[DEV] Subscription Pro

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Baby Boy

[DEV] Subscription Pro

Post by Baby Boy »

MOD Title: Subscription Pro
MOD Description: Allows member subscriptions (either voluntarily after being a member OR to join a forum)
MOD Version: 0.0.0
MOD Download: n/a - Dev/Idea Collecting Status
Last Updated: n/a

What this MOD will do:

UPDATED: October 28, 2006 at 11:23am
Advanced Payment Methods -Allow subscription via PayPal and Authorize.Net (Credit Card)
Subcribe Plus - This will allow the admin to simple and easily setup subscription packages, which payment gateway(s) to offer, how much it is and how the memberis billed.
uVerify - Manual or Auto-Verification of Subscriptions
iTrial - Allow the member's to trial the site, set the amount of days, which forums are accessible and which pages to view/see... all in this one small package (FUTURE ADDITION)
Discount System - Offer coupon discounts for your memberships... (FUTURE ADDITION)
Notify Me - "Advanced Notice" feature to allow the member to receive an email within' a set period of time of their subscription expiring and to take action
Legal Stuff - Terms of Agreement subscribe notice, editable through the ACP
Enhancements - Allows you to select which features are available to subscribed members, allowing you to select which features are accessible to each subscription package. As well, you can also configure for additional PM space and such.
SecureMe - Configurations for the SSL certificate settings
Admin Config's - ACP Order Stats, allows you to view new subscriptions, printable log sheet and more

Screenshots:
None Right Now

Demo:
None Right Now

Helping out:
Will need testers and feature ideas, feel free to share your ideas... not all ideas will make it into the modification but will be reviewed.

+PLUS+ I'll need a few other tester's to help me test with their credit cards when I feel everything is safe enough to, don't worry, I'll get me an SSL certificate to keep them safe. For people who help me out with this easy task I will compensate some money (pay YOU extra money) PLUS whatever you paid using your credit/debit card.

Pre-Requisite Requirements:
1. SSL Certificate (Suggestively REQUIRED)... Be Smart, Don't Leak Your Member's Payment Info, etc.

Future Additions:
1. MaxMind Fraud Payment Integration - I may need some help with this one but it'll be integrated as well into the ACP... its not a free service, they charge I believe .20 cents per transaction (you buy transactions in bulk.) The service is good though, they determine using logical ways of figuring out if a credit/debit card is falsely used or is fine.

2. Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode - Another thing I'll need help with... don't expect this anytime soon though, I am seeing maybe a couple versions down the line before this even gets started. This'll allow a more secure verification if they decide to pay via Authorize.Net, not sure about PayPal yet. Service costs but no more then a $1 I believe, or maybe a flat monthly fee.

3. Addt'nal Payment Gateways - Utilizing the core of the system, I am hoping I can help out by later on maybe utilizing other payment gateways. I don't want this to turn into a full blown out eCommerce type thing... just a few other popular payment gateways. On mind is AlertPay right now and maybe in Version 2.0.0 or 3.0.0 I'll try and get PayPal Direct Payment (or the IPN) and even Google Checkout added.

4. Give 'Em Credits - A little feature I call Give 'Em Credits. Simple like the PayPal Subscription Mod by sandodo --- when a user subscribes or makes a donation (from his mods point of view) --- the member gets credits. This'll do the same thing.

5. Comprehensive ACP Controls - Figure it like this, it'll be easy to control, but will have many angles in which to control with, sort of like an airplane but with less complications. This little signature addon will definitely get you some revenue from all types of angles.

NOTES:

1. Until -SV- finished his finished Advertisement Banner product, that feature will not be implemented

2. This'll take a bit of time as I have a full-time job and a personal life to attend to, but I promise I will work my hardest to fulfill this job. My goal is to have it done and a Alpha/BETA out by late October, mid November.

Roadmap (Will be altered often):

July 25, 2006
  • Work begins on Subscription Pro mod
  • Database table structure begins... final structure should be complete within' 1-2 days
Last edited by Baby Boy on Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Need a Fresh phpBB Installed, Upgraded or Hooked Up with Some NICE Mods. Send me an email... mdstreetsoulja@gmail.com for more info.

CashTalkz Dot Net - Participate in the Forum and Earn Money!
dcz

Post by dcz »

Very nice idea ;)

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

dcz wrote: Very nice idea :wink:

Need a Fresh phpBB Installed, Upgraded or Hooked Up with Some NICE Mods. Send me an email... mdstreetsoulja@gmail.com for more info.

go99live

Post by go99live »

really interesting mod,weldone
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

Seen 2 people interested, anybody else? If not then I'll just cancel this mod altogether (atleast for now.)

dcz

Post by dcz »

Well, it's hard to tell without a demo ;)

I am sure this mod would interest a lot of people, but they need to find out such solution exist and thus a working demo.

++

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

Well, this is a reserved spot for this addon. I'm trying to generate and see who all would be interested in this, plus I've added an additional feature to the list:

Enabled/Disable System - Enabled if you want to use the system, disable to not use it.

Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

Alright, so I've decided to take an early jump onto this modification, I started it and am underway with working on it. Remember it'll take some time as I'm a very busy person.

Something else, since I am too busy (and at the moment too lazy/tired from working overnight) --- I am utilizing a Authorize.Net class written by somebody, its released under the GPL and its not a base program (it more like a simple Authorize.Net PHP Class to help build up off of... so that eliminates that.)

In the first post is the roadmap and it'll be updated along the way. Keep watching this topic if interested.

SommerNyte

Post by SommerNyte »

I have been searching for a mod like this, and in my searching, I can tell you a lot of people are looking for it, and no one has created it yet. There's a similar one, but it's only for users to pay AFTER they've joined... sounds like yours is what I want - pay to join, not join first, then have to pay/upgrade.
ibnuasad

Post by ibnuasad »

Wow...I would love to have this mod :) And Im sure THOUSANDS or MORE people would be very interested in this mod :D
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

Alright, thanks everybody, I've started on this modification and hope to have something within' the weeks to come... hopefully full BETA finish before the end of September, mid October.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

I sure am interested.

I can help you with testing once you upload it to your site. Of course if you don't mind.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

Thanks EY, I have you down for it, I'll speak to you later about it, for right now I have to prepare to go to work tonight, I'll shoot an PM later. Bye.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Okay i'll be waiting for that PM.
And thanks :)
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
mdvaldosta

Post by mdvaldosta »

Looks interesting, I'll keep an eye out on this one.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”