[MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
User avatar
tarotamerica
Registered User
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:30 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by tarotamerica » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:24 pm

I have done it a few times before & completely forgot how to do it. Approaching middle age here LOL. Thank you for your help!
Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous
—Albert Einstein

User avatar
tarotamerica
Registered User
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:30 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by tarotamerica » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:19 pm

delete please

I am using the Auto group MOD to do this for me. [I cannot use the admin_ranks capability due to conflicts with other MODs.]
Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous
—Albert Einstein

User avatar
tarotamerica
Registered User
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:30 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by tarotamerica » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:01 pm

How do I make the "Forum Defaut [off]" switch over to "Needs Approval?" I have tried several things but they do not work.

I cannot get the admin_ranks function to work because it conflicts with other MODs, I think.

I would like to make it so that all new registered users will default to "Needs Approval".
Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous
—Albert Einstein

User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:01 am

tarotamerica wrote:How do I make the "Forum Defaut [off]" switch over to "Needs Approval?" I have tried several things but they do not work.

I cannot get the admin_ranks function to work because it conflicts with other MODs, I think.

I would like to make it so that all new registered users will default to "Needs Approval".
If your newly registered users do not belong to any group and you really sure you cannot use ranks option then the only option you have left is to make approval on by default for your forum(s). To enable that, go to the admin panel -> forum admin -> management and then press 'edit' on the desired forum. There you will see many approval related options. You have to tick the "Approval is ON by default" box. This will enable the approval by default for that one forum that you edited. Afterwards, you will need to create a group of "trusted" users and give that group permission to allow posting without approval in that forum. Once you are satisfied with a user you can then add him to that group.

By the way, if you have never been to that options page before (as described above), it means that you never enabled another option called "Ranks override permissions", which in turn means that you may be able to get it working with ranks as well.

Please see the documentation it is explained there in detail. It does not make sense to repeat it here again.

User avatar
tarotamerica
Registered User
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:30 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by tarotamerica » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:43 pm

uncle.f wrote:
By the way, if you have never been to that options page before (as described above), it means that you never enabled another option called "Ranks override permissions", which in turn means that you may be able to get it working with ranks as well.

Please see the documentation it is explained there in detail. It does not make sense to repeat it here again.
Thank you again Uncle! A simple solution...

I did not think tho look in Forums Management but Forums Permissions. NOW i see it...
Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous
—Albert Einstein

User avatar
Zaid
Registered User
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: South Pacific Ocean

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by Zaid » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:37 am

hi, i m trying to install this approval_mod to my phpbb2.0.22, i tried easy mod and it gives this error message...Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

if ( $mode != 'editpost' )

MOD script line #777 :: FAQ :: Report


can any one please help me out, or i m looking for some one who can give me 2hrs n install few other mods for me, im working to make a forum for tomorrows gaming inc....what am i gonna tell my boss!! any one?
uncle.f wrote:
Aspid wrote: Separate Announcements & Sticky
Global announcement
Democracy MOD
Group ModeratorZ
These four look suspicious. Please provide the links to MOD download and description pages.

User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:43 pm

AcidRain wrote:hi, i m trying to install this approval_mod to my phpbb2.0.22, i tried easy mod and it gives this error message...Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

if ( $mode != 'editpost' )

MOD script line #777 :: FAQ :: Report
Which MODs have you installed before the Approval MOD? Please give the exact links to those MODs and their versions.

User avatar
Zaid
Registered User
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: South Pacific Ocean

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by Zaid » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:48 pm

Well I have installed heeps and heeps of mods, but cant give a whole list, but as far as i know.... all of them work fine and are compatiable....
As uncle f is quite busy Is there any one who may install few mods for me? maybe few hours, I will be very great full to you..

I know the answer will be no... but worth a try i guess : )


uncle.f wrote:
AcidRain wrote:hi, i m trying to install this approval_mod to my phpbb2.0.22, i tried easy mod and it gives this error message...Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

if ( $mode != 'editpost' )

MOD script line #777 :: FAQ :: Report
Which MODs have you installed before the Approval MOD? Please give the exact links to those MODs and their versions.

User avatar
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Posts: 3879
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: Montreal
Name: Wendy
Contact:

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by dellsystem » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:50 am

AcidRain: don't recruit via posts, please ;)

The MOD you installed might have taken away the end bracket and added something there, do a search for the following instead:

Code: Select all

if ( $mode != 'editpost'
As long as it looks something like this you should be okay.
case 'poll_delete':
if ($error_msg != '')
{
message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $error_msg);
}

delete_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id);
break;
}

if ( $error_msg == '' )
{
if ( $mode != 'editpost' )
{
$user_id = ( $mode == 'reply' || $mode == 'newtopic' ) ? $userdata['user_id'] : $post_data['poster_id'];
update_post_stats($mode, $post_data, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $user_id);
}
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)

User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

Re: [MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:06 pm

Good news! The MOD has been validated by the phpBB admins and is now in the official phpBB database.
The last RC version published here in July 2007 is the one that was validated.
Here is the official one and only support topic for the Approval MOD.

User avatar
Zaid
Registered User
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: South Pacific Ocean

Re: [MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by Zaid » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:30 am

i had my approval mod installed by some one over at phpbbinstallers but it dosent look same as the one you are using on your demo forum/board uncle f, so whats the one u using and whats latest vertion?

how can i upgrade from the one im using to the new one?

thanx
uncle.f wrote:Good news! The MOD has been validated by the phpBB admins and is now in the official phpBB database.
The last RC version published here in July 2007 is the one that was validated.
Here is the official one and only support topic for the Approval MOD.

User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

Re: [MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:14 pm

AcidRain wrote:whats the one u using and whats latest vertion?
The demo board is running version 2.0.0 which is also the latest version and is available for download in the phpBB MODs official database.
AcidRain wrote:how can i upgrade from the one im using to the new one?
Most likely you are running version 1.0.0 which was the first published version more than a year ago. Version 2.0.0 is a complete rewrite of version 1.0.0 and is not compatible/upgradable. If you want to use the new version you have to uninstall version 1.0.0 first. In my opinion it is easier to rebuild the board from scratch, especially using EasyMOD.

User avatar
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member
Posts: 34457
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Where the Rivers Run
Contact:

Re: [MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:38 pm

uncle.f wrote: The demo board is running version 2.0.0 which is also the latest version and is available for download in the phpBB MODs official database.
Please continue asking for support for this MOD in that topic. Closing this one.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”