[RC] XData CPF [Custom Profile Fields (MMW)]

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Dragonwolf

Re: [RC] XData CPF [Custom Profile Fields (MMW)]

Post by Dragonwolf » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:46 pm

Any other mods installe htat affect the files xdata do?

I have no idea. I have easymod and, at the time, I had a chatbox mod that didn't work and which I have since taken down. You can't see the effects of either mod anymore as I had to reinstall everything due to an (unrelated) problem. At the moment xdata is installed but not running.

The chatbox has met its maker, so the board is pritty-much vanilla phpbb2 at the moment.

Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:20 am

@dragonwolf: ok can i get the board url please, then i'll take a look (i may need admin privs but i'll try just as a member if ic an)

Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:21 am

ok so it seems this is a very patchy xdata, well not patchy it does actually work half the time. anyways i was wondering waht people woudl want in the next version (which i won't give a release data for as i don't know how long it will take and how much of a time constrinat i'm under; i also want to right it bottom up so that i can get rid of some bad coding and structure. so if anyone could suggest waht theyw oudl like to see i will consider it (consider being the imporant word there).
[--]
THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED WHEN IDEAS ARE SUGGESTED AND APPROVED:

Features to be Added:
- Checkbox Group field type
- Image field type
- (Possible) Custom field types : Allows you to add your own field type, how its displayed in the TPL ect.
- (Possible) Template Suggestor : Basically if you want to put the data onto a template file you can select the file, and teh field and then xdata can sugest a solution which you should be able to simply put ino the TPL file.
- (Possible) PHP Suggestor: Basically gives a solution on how to use the variable within a PHP file
- Upgrador to phpBB3: Need to try to do this, seeing as phpBB3 has almost hit gold and it was part of the MMW suggestion

Features I won't be adding:
- Automatic Uninstaller
- Upgrader (Sorry it will be a big update and too hard to provide an upgade path)

Irn-Bru

Post by Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:18 pm

Noobarmy wrote:Irn-Bru: post
I do brieflly remember ashaneen's problem. is it the same MOD? that fix will merely work with that mod because of hwo that mod affects xdata. if its not the same please specify which it is, although its not likely to matter but yeah. i'll get round to that this week.
Also note i haven't abandoned this, however (although unlikely) if your a member of phpBBmodders you'll notice i've had to drop a lot of mods for personal reasons. I have been trying my best, beleive you me.
Ah, thank you for getting back in touch, Noobarmy. I appreciate you are a busy person and apologise if my post came over as being annoyed or the like. I'm not annoyed, just merely frustrated at not getting it to work. :|

So, it appears the mod is not the same as ashaneen's. I can't tell exactly what mod name it was as there's no details in the files or via easymod's history. I have a feeling it was installed by hand before easymod was, and before I actually joined the forum so I'm not able to say what mod it was.

The thing is, as I said in my original post, everything works fine, apart from the newly created field only showing in the last post of a thread, and I understand what you meant when describing the fact it's not getting included in the loop but...I just don't know how to get it in the loop.

Dragonwolf

Re: Noobarmy

Post by Dragonwolf » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:11 pm

I went to have a look to make sure everything was installed and it seems it isn't. I'm going to have to re-install Easymod and Xdata :(

I really need a simpler way of adding custom fields that appear under your avatar as that is all I really want to do :/

Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:20 am

well there's this tutorial : link it was the only one i could find on how to add cpfs. that's all hardcoded of course. if it doesn't work you need to then go to the mod author discussion forums rather then back here (unless you then decide to use xdata).

best of luck.
anthony.

Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:01 pm

Thanks, I'll have a look. I don't mind shoveling code into my forum so long as it explains everything I have to do and there are no bugs.

*Edit*

Could I just double or triple every step in the instructions or would that cause crazy problems?

cmk

Post by cmk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:24 pm

Can someone please explain what the advanced options do if it's not a daft question.
"And so, after briefly dipping his toe in the waters of reason, the man with no brain happily retreats to frolic on insanity beach"

Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:10 am

teh advanced options can basically be used to manipulate xdata so that more imaginative things can be done with them. something like creating a specil template for it or somethign on those lines. which advanced option are you actually looking ot use? generally if your happy with how xdata copes with the data then you don't need to fiddle with the advanced options.

cmk

Post by cmk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:36 am

I wasn't looking for anything specific or at any particular option in there really. I just wondered what they did as one may have been of use to me. Is there not a list somewhere of what each one does?
"And so, after briefly dipping his toe in the waters of reason, the man with no brain happily retreats to frolic on insanity beach"

cmk

Post by cmk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:50 am

Scrub that. I've found the help file now.

cmk

Post by cmk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:55 pm

I've added the fields to the registration form but it seems that when I set the default permissions to deny they disappear. Change them back to allow and hey presto there they are. Thing is I want them in there but only for registration. Once they've done that I need it so they can't be edited again in their profiles.

Am I looking at something now that XData can't do?

Also I've looked in the user permission section of XData. Does this affect all users?

All this is starting to confuse me a slight.

squeek

Post by squeek » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:04 pm

hi, i am having strange issue with this mod and i cant figure it out and thought i'd ask someone here for help.
installation went smooth but ive noticed an unusual problem: when i go to my profile before i have even added any extra fields and add a url to my website input field and press enter i get the following error at the top of my page:

Warning: stristr(): Empty delimiter. in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\dchubad\includes\usercp_register.php on line 620

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\test\includes\usercp_register.php:620) in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\test\includes\page_header.php on line 688

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\test\includes\usercp_register.php:620) in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\test\includes\page_header.php on line 690

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\test\includes\usercp_register.php:620) in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\test\includes\page_header.php on line 691

if i enter any old text in my website input field and press enter it ok's it but doesnt store it. for some reason it only happens to the website input field option.

squeek

Post by squeek » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:52 pm

its ok i solved that issue now, it was another mod i had installed 'disallow website' what was causing the conflicts, now it works good.
i have another question 'if this topic is still alive' the mod allows you to move up or down the other 9 input fields etc website, msn, aim but is it posible to have it so that they cant be adjusted or even have that part totally removed so it will only deal with newly created options?
ive been trying to work out how to remove the parts that have included those 9 options but seems i struggling :( i know you will say just leave them but i'd like very much for the same mod but without the option of moving the website, msn, aim etc... nice mod though :)

Ygramul

Post by Ygramul » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:57 pm

Crap, I'm sorry. I posted this in the wrong place. :(

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”