys try to upload an avatar they get the message,"You cannot modify a profile that is not your own.". I'm running 2.0.8 and yes, I know that I should upgrade but does anyone have a solution? Thanks, Charlie
Conbud

Post by Conbud »

confoosious wrote: Has anyone tried to install this with Easy Mod .30? For some reason, Easy mod is not seeing this mod in the Install Mods list. (and I do have it in a folder in /admin/mods/antispam/)

Anyone?

thanks
Same goes for me, I just uploaded it to my admin/mods/antispam/ and easymod don't see the file. I put it in a text editor and named it antispam.
Malboeuf

Post by Malboeuf »

i think the mod is working perfectly, but i do have a recomendation
I manage several boards on several sites so the email option i like, but on my main forums which did have bots i would like to add the info from the email into my data base then beable to call it up in the admin panel for deletetion or to view all their IPs

also I have Code Crushers IP logger enabled and i noticed this user as a bot

Code: Select all

2006 Jul 18  promotagency 217.128.149.244 217.128.149.244  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)  
07:08:15
ID: 1486
ACP: 1  Ban IP or User:   ban user promotagency,  ban ip 217.128.149.244  
Exclude from logging:   (promotagency, 217.128.149.244),  (promotagency, *.*.*.*),  (*, 217.128.149.244)  
Proxy: (Probe)   No proxy headers found 
Referer:   http://site-removed.org/forums/profile.php?mode=register&agreed=true 

the user does not exhist and it injected a defferent Bot user name, so i banned the use of the name promotagency, interesting name tho lol

the ACP 1 means Admin Control Panel access = 1 (on) so it was a mysql injection, the odd thing is my admin is set to only my IP so mabey its just an error

this bot attempt did post a user but with no web site, i think they are starting to bypass the website removal and have been probing my site so see why no registration took place
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Re: Eror uploading avatar after the mod

Post by EXreaction »

Charlie_33 wrote: Great mod guys! The only problem that I am having is after the mod, when guys try to upload an avatar they get the message,"You cannot modify a profile that is not your own.". I'm running 2.0.8 and yes, I know that I should upgrade but does anyone have a solution? Thanks, Charlie

No idea, I just setup a 2.0.8 board and installed the mod, yet I do not get that error message.
gtneon99

Post by gtneon99 »

I followed this mod on a 2.0.21 board and so far on a so good I haven't gotten nailed yet but I have noticed that the signatures for all of the members have disappeared for some reason. Any suggestions on a fix for that? Any further information I need to give you all?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”