[BETA] WYSIWYG Editor

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
charly71

What about..

Post by charly71 » Fri May 30, 2003 11:37 am

SadSalman

Post by SadSalman » Fri May 30, 2003 2:36 pm

hmmmmm i dont know if its helpfull to u but someone has done something like this on phpnuke, it works too, they have said to exclude the forums from htmlarea but people are using it with the forums by just adding all the html code "htmlarea" uses in configuration panel.

it was implented in phpnuke by http://it-norge.no and the htmlarea was from www.interactivetools.com

i guess they can be a little help to u :)

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Fri May 30, 2003 6:30 pm

Yes Ihave this thing running on phpbb2 now. I'm using the 3.0 version however which runns in ie and mozzila. It also happens to work for me on linux.

My only problem with this is that it only puts out html. Since forums are built around using bbcode for security reasons. It makes it more difficult than it would first apear to use this thing. I will need to edit a few more files to get rid of the code striping hte html entities and whatnot. This of course we know kills security.

The other solution would be to edit the javascript to output bbcode which would be the ideal solution. If anybody would like my current working files and would like to help with the javascript part let me know. It only affects one template in phpbb2 all the rest is simply the files that go with the editor by itself.

If I can get all the mods I want installed I will put up a demo someplace later next week.

I could really use help on the js part since it is not my strong point but to be able to parse straight bbcode would be an ideal solution.

charly71

HtmlArea

Post by charly71 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:23 am

This could be a choice of phpBB installer/administrator:

IF html code is on THEN use wysiwyg editor :wink:

Is very hard to modify the JScript. There is lot of regular expressions code rows... If someone will try this... it would be great!

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:39 pm

yea regex is not my thing.

jsearles

Post by jsearles » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:50 am

WebMedic, I am eager to see your finished stuff. I wish I could help with the JS, but I could only make things worse. I would appreciate if U could answer a few questions.

How stable is the current code in Mozilla/Netscape? I noticed version 3 was Alpha.

Does the editor accept the HTML code back for editing in WYSIWYG again?
(Dumb question, but had to ask.)

Can U or anyone else please elaborate on the HTML security issue in the following context.

All of my users are computer illiterate and virtually incapable of spelling HTML. I would still want to hide all references to HTML mode that the editor might offer.

Are there any significant risks from outside my user group with HTML output?

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:11 am

How to put this nicely. It is very stable but as mentioned before. The whole problem here is that html has to be shut off for security reasons. You can turn it on I guess but the more you turn on hte more you are asking to get comprimised. Now having said that all the html features seem to work just fine but remember when it gets kicked back to phpbb for the post the html shows up and looks nasty. Also at the same time phpbb changes the html code and adds in the &amp type codes which when passed back to the editor makes for a whole nother mess.

Does that explain a little better. I hope so anyway. The only time this thing is any good is if you have it set up to simply allow no posting accept for a few trusted people. This is not the case on a forum.

cdkrg

Post by cdkrg » Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:17 am

May I have a look at the javascript?

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:26 am

I dont havethe link handy right now but google for htmlarea

cdkrg

Post by cdkrg » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:21 am

Oh, I know html area. I was under the impression that someone had written something for phpbb and needed help.

In any case this is a project I am not going to even look at until phpbb 2.2

DarkPepe

Re: [BETA] WYSIWYG Editor

Post by DarkPepe » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:23 am

Jay wrote: http://www.dvdfuture.com/wysiwyg/index2.php

I've got it all working. However, since I'm not a JavaScript expert I had to revert to doing things this way. I tried several different ways of doing it (i.e. font colors, inserting images etc) but I couldn't get them to work. If you all know any JavaScript people here on the forums let me know and maybe they could help me out?

So I need input. What would you all like to see not see etc? Also, if you are a JS expert and want to help me out a little and make this a really bad arse mod let me know!

I have this great BBCODE MOD... it is preaty similar to your MOD... try it:
http://www.uandes.cl/foros/images/tutor ... odebox.zip

jackofall

Post by jackofall » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:45 pm

DarkPepe wrote: I have this great BBCODE MOD... it is preaty similar to your MOD... try it:
http://www.uandes.cl/foros/images/tutor ... odebox.zip

Is this being updated for 2.04 i cant find all the code mentioned but it looks good :)

also is that forum (not topic) icon mod you have on your board available ?

thanks

testebr

Post by testebr » Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:52 am

no reliase?

jackofall

Post by jackofall » Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:40 am

jackofall wrote: Is this being updated for 2.04 i cant find all the code mentioned but it looks good :)

:oops: does work with 2.04 my mistake

must stop modding when tired ;)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”