[MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
TeganRose

Sorry!

Post by TeganRose » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 pm

Hey,

I apologize as I saw the questionnaire awhile back, and just forgot about it...

Which Approval MOD version did you try to install?
MOD Version: 2.0.0-RC3

Which phpBB version are you trying to install it on?
phpBB-2.0.22

Which EasyMOD version are you using?
Installed Manually

Did you get any EasyMOD WARNINGS during Approval MOD installation?
N/A

Do you run tempates other that the default subSilver?
No

Do you have languages other than default English?
No

What other MODs were installed before you installed the Approval MOD?
Admin User List
Delete User
Disable Post Editing After X Hours
Hide Zero Posts
Redirect User
Spam Words

What other MODs were installed after the Approval MOD?
None

Thanks,

TR

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:56 pm

Thanks for the answers. Please e-mail me your search.php file and I will try to take a look at it.

Does e-mailing generally work on your forum? Which OS is your phpbb running under? Which SQL backend and which PHP version you have?

TeganRose

Post by TeganRose » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:39 am

uncle.f wrote: Thanks for the answers. Please e-mail me your search.php file and I will try to take a look at it.

Does e-mailing generally work on your forum? Which OS is your phpbb running under? Which SQL backend and which PHP version you have?

I feel a little less than, as I cannot find an eMail address for you, and I'm sure I've seen somewhere, where you have had others eMail you...

Yes, I even had a hacked sort of way of sending notices on all new posts (worked fine), which I removed before installing the approval mod.

Linux Red Hat
MySQL 4.1.21-standard
PHP 4.4.2 (Zend: 1.3.0)

TR

TeganRose

Slow Moment(s)

Post by TeganRose » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:51 am

Okay then, after looking through this forum again, it finally dawned on me!

The install instructions... and there was you eMail address! Boy do I feel dumb... I sent it, thanks for taking a look!

TR

uncle.f

Re: Slow Moment(s)

Post by uncle.f » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:11 pm

TeganRose wrote: Okay then, after looking through this forum again, it finally dawned on me!

The install instructions... and there was you eMail address! Boy do I feel dumb... I sent it, thanks for taking a look!

TR

I am sorry, this week has been crazy for me. I will try to have a look this weekend...

TeganRose

Re: Slow Moment(s)

Post by TeganRose » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:54 pm

uncle.f wrote: I am sorry, this week has been crazy for me. I will try to have a look this weekend...

Thank you.

TR

TeganRose

Re: [RC3] Approval MOD v2.x

Post by TeganRose » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:52 pm

uncle.f,

I started from scratch, doing the phpBB add ons first, and then integrating with my oscommerce application. All seems to be working now, with the exception of the "wrong user posts counter behaviour" update for the modcp.php file posted here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 2#p2798052.

After implementing this modification, when going to the "Moderator Control Panel" I get an error, which I don't get after removing the update.

I don't have a regular install of phpBB & Approval Mod, so I cannot determine if it is specific to my install. Would appreciate knowing if it is or not?

If it's specific to me, I will re-implement the update (I didn't think to make a note of the error, before I removed the update) to see exactly what error I get, and see what I can figure out about it.

Thanks.

TR

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:10 pm

TeganRose wrote: I started from scratch, doing the phpBB add ons first, and then integrating with my oscommerce application. All seems to be working now

Thanks for trying it yourself. I am overloaded with work at the moment so couldn't look at it so far. Glad to hear it works now.
with the exception of the "wrong user posts counter behaviour" update for the modcp.php file posted here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 2#p2798052.

It is quite surprising -- especially that small update should only be addressing parts of the code added by the Approval MOD itself. The chances of that update being incompatible with the rest of the phpbb installation are minimal. I suggest you take a break and install that 'post RC3 update' with a fresh mind ;-)

TeganRose

Post by TeganRose » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:50 pm

It is quite surprising -- especially that small update should only be addressing parts of the code added by the Approval MOD itself. The chances of that update being incompatible with the rest of the phpbb installation are minimal. I suggest you take a break and install that 'post RC3 update' with a fresh mind ;-)

Right again you are! Don't know how I managed to mess up this simple update the first time, but this last time (just now) it seems to work fine!

Thanks for this wonderful contribution!

Regards,

TR

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Glad to hear it worked out fine for you!

For everybody else waiting for this MOD to be validated by the phpBB team, at the moment it is not possible to submit any MOD for validation due to the changes on the phpBB website. More info here.

I'll submit the MOD this week If it is made possible. Otherwise, it will be done in the middle of April as I will be away on holiday until then (starting next Monday).

Veronicah

Post by Veronicah » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:42 am

Uncle.F,

Can you please release the final version now as you did like RC3 for those of us who are waiting? It doesn't have to be officially validated. No software is ever perfect anyhow. We can have more people implementing it and testing it for you sooner this way.

Otherwise, we all have to wait an extra month until after you come back from vacation. It would really help us with the spam problem as there are many spams to deal with everyday. :(

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:52 pm

Veronicah wrote: Can you please release the final version now as you did like RC3 for those of us who are waiting? It doesn't have to be officially validated.

Well, there is nothing new added or fixed since post RC3 update -- the MOD has worked fine for me and I have not heard about any problems from others. Basically, the final release will be repackaged RC3 + an already published fix as well as the promised compatibility updates for other MODs + FAQ + updated documentation.

Basically, nothing new in the main code itself. I will try to make a complete package this weekend but no promises.. ;-)

Veronicah

Post by Veronicah » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:58 pm

Thanks Uncle.f!

Actually, I need the compatibility update for the other mods. That's the main feature I was waiting for in your new release. So if you can include that, it would be great. :D

The FAQ and documentation are not so important to me. I don't mind waiting longer for the FAQ+doc if you need more time to write it, you can always do that later. The essential thing is the main RC3 + published fix + mod compatibility update as Approval Mod 2.0 Final code this weekend would be great. Thanks again!

nystagmu

Post by nystagmu » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:11 pm

Will installing this mod have implications on upgrading to phpBB3 do you think? If so, what is it likely to mean? Sorry for the vagueness, we are just fed up with spam and the long wait for phpBB3. This seems a great way around it in the mean time! Looks a great MOD.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:26 pm

nystagmu wrote: Will installing this mod have implications on upgrading to phpBB3 do you think? If so, what is it likely to mean?

I have never tested an upgrade from phpBB2 to phpBB3 with or without Approval MOD installed so this is purely a speculation, however, it would be quite logical to assume that phpBB3 does not require any files from phpBB2 installaton (with the exception of the config.php file, which is not touched by any MOD anyway).

What phpBB3 will use, naturally, is SQL data in the phpBB database. Since phpBB3 is totally unaware of the SQL fields added by the Approval MOD, I expect the upgrade procedure to discard the Approval related information and simply take over the posts as if no Approval MOD was installed.

What is essentially means is that if my thinking is correct all your unapproved posts will become approved after the upgrade and users permissions such as 'Allowed to approve' / 'Always requires approval' / 'Never requires approval' will simply disappear together with the Approval MOD itself. The moderator status should not change.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”