[BETA]Search Bot Indexing MOD v1.3.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
marcusbacus

Re: [BETA]Search Bot Indexing MOD v1.3.1

Post by marcusbacus »

I didnt want to follow the approach of deleting the table and recreating the bots list (yet), instead I tried something different that I hope to work - fill the fields with the user-agent with the updated versions of them instead.

In my board it's common to see some IPs (most if not all) from Portugal as being Yahoo Slurp (same wrong pattern in the user-agents), now it started to show a lot of real users with brazilian IPs as Googlebot. I'm ignoring them all, as they are obviously wrong. None of them have anything similar to Googlebot or Yahoo's user-agents, so I replaced the field with the user-agent of Googlebot (as a test) with what is listed everywhere else (stufff like this: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html) - 3 different user-agents), it was displaying something very very different from that that was matching almost all users. If it works I'll try to manually (!) update the other fields as well.

What is interesting is that it seems that these 2 bots' fields with their user-agent names were replaced with wrong infos, not sure how or why. The ||||||||| happens at Yahoo at the end of the user-agent, for example. I think that this replacement (who knows how it happened) is the only cause for them to be finding wrong matches.
ItchyM

Post by ItchyM »

Nice mod shame i cant get it working :o

Lo All ive manage to install it in the ACP theres the manage bots page thats ok googles been about but it dosent seem to be appearing on the index page it seems bots are being displayed as guests :cry: any ideas?

i already had a few mods installed and had problems trying to find $guests_online++; in page_header.php part i couldnt it wasnt there :shock: so basically i copied the missing code lines from another unmodded forum and all appears to work apart from the bots showing as guests .... so i reckon its something ive done in the page_header.php

Cheers
marcusbacus

Post by marcusbacus »

A question: when you look at the online table in the admin panel, it says for example that Yahoo is using say 10 bots at once (sometimes more, sometimes less), each with a different IP (Google usually has less different IPs) - which probably counts as an individual visitor each, for stats purposes. When you start showing them after installing the mod as "Yahoo Slurp!" in the who's online section as a "registered" user, are the different IPs "grouped" so to speak and considered as a single visitor as if it was using a single IP?
maxhel

Post by maxhel »

someone can help me

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”