[ABD] Sub forums for 2.0.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:17 pm

I became a little confused by reading all this
Which one do I really need for version 2.0.2??

Like most mods, the latest version is constantly updated on the first post. All posts after that are people having problems asking for help and posts talking about code changes. So always take the download from the link in the first post
does anybody know whether this mod is compatible with the Stop Post Count From Increasing mod? which disabled the users post count to increase in some categories...

Yes, it is compatible. Most mods are.
and is it safe to replace such large amounts of code as i read in the install file of hierarchies?? i've also got the Last Visit mod and the Default Avatar mod installed, will this be a problem??

I am rewriting much of the installation files to change the replace bits as it is used too much when it doesnt need to be. I would suggest that if you install the mod, if you come across a find & replace, just look at the differences and see if you can just add the differences only (you can in a number of places)

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:28 pm

Mod confirmed to work on phpbb2.0.3. with no changes required.

Also, a minor change of code in /includes/functions.php:

Find

Code: Select all

$boxstring .= '<option value="-1" class="' . $class . 'c">' . space($category_rows[$i]['cat_hier_level']*2, '&nbsp;') . $category_rows[$i]['cat_title']  . '</option>' . "\n"\;
Replace with

Code: Select all

$boxstring .= '<option value="-1" class="' . $class . 'c">' . space($category_rows[$i]['cat_hier_level']*2, '&nbsp;') . $category_rows[$i]['cat_title']  . '</option>' . "\n";
modify the above to bring yourself upto date from version 0.9.42 to 0.9.43. (first post and download updated with latest version)

ThaGangsta

Post by ThaGangsta » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:39 pm

aight, thnx m8 :D

Now I only have to find the images and stuff for subBlack and I'll be ready to install that long MOD :wink:

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:54 pm

ThaGangsta wrote: aight, thnx m8 :D

Now I only have to find the images and stuff for subBlack and I'll be ready to install that long MOD :wink:

It is a long mod so give yourself 90 minutes on this one. The images supplied dont need to be used. You can use your normal icon in its place if you want. If you havent installed any other mods yet, i would suggest you install this one first as there are supplied files which you can use to overwrite your existing ones and save all that typing. If you arent using subsilver, you can still do this with the .php files and this will just mean you will have to update the .tpl files manually.

ThaGangsta

Post by ThaGangsta » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:59 pm

:? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O :? 8O

Sounds hard (to me), I will try tomorrow when I'm good awake..
Now I'll sleep for a while :D

ThaGangsta

Post by ThaGangsta » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:27 pm

this must be the difficultiëst MOD in the world... :? :?
I'll wait till there is an easy one available

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:32 pm

ThaGangsta wrote: this must be the difficultiëst MOD in the world... :? :?
I'll wait till there is an easy one available

Its not difficult. Its just the same as other mods. However, its just longer than most mods.

I plan to revise the instructions shortly to make them easymod compatible but the code itself is unlikely to any more significant changes as the next version of phpbb is likely to have sub-forums as standard so its not worth spending too much time on this mod which does work as it should do.

I would suggest you give it try but backup the files before you make the changes and make sure you have the time to spare. With a decent text editor and a bit of care, it should take you 45 minutes.

ThaGangsta

Post by ThaGangsta » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:57 pm

editting the php/tpl files shouldn't be too hard, but i'm worried about the database file :(

I'm using DreamWeaver as editor, should be good, not??

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:15 pm

The sql edits wont have any impact on your existing database. Loads of mods make sql changes. The main addition to the database is to show the forums as subforums and subcatagories. This cant be done without an addition to the database. It will not change you user details or posts so you have no problem there.

Dreamweaver is what i use too.

ThaGangsta

Post by ThaGangsta » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:03 pm

aight, thnx m8... I will try

btw, Do I have to change more things because I use the subBlack template??

retroworld

Post by retroworld » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:36 pm

[quote=somebody]I am rewriting much of the installation files to change the replace bits as it is used too much when it doesnt need to be. I would suggest that if you install the mod, if you come across a find & replace, just look at the differences and see if you can just add the differences only (you can in a number of places)[/quote]
is this necessary!?!? cause the installation time of this mod is already very much... and if i have to check every replace part that's gonna take a hell lot of time! :(

and another question, i don't know how to make SQL changes in the database (ok, with phpmyadmin but how?) so can someone please make a db_update.php file so i don't have to do this manually!!?!? please??!?!?

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:41 pm

ThaGangsta wrote: aight, thnx m8... I will try

No need to do any more but remember any references to subsilver would need to be changed to subblack.
s this necessary!?!? cause the installation time of this mod is already very much... and if i have to check every replace part that's gonna take a hell lot of time!

You shouldnt have to. The only conflicts i know of are the attachment mod (which is easily fixed), auto-group mod and the forum permissions on one page mod. If you dont have these, you should be fine.

leokor

Post by leokor » Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:37 pm

DoubleDoom wrote:
ThaGangsta wrote:aight, thnx m8... I will try

No need to do any more but remember any references to subsilver would need to be changed to subblack.

No, I believe one does have to create extra two icons, for the folder-forum.

Leo

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:56 pm

leokor wrote: No, I believe one does have to create extra two icons, for the folder-forum.

Leo

If you dont like the supplied icons, you replace them with ones from your existing template. Just use the same name.

Swordfish

Post by Swordfish » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:07 pm

retroworld wrote: and another question, i don't know how to make SQL changes in the database (ok, with phpmyadmin but how?) so can someone please make a db_update.php file so i don't have to do this manually!!?!? please??!?!?

Is this possible?? Caus it's hard to make the changes, and it go very wrong :roll:

Well, I'm afraid I'll lose my posts :wink:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”