[MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
uncle.f

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:55 am

xmenfile wrote:for safety purpose, I always install my mod mannually. And regard to Antispam it checks all PMs, Posts and Registrations and it checks posts and hide them until moderate or admin approve, but not as good as your approval mod having more details and control. That's why i disabled Check Post feature in Antispam mod, but did not help.
Two things:
1) I recommend installing the Approval MOD using EasyMOD
2) Do not use Antispam MOD together with the Approval MOD - choose one. Disabling Antispam MOD is not good enough, you must have only one of those two MODs installed

legwon

Post by legwon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:16 am

uncle.f wrote: Is this your first ever attempt to use EasyMOD on that particular phpBB installation?
no the board is heavily modded.
yes it was an EM error.. my bad.. i reinstalled EM and everythings good :D

however i am coming up with post count on "View posts since last visit" with reg user without approval.. i thought it wasnt supposed to count until after it was approved?

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:40 am

legwon wrote:however i am coming up with post count on "View posts since last visit" with reg user without approval.. i thought it wasnt supposed to count until after it was approved?
I am not sure if I follow.. Could you please explain in more details.

legwon

Post by legwon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:47 am

i have a couple of "test" accounts(both regular users) and when i make a post with one of them the other gets a post count such as this... "View posts since last visit (1)" (post since last login)
arnt the posts supposed to be completly hidden until it is approved? if its setup that way.
i can understand if a mod or admin get a count but a regular user?

is there something wrong? or am i wrong?

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:10 am

hey this seems to be what i was looking for !

i run an MBA forum with projects etc which members with only 3 posts or above can dowload. now this as xpected is leading to lot of irrelevant posts just for sake of crossing 3 posts barrier

so using this mod can i put the first three posts under moderation/approval queue....plz guide me how to enable such settings

also my forum is queite modded , thnks to my inquisitiveness to have my forum full of features...and am a noivice when it comes to coding etc. plz have a look http://www.ibsrocks.com/forum n just check if its fine to use this mod on my forum

also using easymod , if anything goes wrong it always has option to reverse the changes with one click rite? :D

suggestions/guidance plz !

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:27 am

installation time = 2hours, level = advanced....

man this seems very complex, i dont think i can handle it unless its smooth n fully compatible with easymod.... can som1 do this for me? please pm :(

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:44 pm

abhishek1711 wrote:installation time = 2hours, level = advanced....
man this seems very complex, i dont think i can handle it unless its smooth n fully compatible with easymod.... can som1 do this for me? please pm :(
Please read the documentation and FAQ. The links are in the very first post of this thread. This MOD is 100% compatible with EasyMOD.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:54 pm

legwon wrote:i have a couple of "test" accounts(both regular users) and when i make a post with one of them the other gets a post count such as this... "View posts since last visit (1)" (post since last login)
arnt the posts supposed to be completly hidden until it is approved? if its setup that way.
Thanks for reporting this issue. I will check it shortly.

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:33 pm

uncle.f wrote: Please read the documentation and FAQ. The links are in the very first post of this thread. This MOD is 100% compatible with EasyMOD.
okie so what do i need to do.just put al files in one folder, uplaod it and run through easy mod...any further steps needed? i have few mods like simple sub forums etc installed...

legwon

Post by legwon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:16 pm

abhishek1711 wrote:
uncle.f wrote: Please read the documentation and FAQ. The links are in the very first post of this thread. This MOD is 100% compatible with EasyMOD.
okie so what do i need to do.just put al files in one folder, uplaod it and run through easy mod...any further steps needed? i have few mods like simple sub forums etc installed...
Approval MOD FAQ wrote: Q#16: How do I install this thing? Can you do it for me (I'll pay for it)?

I will not answer any question like 'What is a MOD?' and 'How do I install a MOD?' If you are unfamiliar with the general concept I suggest you seek help in the general MOD support forums and official phpBB documentation. I will not install this or any other MOD on your site even if you pay me (well, I may consider it if my time is paid the same way or better than my daytime job, however, I really do not expect that to happen, so generally it is still a 'No').

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:37 pm

man it was a simple honest question...chill !

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:29 pm

legwon wrote:i have a couple of "test" accounts(both regular users) and when i make a post with one of them the other gets a post count such as this... "View posts since last visit (1)" (post since last login)
i can understand if a mod or admin get a count but a regular user?

is there something wrong? or am i wrong?
I have checked the behaviour you describe. If we are talking about the same thing, which is, to my understanding, the link on the top right of the phpBB index page:

"View posts since last visit " (pointing to .../search.php?search_id=newposts)

...then I have to inform you that in a standard phpBB installation you never get any post count in the link itself. You must have a MOD of some description that changes the link in question by adding posts count to it. This MOD is obviously Approval MOD unaware, hence the described behaviour.

xmenfile

Post by xmenfile » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:47 am

Two things:
1) I recommend installing the Approval MOD using EasyMOD
2) Do not use Antispam MOD together with the Approval MOD - choose one. Disabling Antispam MOD is not good enough, you must have only one of those two MODs installed

Hi,

I finally decided Approval Mod and removed Antispam completely. It works ok, but i have 1 questions regard to new user's reply. I followed the instructions, set up forum as "Approval is ON by default" and set couple Ranks. Some how New user's reply (only contants "Thank you") which does not modify subject line or image or url still requires approval.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:19 am

xmenfile wrote:It works ok, but i have 1 questions regard to new user's reply. I followed the instructions, set up forum as "Approval is ON by default" and set couple Ranks. Some how New user's reply (only contants "Thank you") which does not modify subject line or image or url still requires approval.
I suggest you read the documentation, especially the part with a flowchart that explains how the decision whether the post requires approval or not is made. You will see that the contents of the post or reply does not matter.

You don't expect the Approval MOD to be that artificially intelligent to be able to analyze the contents, do you? :o If it was possible to write a software like that spam would cease to exist!

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:49 am

abhishek1711 wrote: okie so what do i need to do.just put al files in one folder, uplaod it and run through easy mod...any further steps needed? i have few mods like simple sub forums etc installed...
what i meant are the fixes for simple subforums etc are also auto installed by easy mod(since i put whole documents in one folder n upload). am i on right path

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”