MOD Description: Allows board members to rate a topic (-1, 0, +1)
MOD Version: 0.6.4 (BETA)
MOD Download: Download 0.6.4 zip
Last Code Update: 2006-11-20
Before downloading and using the code at the link above, be sure to understand the following:
There will be NO UPGRADE from the current version (0.6.4 BETA) to any subsequent version. The MOD has had basic functionality verified on my test board, but there is no guarantee that I have captured all of the MOD install instructions accurately or completely. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Again, I repeat, there will be NO UPGRADE from this version to ANY following version. If you are not comfortable with that situation, then please do not download or install this MOD. I'm releasing the code now to give folks the opportunity to try it out, and to ask for help in verifying that I have captured all of the required installation steps.
**** Update Notes Nov 20, 2006 ****
I discovered a security issue with this MOD that would allow users to rate topics that they did not have access to view, or even rate topics that did not exist. That has been fixed in 0.6.4 and I would encourage everyone that has tested this MOD to download the update.
- New search on the index: Show Top "n" Rated Topics, here "n" is a parameter set in the ACP. If the parameter is not set it defaults to 10.
- Fixed topicpoints so that data passed on the URL is not only sanitized but validated. Users can no longer hack the URL to vote for topics they can't see, vote for topics that don't exist, vote for topics despite forum permissions, or vote for topics even when topic points have been disabled via the ACP.
- Code now checks for "auth" status before displaying topics that a user has rated. So if a user has rated a topic in a private forum, and you don't have access to view that private forum, you won't see the topic title (or the rating) on the user list. I still need to fix the user profile view, but viewpoints.php has been updated.
Original MOD Post
This MOD will allow board members to rate a topic with a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" style of rating. I will provide a basic graphic with the MOD download. I understand that thumbs up/down may be offensive in some cultures, so you're on your own to create different graphics if that's the case.
What this MOD does:
- Logged in members will be able to rate a topic up or down
- Logged in members will be allowed to change their rating
- Admins / Mods can view who rated a topic and how they rated
- Admins / Mods can remove a rating. Note that I will not be providing a way for Admins / Mods to edit a rating. I don't believe that's appropriate, you can remove it but you may not alter a user's rating.
- Optionally see a graphic that represents a relative rating of the topic
- Weight search results by topic points
- Other features as suggested
- Allow users to rate posts, it's for topics only
- Allow users to rate users, that's "karma" and that's a different MOD