[MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
uncle.f

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by uncle.f » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:21 pm

crackerboy wrote:How much money for do this mod for olympus then?
That's an interesting one.. I guess too much money to really happen. :-)

What you have to know is that the current version of the Approval MOD was needed for my company's Intranet, so I made it more or less at work (with a bit of my personal spare time as well). Not so with Olympus. We have no plans on using Olympus at work, so I don't think a similar development will happen.

If I had to write it now I would probably need at least 2-3 days of not doing anything else but programming, debugging, eating and sleeping. So if somebody wanted to pay for those 3 days... I guess it would be too expensive for such a tiny project.

I am sure there are people out there (students, people with no full-time job, etc.) who can do it much cheaper than I would. Just find a decent PHP programmer :-)

Maybe one day when I am really bored and feel like doing something nice for the sake of humanity I will do it for free. ;)
Last edited by uncle.f on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crackerboy

Post by crackerboy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:43 am

I have a good PHP programmer on my board so i have asked him to port this to olympus,and i know he is good as he has helped me a lot.I have a fully modded board and eventually we will go for olympus if we get this OK with approval mod and the report system is better in olympus,we will convert.I like Fully Modded but there is some mods that i dont need and its hard to get support if you are the only person that have the errors.So thats also why i want to go for olympus as i gess you can get support and there are more people that use olympus.

Mork vom Ork

Post by Mork vom Ork » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:25 pm

Hallo,

i would love to see this MOD to be compatible with Categories Hirarchy 2.14d MOD.
Any chance to make this possible? That would be great and the one who did this would save not only my day...

So if there ist any chance to make this one work with CH2.41d, i would pay a Kingdom for it ;-)

Regards...
Mork vom Ork

halofight977

Post by halofight977 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:20 am

This would be absolutely perfect for my board, I'll make a test board, and I'll let you know how it goes.
I will also try it with easymod, and XSmod.

(This is a very great mod, I have been looking for it, and the only luck I got was a mod in development, but hey it's worth it. :lol: )
A cool gaming website with a great community. :: I offer a forum for testing mods out. Just PM, Register for my site, or E-Mail me.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Mork vom Ork wrote:i would love to see this MOD to be compatible with Categories Hirarchy 2.14d MOD.
Any chance to make this possible? That would be great and the one who did this would save not only my day.
Please provide the link to the above mentioned MOD download page.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:10 pm

halofight977 wrote:(This is a very great mod, I have been looking for it, and the only luck I got was a mod in development, but hey it's worth it. :lol: )
This MOD is not in development as such -- I just haven't had time to submit it to the MODs database properly. I am not developing any new features any more and so far no bugs have been reported. So there you go.

Mork vom Ork

Post by Mork vom Ork » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:39 pm

uncle.f wrote:Please provide the link to the above mentioned MOD download page.
Hi uncle.f, here ist the link to the origianl homepage of this mod: http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/
The MOD also exists here in Database mod 2.0: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&t=515482

This one is a heavy modification of an original phpbb2 board. So you have been warned: modification to make it work with this MOD is verry heavy. 8-)

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:40 pm

Mork vom Ork wrote:Hi uncle.f, here ist the link to the origianl homepage of this mod: http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/ The MOD also exists here in Database mod 2.0

This one is a heavy modification of an original phpbb2 board. So you have been warned: modification to make it work with this MOD is verry heavy. 8-)
I have looked at the CH MOD and yes, you are right, it does heavily modify phpBB (much heavier than the Approval MOD). So heavily that the author of the MOD himself says the following:
CH is a very nice mod, but it is that large, that one better should call it a own board software not a mod for phpBB
I totally agree with that considering that the CH MOD heavily (totally?) changes the permissions/rights assignment routines. Approval MOD also modifies the permissions concept and integrating both MODs on the same board would mean that the permissions concept should be completely re-designed and rewritten from scratch. That is against the philosophy of this MOD and making it work with what essentially is "another distribution of phpBB" would basically mean writing a brand new MOD.

With all due respect to ptirhiik who produced many excellent MODs I think that this MOD is a bit too much for my liking. I do admit I did not look too deep, but if the main purpose of a MOD is giving a possibility of forums hierarchy why touch the permissions and user management (and Announcements behaviour too)?

My final word is that the CH MOD is trying to achieve too many things at the same time and the price you pay is that it is not compatible with the Approval MOD in its concept, not in its code. It's one or the other.

P.S. If you just need 1 level sub-forums, you can achieve this with simple subforums MOD which is compatible with the Approval MOD.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Good news! The final version of the Approval MOD 2.0 has been submitted for validation by phpBB team!
Hopefully it won't take very long before it appears in the official phpBB database.
;)

phpBB : Critical Error

Post by phpBB : Critical Error » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:25 am

I am not sure if this could be easily done but I just installed this Mod and I have ez-portal installed and it works fine but if I am not logged in and someone makes a post that hasn't been approved yet, the portal recent topics block shows the actual topic title but I want it to say [awaiting approval from the moderator] like you see on the regular forum. Anybody know how to fix this on the portal?

I am no expert but I am fairly sure that something in this would have to be changed to get it to work right:

Code: Select all

//
// Recent Topics
//
$sql = "SELECT * FROM ". FORUMS_TABLE . " ORDER BY forum_id";
if (!$result = $db->sql_query($sql))
{
	message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not query forums information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}
$forum_data = array();
while( $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
{
	$forum_data[] = $row;
}

$is_auth_ary = array();
$is_auth_ary = auth(AUTH_ALL, AUTH_LIST_ALL, $userdata, $forum_data);

if( $CFG['exceptional_forums'] == '' )
{
	$except_forum_id = '\'start\'';
}
else
{
	$except_forum_id = $CFG['exceptional_forums'];
}

for ($i = 0; $i < count($forum_data); $i++)
{
	if ((!$is_auth_ary[$forum_data[$i]['forum_id']]['auth_read']) or (!$is_auth_ary[$forum_data[$i]['forum_id']]['auth_view']))
	{
		if ($except_forum_id == '\'start\'')
		{
			$except_forum_id = $forum_data[$i]['forum_id'];
		}
		else
		{
			$except_forum_id .= ',' . $forum_data[$i]['forum_id'];
		}
	}
}
$sql = "SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_last_post_id, t.forum_id, p.post_id, p.poster_id, p.post_time, u.user_id, u.username
		FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " AS t, " . POSTS_TABLE . " AS p, " . USERS_TABLE . " AS u
		WHERE t.forum_id NOT IN (" . $except_forum_id . ")
			AND t.topic_status <> 2
			AND p.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id
			AND p.poster_id = u.user_id
		ORDER BY p.post_id DESC
		LIMIT " . $CFG['number_recent_topics'];
if (!$result = $db->sql_query($sql))
{
	message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not query recent topics information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}
$number_recent_topics = $db->sql_numrows($result);
$recent_topic_row = array();
while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
{
	$recent_topic_row[] = $row;
}
for ($i = 0; $i < $number_recent_topics; $i++)
{
	$template->assign_block_vars('recent_topic_row', array(
		'U_TITLE' => append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_POST_URL . '=' . $recent_topic_row[$i]['post_id']) . '#' .$recent_topic_row[$i]['post_id'],
		'L_TITLE' => $recent_topic_row[$i]['topic_title'],
		'U_POSTER' => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $recent_topic_row[$i]['user_id']),
		'S_POSTER' => $recent_topic_row[$i]['username'],
		'S_POSTTIME' => create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], $recent_topic_row[$i]['post_time'], $board_config['board_timezone'])
		)
	);
}
//
// END - Recent Topics
//

tarotamerica

Post by tarotamerica » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:16 pm

Can someone please explain how to do this:

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET forum_last_post_approved = forum_last_post_id;
UPDATE phpbb_topics SET topic_last_post_approved = topic_last_post_id;
Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous
—Albert Einstein

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:20 am

tarotamerica wrote:Can someone please explain how to do this:
Those are SQL statements that must be processed by your SQL server directly. You have to find out how to access your SQL server using some client software (phpMyAdmin is often used with MySQL server) and then you need to execute those statements on the database where your board's data is stored.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:26 am

phpBB : Critical Error wrote:I am not sure if this could be easily done but I just installed this Mod and I have ez-portal installed and it works fine but if I am not logged in and someone makes a post that hasn't been approved yet, the portal recent topics block shows the actual topic title but I want it to say [awaiting approval from the moderator] like you see on the regular forum. Anybody know how to fix this on the portal?
I am no expert but I am fairly sure that something in this would have to be changed to get it to work right:
The easiest way to do it is to use additional condition for 'topic_approve' and/or 'post_approve' fields in your SQL statements that get the topic/post data. topic_approve = 1 for unapproved topic, similarly post_approve = 1 for unapproved post.

For the posted piece of code the statement would be something like this:

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_last_post_id, t.forum_id, p.post_id, p.poster_id, p.post_time, u.user_id, u.username
      FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " AS t, " . POSTS_TABLE . " AS p, " . USERS_TABLE . " AS u
      WHERE t.forum_id NOT IN (" . $except_forum_id . ")
         AND t.topic_status <> 2
         AND p.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id
         AND p.poster_id = u.user_id
         AND t.topic_approve = 0
      ORDER BY p.post_id DESC
      LIMIT " . $CFG['number_recent_topics'];

tarotamerica

Post by tarotamerica » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:30 am

uncle.f wrote:
Those are SQL statements that must be processed by your SQL server directly. You have to find out how to access your SQL server using some client software (phpMyAdmin is often used with MySQL server) and then you need to execute those statements on the database where your board's data is stored.
I know this, but I don't understand what it is asking me to do. I have phpmyadmin. Is this an INDEX thing or do I INSERT? Is this a RENAME?

I do not know how to "Execute these statements":

The rest I got.
Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous
—Albert Einstein

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:05 am

tarotamerica wrote:I don't understand what it is asking me to do. I have phpmyadmin. Is this an INDEX thing or do I INSERT? Is this a RENAME?
I do not know how to "Execute these statements"
As it is indicated by the "UPDATE" string in each statement those are the UPDATE statements, which, guess what.. update the rows in your database! :)

You execute any statements by submitting them to SQL database engine via phpMyAdmin just as you would execute any other SQL statement. In phpMyAdmin open the database where your board data is, then open the SQL entry window (generally a button marekd "SQL" in the top menu, next to the "Structure" and "Query" buttons and paste those two UPDATE statements into the text window. After that press "Go" and you're done.

You can execute any type of SQL statement this way. How did you do the rest of them required for this MOD?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”