[MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
uncle.f

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f »

abhishek1711 wrote:okie so which are the files i need to upload to ftp then (before installing fixes)...since i uploaded the entire approval mod file which u uploaded in the first post....
You need all the files from the approval_mod archive to be in your "/admin/mods/" directory if you want to use EasyMOD. You will need the "contrib" folder later, after you have installed the main Approval MOD.
or else hough tedious , should i try to install it manually and then install the fixes
This is entirely up to you. You are looking at 2-3 hours of manual files editing (and a very high chance to make an error) but sometimes this is the only way to install the Approval MOD if you have many other MODs installed.
abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 »

thanks so much for your instructions. i know bugged u a lot with my stupid questions. ill try to install it once again and report any issue which arises
abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 »

hmm i tried once again, same error :( i guess i either have to get it done by a professional or forget luxuory of approval mod for time being :oops:
FIND FAILED: In file [includes/topic_review.php] could not find:

$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, p.*
FROM
WHERE
AND
AND

MOD script line #2272 :: FAQ :: Report
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

abhishek1711 wrote:hmm i tried once again, same error :( i guess i either have to get it done by a professional or forget luxuory of approval mod for time being :oops:
What other MODs except the Approval MOD do you have installed on you board? What is you phpBB version?
abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 »

well i have got quiete a few mods on the board...sub forums, phpbb-seo,advanced bbcode,thank post by user,adsense within posts,latest topic on index(at bottom), attachment mod, contact form,extreme styles,realname,instant post re-direct,guest session mod, unique registration hash,email topic mod,advanced meta tags....these are the ones i think i got.

i just coudnt resisit having the features ! though now i regret over doing it...better had a plain forum with important mods like approval mod for instance
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

Hi Uncle.f!

Thank you for great MOD. I've installed it and it is working fine except one thing - I don't see the buttons for approval/disapproval in topic mode, but in search mode it is there. Please find below the questionnaire. Let me know, what additional information do you need.

Which Approval MOD version did you try to install? 2.0 final
Which phpBB version are you trying to install it on? 2.0.21
Which EasyMOD version are you using? 0.3.0
Did you get any EasyMOD WARNINGS during Approval MOD installation? No
Do you run tempates other that the default subSilver? No
Do you have languages other than default English? Hebrew
What other MODs were installed before you installed the Approval MOD? EasyMOD, Forum Logo Selector MOD, Delete User MOD, Separate Announcements & Sticky, Global announcement, Advanced time management, Moderator CP, Live Email Validate, Admin Userlist, Admin Email notification on New Registration, Send Email Notification to Multiple users on New Registration, Send mail to user on admin (de-)activate, Send mail to user on admin (de-)activate in admin userlist, Send mail to user on admin (de-)activate for ModCP, Better captcha, File Attachment Mod v2, Advanced Visual Confirmation, email posts or messages to combinations of groups, Custom mass PM, Custom mass email, Align BBcode MOD, bbcode_box for phpBB2, Multiple BBCode MOD, Accurate BBCode Insertion Mod, BBCode Buttons Organizer, Democracy MOD, Group ModeratorZ
What other MODs were installed after the Approval MOD? None

Thank you very much in advance!
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

Aspid wrote: Separate Announcements & Sticky
Global announcement
Democracy MOD
Group ModeratorZ
These four look suspicious. Please provide the links to MOD download and description pages.
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

abhishek1711 wrote:well i have got quiete a few mods on the board...sub forums, phpbb-seo,advanced bbcode,thank post by user,adsense within posts,latest topic on index(at bottom), attachment mod, contact form,extreme styles,realname,instant post re-direct,guest session mod, unique registration hash,email topic mod,advanced meta tags....these are the ones i think i got.
Most likely a conflict with subforums mod. Please provide the link to MOD download/description page.
abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 »

uncle.f wrote:
abhishek1711 wrote:well i have got quiete a few mods on the board...sub forums, phpbb-seo,advanced bbcode,thank post by user,adsense within posts,latest topic on index(at bottom), attachment mod, contact form,extreme styles,realname,instant post re-direct,guest session mod, unique registration hash,email topic mod,advanced meta tags....these are the ones i think i got.
Most likely a conflict with subforums mod. Please provide the link to MOD download/description page.
thnks its the simple sbforums mod http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 974&hilit=
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

uncle.f wrote:
These four look suspicious. Please provide the links to MOD download and description pages.
Please look at the links above

Thanks!
crackerboy

Post by crackerboy »

When you install this is approval "ON" by default or "OFF"?
I have a modified Hierachy Mod but its only one forum i need to have aprove of posts so i can move that forum outside the subforum if its needed
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

crackerboy wrote:When you install this is approval "ON" by default or "OFF"?
I have a modified Hierachy Mod but its only one forum i need to have aprove of posts so i can move that forum outside the subforum if its needed
(as it states in the documentation) everery Approval MOD option is OFF by default. ;)

What you are trying to achieve may or may not work depending on how the Hierarchy MOD SQL queries are organized. Install the Approval MOD last (after all your MODs) using EasyMOD and see if you get any failed FINDs..
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

uncle.f wrote:
Aspid wrote: Separate Announcements & Sticky
Global announcement
Democracy MOD
Group ModeratorZ
Uncle.f, have you found something or you need some additional information?
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

Aspid wrote:Uncle.f, have you found something or you need some additional information?
I am sorry I haven't had a chance to look at it in detail yet. Hopefully, this weekend..
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

uncle.f wrote: I am sorry I haven't had a chance to look at it in detail yet. Hopefully, this weekend..
No problem at all ;) I was just wondering :roll:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”