[DEV] Subscription Pro

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

If you want you can do it on my host if you don't mind. Please PM me if you do so we can talk it out.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

Hey EY,

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep an open mind on that and I appreciate it. If I do take you up on your offer, I'll make sure to give you a percentage of the credit for the mod development for the "devlopmental environment."

Either way, I am working on it... I just finished a little simple change here and there and you can see it posted up on the forums. Its a small change (more of a simple change) to change the "Post Reply" button in the private messages (which really doesn't make sense... I mean, how can you post a reply to a private message.)

Anyway, I did a small modification (not even enough to be called a mod, simple change here and there.. shouldn't take no more then 5-10 minutes if you know what your doing.)

But yeah, don't close that opp. EY, like I said, I may take you up on it, just let me think first.
Need a Fresh phpBB Installed, Upgraded or Hooked Up with Some NICE Mods. Send me an email... mdstreetsoulja@gmail.com for more info.

CashTalkz Dot Net - Participate in the Forum and Earn Money!
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Alright. Well hit me with a PM once you have thought about it.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
comuter

Post by comuter »

Excellent Idea, I always wanted something like this but found one that was pretty old but I WILL TRY THIS for sure
GEARSLAYER

Post by GEARSLAYER »

I too would like to see these features in a mod.
dynamok

Post by dynamok »

I'd love to have this
RiTz21

Post by RiTz21 »

Is this mod ready?
Sounds like something I could really use !!

Thanks !
RiTz21
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

U P D A T E

Just posting an update. After some months of not having time to work on the modification and falling back on the effort for this modification, I've gotten back into the swing of things.

I just downloaded the Authorize.Net API Documentation and I'm reading over it. I'll be looking at it for the next few days and familiarizing myself with the example code provided with it as well. I also downloaded the developer's package for the PayPal development or whatever and will be looking over that.

All in all, I am looking to start back on the development in a couple of weeks (or a week) and will keep this topic MORE updated if anyone is still interested.
Need a Fresh phpBB Installed, Upgraded or Hooked Up with Some NICE Mods. Send me an email... mdstreetsoulja@gmail.com for more info.

CashTalkz Dot Net - Participate in the Forum and Earn Money!
shoebag22

Post by shoebag22 »

I'm very much interested still....
KingRoxas

Post by KingRoxas »

:D This mod sounds great!

It'd be real fun if you made the Cash Mod compatable with this ... perhaps members could cash in their cash (cash mod) as a reward, they'd get a subscription.

Anyways, good luck.
RescueDiver

Feature Request...

Post by RescueDiver »

I am VERY new to phpbb. I just d/led it two days ago and finally got it working today. The reason for getting into phpbb was that I wanted more control over my scuba diving club's message group (currently Yahoo Groups). I have seen other software (i.e. vbulletins ) offer features like subscriptions, but their software is $160.00 plus the cost of future updates.

I would like to see a way/feature that would allow users to pay for individual services. for example... I could offer my users a why to sign-up for and pay on-line for group functions, parties, trips, dues and donations. These are not all subscription type transactions, but they could fall under that category if the end result is the same. This would be a more acurate way of tracking who has signed-up for and paid for said services.

Thank for listening. I hope this gave you some ideas.

RescueDiver
gtapley

I am also very interested in this module!

Post by gtapley »

This is exactly the kind of module I have been looking for for at least one of my forums. I will monitor this thread and may be able to help test it.
h23jy0q3ynq

Post by h23jy0q3ynq »

I'm still interested.
killyouall

Post by killyouall »

cant wait for it to be in testing stages lol but i dont think i can help out with testing lol
wcm316

Re: Feature Request...

Post by wcm316 »

Add me to the list of interest for the mod. My interest is for paid subscriptions to enter the site. I operate a high school class website and having the ability to add more subscription types such as tickets for reunions for different classes, keeping a acurate way of tracking who has made a purchase.
RescueDiver wrote: I have seen other software (i.e. vbulletins ) offer features like subscriptions, but their software is $160.00 plus the cost of future updates.

Currently the only options are vbulletin board and invision power which are expensive for the features. I like phpbb and would rather stay than change everything over.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”