[RC2] Multiple PM Recipients 0.6.1 (MMW)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
nims

Post by nims » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:47 am

I dont see bbcode options in ACP while sending mass PM. It wud be a great addon.
Also, in ACP it wud be a gud option if we can select certain users to send PM to. Like we shud be able to select people depending upon the number of posts they have made .. say more than 10,20 etc. searcheable or even 0 so that we can sent PM to new commers only.
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne

nims

Post by nims » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:17 am

While sending Mass PM from ACP to all users, I got this error.
Could not insert/update private message sent info.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig) VALUES (1, 'Using NIMs forum', 2, 423, 1163843796, '', 0, 1, 1, 0)

Line : 99
File : admin_mass_pm.php

Why is this so ?
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne

majjk99

Post by majjk99 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:31 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote: The last error seems more like an error with the email side than your MOD.

I don't know enough about the email system to be of any real help. All I can suggest is checking to see if your smpt settings are correct, and ask your host if mass emailing is allowed.

I'm not sure which error you refer to but I got an error message pointing at emailer.php and line 234 (I think it was... Unfortunately I don't remember the exact error message). What is that about? Is it likely to be server restriction as mentioned regarding the other error?

ZombieSlayer

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:48 am

majjk99 wrote:
ZombieSlayer wrote:The last error seems more like an error with the email side than your MOD.

I don't know enough about the email system to be of any real help. All I can suggest is checking to see if your smpt settings are correct, and ask your host if mass emailing is allowed.

I'm not sure which error you refer to but I got an error message pointing at emailer.php and line 234 (I think it was... Unfortunately I don't remember the exact error message). What is that about? Is it likely to be server restriction as mentioned regarding the other error?

I'm sorry to say I don't know. I haven't been running my board as of late and had long ago removed the test forum this MOD was installed on.

Your best option is to contact the MOD author (first post).

clight77

Post by clight77 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:30 am

Hi.
When quoting a reply in PM is there a way to enable the extra + for names ?

Or am i missing something.

Nice mod by the way :)

Thanks
Last edited by clight77 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...

majjk99

Post by majjk99 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:34 pm

majjk99 wrote:
ZombieSlayer wrote:The last error seems more like an error with the email side than your MOD.

ok, checked with webhost and was told there is a limit on using mail() function, limit being 50 every 30 seconds. so a way around this would be to slow down the script a bit. I don't think I'm the only one having this kind of limit, so might be good idea to somehow incorporate this to the mod. I'm gonna add something to the mod i a few days time, but if someone would be interested to put something together before that, then I would be very interested in having a look at the result.

finally, does someone know if phpbb3 will have a function like this built in?

majjk99

Post by majjk99 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:31 am

an update:

I had a closer look and it seems that only about 120 pm:s were sent, when I was targetting a group of 170. and out of those 120, only a maximum of 50 got their email motification.

why not everyone received their pm, that I don't know. however, it seems that this mod need to take into account a possible limit to the amount of emails that can be sent in one go. I don't think I'm unique in having this kind of limit imposed on me...

clight77

Post by clight77 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:03 am

clight77 wrote: Hi.
When quoting a reply in PM is there a way to enable the extra + for names ?

Or am i missing something.

Nice mod by the way :)

Thanks

Any one else have this issue :)

Thanks
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...

HarleyDude

Post by HarleyDude » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:30 pm

This is a great solution. I have a couple minor issues and was wondering if you could help.

1) During the install I couldn't find the following:

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/privmsgs_preview.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
	<td width="100%" class="row2"><span class="genmed">{MESSAGE_TO}</span></td>

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]----------------------------------
#
	<td width="100%" class="row2"><span class="genmed">
	<!-- BEGIN recipients -->
			{recipients.R_USERNAME}, 
	<!-- END recipients -->
	</span></td>

#
2) Without the above being changed, I attempted to move on and I am experiencing the following issue. There appears to be an extra box appearing below the username field (shown below). I also receive an error on the page. The error is:
Line: 407
Char: 1
Error: 'Element' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http://mydomain.com/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - TIA

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:37 am

For your first issue, since you are using a template other than subSilver, have you tried a partial find, e.g. look for {MESSAGE_TO}?
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

GaVrA

Post by GaVrA » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:35 pm

installed, tested mass pm from acp, works like a charm!!! :D

tested from inbox, do not work!!! :( that little switch bellow with + on it simply doesnt work so i cant add more users... :(

help? :idea:

caitsdad

Post by caitsdad » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:51 am

is there still suport fo this mod i am having the issue of that long white box like HarleyDude was having

powerful_rogue

Re: [RC2] Multiple PM Recipients 0.6.1 (MMW)

Post by powerful_rogue » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:12 pm

I simply didnt up the postingbody.tpl - that removed the error and stopped the ability of members sending mass pms.

I only wanted it for admin to send mass pms.

EDIT - Just uninstalled it! When I checked only half of the forum got the PMs!

whodat63

Post by whodat63 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Does anyone know the status of this MOD? Is [RC2] bug free?

Is support for it dead? The author's last post in this topic was 6 months ago (Oct 30) and his profile indicates his last visit to the forums was in January.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Thu May 03, 2007 7:42 pm

It worked find for me at the time.
I have uninstalled this mod in the meantime as my users were simply not using it. I did keep the Mass PM ACP Mod though and still use that.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”