[MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Locked
User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

Re: [RC3] Approval MOD v2.x

Post by uncle.f » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:31 pm

I am back from my holiday and trying to repackage the Approval MOD for the Release. I have run into troubles producing the promised compatibility fixes for the Simple Subforums and the Digest MODs as it is STILL impossible to download any MODs from the phpBB official MOD repository. As I cannot get my hands on the MODs sources I cannot really produce any fixes for them. I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. :(

User avatar
polkadotcat
Registered User
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:11 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC3] Approval MOD v2.x

Post by polkadotcat » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Here's the direct links to the official phpbb.com mods for simple subforums and digests mods
http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/simple_ ... 1.0.2b.zip
http://phpbb.com/files/mods/digests_1.0.13a.zip
I'm just a girl in the world...
polkadotcat's wee world...

Veronicah
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:35 pm

Re: [RC3] Approval MOD v2.x

Post by Veronicah » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:22 am

uncle.f wrote: I am back from my holiday and trying to repackage the Approval MOD for the Release. I have run into troubles producing the promised compatibility fixes for the Simple Subforums and the Digest MODs as it is STILL impossible to download any MODs from the phpBB official MOD repository. As I cannot get my hands on the MODs sources I cannot really produce any fixes for them. I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. :(


Uncle.f,

Can you please release the 2.0 final package with only the smaller and simple Topics Anywhere fix? That would be good enough.

I think the Simple Subforums and Digest Mods can wait for a later 2.01 release or something. This way, most people have something they can use now and don't have to wait for the compatibility fix for those other bigger and more complicated mods that they don't use anyhow.

sceltic
Registered User
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: [RC3] Approval MOD v2.x

Post by sceltic » Sat May 05, 2007 11:32 pm

Wondering if there was any news on this superb mod Uncle.F ?
I have in use the simple sub fourms mod, so I presume from reading that it will not work as is now.

sceltic
Registered User
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: [RC3] Approval MOD v2.x

Post by sceltic » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:27 am

Will this will still be worked on for phpbb2.0?

If this is usefull this is the simple sub forums mod
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=1697

User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

Re: [RC3] Approval MOD v2.x

Post by uncle.f » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:28 pm

Veronicah wrote:Can you please release the 2.0 final package with only the smaller and simple Topics Anywhere fix? That would be good enough. I think the Simple Subforums and Digest Mods can wait for a later 2.01 release or something.
It's finally happened. Giving you the full thing now!
Including Simple Subforums, Email Digests Mod and Topics Anywhere compatibility fixes.

Sorry about the wait, but you know how it is. :-)

Please remember - the version in the download link IS THE ONE which will be submitted for validation (as soon as phpBB system allows it again). BUT this does not mean it has been approved or validated yet.

Enough said.

Enjoy!

bugfixed
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Turkey
Name: Murat
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by bugfixed » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:43 pm

nice news. thanks..

Release date? (validated?)
Image

User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:56 pm

bugfixed wrote:nice news. thanks..

Release date? (validated?)
People are never happy, aren't they? :roll:

I have completed my work 101%. So "release" date for me was yesterday.
When will phpBB management start accepting MODs for validation again? I have no idea.
How long will it take to validate my MOD? I have no idea.

Please ask somebody who knows because I don't and never will.
Last edited by uncle.f on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bugfixed
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Turkey
Name: Murat
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by bugfixed » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:53 am

thanks for reply.
Image

Veronicah
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:35 pm

Re: [RC3] Approval MOD v2.x

Post by Veronicah » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:35 am

uncle.f wrote:
Veronicah wrote:Can you please release the 2.0 final package with only the smaller and simple Topics Anywhere fix? That would be good enough. I think the Simple Subforums and Digest Mods can wait for a later 2.01 release or something.
It's finally happened. Giving you the full thing now!
Including Simple Subforums, Email Digests Mod and Topics Anywhere compatibility fixes.

Sorry about the wait, but you know how it is. :-)

Please remember - the version in the download link IS THE ONE which will be submitted for validation (as soon as phpBB system allows it again). BUT this does not mean it has been approved or validated yet.

Enough said.

Enjoy!
Uncle.f, thanks very much for the release! I've been looking forward to it! :D

User avatar
xmenfile
Registered User
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:32 pm

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by xmenfile » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:14 am

Hi there,

I installed it with Antispam mod, but some how i can't set it up in ACP. I checked these boxes, saved it, but when i come back to this screen these checked marks disappear. Anyone know why it does that?

1 more thing, all of my users' replies requires approval, even they don't change, add the subject. is it because i have this [2.0.10] Auto Subject On Reply, it automatics put [RE] on subject line?
Image

Any comments or concerns would be appreciate it.

User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 am

xmenfile wrote:I installed it with Antispam mod, but some how i can't set it up in ACP. I checked these boxes, saved it, but when i come back to this screen these checked marks disappear. Anyone know why it does that?
Have you installed the Approval MOD by manually editing your files or by using EasyMOD?

Also, I am not sure what the Antispam MOD does exactly, but something tells me it has a very high chance to conflict with the Approval MOD since the Antispam MOD most likely change the posting/displaying behaviour just like the Approval MOD does. I would say choose one of them (or tell me exactly what the Antispam MOD does and how it does it).
1 more thing, all of my users' replies requires approval, even they don't change, add the subject. is it because i have this [2.0.10] Auto Subject On Reply, it automatics put [RE] on subject line?
No, it is not because of the subject. "Approve or not approve" decision is not made based on a subject or post contents. Please RTM.

User avatar
xmenfile
Registered User
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:32 pm

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by xmenfile » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:49 pm

Thank you Uncle. f for the quick respond. for safety purpose, I always install my mod mannually. And regard to Antispam it checks all PMs, Posts and Registrations and it checks posts and hide them until moderate or admin approve, but not as good as your approval mod having more details and control. That's why i disabled Check Post feature in Antispam mod, but did not help.

legwon
Registered User
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by legwon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:36 am

i would love to install this, however im getting this error.

Code: Select all

Template->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: admin/mod_sql_body.tpl

i get this going into step2 in easyMOD. i cant find that file anywhere.

any suggestions as to what it could be?

User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:50 am

I'd love to help but the file in question is definitely not a part of the Approval MOD. Is this your first ever attempt to use EasyMOD on that particular phpBB installation? If so, I'd suggest to check file permissions, i.e. that EasyMOD is able to write and create new files. Often this is a problem which can be cured by using the FTP mode in EasyMOD.

Anyway, this is all related to EasyMOD, not to the Approval MOD. I suggest you seek help in the EasyMOD area..

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”