[BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.5 04/06/2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
rgATL

Post by rgATL »

Hello, sorry for the very basic question, but can you tell me the steps involved in installing this? Do I need to install WordPress first, or just FTP up the files?

Can you break it down into steps?

Thanks,
rg.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Hello,

You'd need to install wordpress, and make sure it is working. Instructions for how to do this are on the wordpress.org site.

Then I recommend you install EasyMod (instructions are avaiable there for how to do this), and then upload my mod and install it with EasyMod.

Once you've done that, you can then run the new WP-United Setup Wizard in your phpBB admin panel.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com
rgATL

Post by rgATL »

Great, thanks so much. When I install WordPress, can it be anywhere (eg, /html/wp), or does it need to be within my phpBB directory (eg, /html/forum/wp)?

Thanks,
rg.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Your question regarding installation location is answered in the first post in this topic. :-P
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
rgATL

Post by rgATL »

Thanks.
The WP-United Connection is very flexible – WordPress can be installed anywhere on the same host relative to phpBB. You can install WordPress inside or outside your phpBB folder – or you can even install phpBB inside your WordPress folder!
rg.
Yautja_cetanu

Post by Yautja_cetanu »

Well I've tried installing (I'm uncertain if I have things like permissions correctly set.) Then I've done the setup wizard and got to the last step with this error message:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_page() (previously declared in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test\wpforum\includes\functions.php:923) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test\wpforum\blog\wp-includes\post.php on line 963
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

What version of phpBB are you using? I don't have any get_page function in functions.php
Yautja_cetanu

Post by Yautja_cetanu »

The latest version (is that 21?) We've modded a bit. I'll check out with my developers and post back then.
andrewbelcher

Post by andrewbelcher »

Yeh - it was a mod we have installed... I've renamed that function (is part of a very small mod) and now you should be good to go.
Yautja_cetanu

Post by Yautja_cetanu »

Just out of interest it was the "Thank-You" mod that caused the conflict. And here was andrew belcher's fix if anyone runs into the same problem:
OPEN:
includes/functions.php

FIND (~911):
function get_page($num_items, $per_page, $start_item)

REPLACE WITH:
function get_page_no($num_items, $per_page, $start_item)

OPEN:
viewtopic.php

FIND (~802):
$current_page = get_page($total_replies, $board_config['posts_per_page'], $start);

REPLACE WITH:
$current_page = get_page_no($total_replies, $board_config['posts_per_page'], $start);

EOM

We have a new problem!
Error! The WP-United Connection could not be installed. This is probably due to one of the following being set incorrectly: (a) invalid path to WordPress, (b) invalid script path set for phpBB in board config. Please correct these and try again.

I'm pretty sure I got these right:
WP install: C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/test/wpforum/blog/
And I check it and it says a success and then the script folder is: /test/wpforum/

one thing. I tried checking the URL using the "Test" and it says there are Errors on the page. After testing the URL I can't detect the WP install (The button does nothing, the page just breaks). But if I don't test the URL then the Detect seems to work.

Any ideas?
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

I'm willing to bet it is IIS setting funny values for server variables. I have tested on Windows, but only under Apache. German, a few pages back, was also having a similar problem.

I'm going to have to offer an option to type in the address manually for IIS users, or find a different way. Time permitting, I should be able to release this by the weekend.
supratwinturbo

Post by supratwinturbo »

Hi Jhong,

I installed your mod, buit am having several problems. First, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /public_html/icewinelovers/forum/admin/page_footer_admin.php on line 38

when running the setup wizard, but the wizard tells me that the install was successful...

The path to my wordpress install is correct. My wordpress install is in the main directory of my site, while phpBB is in /forum directory. When I go to my webapge http://www.icewinelovers.com I only see the wordpress blog and not the phpBB header and footer (I said yes to the option in the wizard). However, if I go to http://www.icewinelovers.com/forum/blog.php I see what I expect. Can you please take a look.

Thank you.
Last edited by supratwinturbo on Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

For the first error, the Wizard Step 5 isn't completing processing properly... It should either fail and clean up, or succeed and clean up. Does it actually say that the WP-United Connection was installed successfully in Step 5?

For the second problem.. it's not a problem... you have to access the integration through blog.php... the original wordpress address becomes redundant.

P.S> I notice your webserver isn't serving blog.php correctly - it is sending it as a download file... not sure why. However, the contents of the file look good.
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Hi, I am really new to understanding this mod. So I got some questions:

1. Will my members be able to individually have their personalized blog like how the Blog Mod does it with members getting to choose to customize the style and such?

2. If I am to go with this mod, how can I convert from the blog mod to this mod?
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

1. Yes - if you want

2. there isn't any conversion process unfortunately -- they are separate mods and aren't intended to be compatible.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”