[BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.5 04/06/2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
supratwinturbo

Post by supratwinturbo »

Hi Jhong,

Thank you for the help. I think I know understand. I will do a clean install of phpBB and wordpress. Can you tell me if this will work:

Put phpBB in my root directory and Wordpress in a sub-directory so that when someone comes to my site it will automatically load index.php (which is original blog.php).

I just have several questions since I want to make a layout similar your site (http://www.wp-united.com/).

1.) Is your wordpress page "inside" your phpBB?

2.) I read in a previous post that to get this layout you placed the <div> components from wordpress into overall_header.tpl and overall_footer.tpl, but how did you manage to do away with wordpress's header and footer...sorry for the easy question but I am a bit lost. Is it possible if you post the files you modded to get the layout on your site or at least the sections to change?

Thank you.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Hi --

1) Yes

2) That's right. I just copied them over from the wordpress header/footer. If you visit the non-integrated page, there is no header or fotter - it's a mess!
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com
link470

Post by link470 »

Hmm, we seem to be having an error when installing it on our test boards.

--------------
Error! The WP-United Connection could not be installed. This is probably due to one of the following being set incorrectly: (a) invalid path to WordPress, (b) invalid script path set for phpBB in board config. Please correct these and try again.
--------------

phpbb version 2.0.21

Additional Information:

Windows Server 2003 running IIS 6

domain name: 24.69.32.174
port: 8080
script path: /NC2Backup/
full address: http://24.69.32.174:8080/NC2backup/
wordpress install tester passed
path to wordpress: c:/iftpsvc/scottserver2/users/devin/wordpress/
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Hello! Are stats included for our phpbb such as "recent published blogs" on forum index or recent entries in a members profile?

If there is not, could this be possible?

Thanks.
supratwinturbo

Post by supratwinturbo »

Jhong wrote: Hi --

1) Yes

2) That's right. I just copied them over from the wordpress header/footer. If you visit the non-integrated page, there is no header or fotter - it's a mess!

Hi Jhong,

Where is your non-integrated page? If i copy the wordpress header/footer into the phpBB header and footer, I have now 2 headers and 2 footers....since wordpress is inside phpbb...I tried deleteing the wordpress header and footer, but when I do I lose the entire template style...Can you provide some detail in how you integrated your site?

Thank you.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

suprawin - you can see mine at wp-united.com/portal . You Just need to move over the DIVs and stylesheets.

Peter77x - Not yet, but I plan to have an automatic pretty list with users, avatars, last posts and blog names on the front page in the next major release.

link470
- yes, 2 other people hare having problems with IIS. The next fix I release will address this.
GeorgiePorgie

Post by GeorgiePorgie »

Jhong wrote: Peter77x - Not yet, but I plan to have an automatic pretty list with users, avatars, last posts and blog names on the front page in the next major release.

Excellent, I can't wait to see the new features in that next major release. That's not to say that the mod as-is doesn't rock, because it certainly does!
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Thanks Georgie! :D

OK, IIS Users -- can you try out this quick fix below, and see if you can now install the WP-United Connection without getting an error.

OPEN admin/admin_wordpress.php

FIND

Code: Select all

$thisPath = clean(__FILE__);

REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

$thisPath = add_trailing_slash(clean(realpath(dirname(__FILE__))));

There may be other issues with WP-United under IIS: I have several other fixes coming in the next release version, but I'm keen to release this fix to see if it solves your problems first.

Cheers,

John
Yautja_cetanu

Post by Yautja_cetanu »

Well I tried it but it didn't work unfortunately.

As far as I can see there is no change.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

OK.. thanks for testing...

I will be able to release a fix that resolves this, and the problems with blog.php/ with permalinks, and a few other improvements, tonight.

J
German_AC

Post by German_AC »

It still the same error message :(

Thanks Jhong for your support.
Jhong

v0.8.8.7 released!

Post by Jhong »

v0.8.8.7 released!

-- FIXED: WP-United Connection now installs properly under IIS
-- Better and more reliable handling of embedded RSS feeds in an integrated page
-- Better auto-setting of page basename
-- FIXED: Trailing slash after blog.php no longer causes a 404 error when permalinks are turned on
-- Improved detection of WordPress styles and scripts that need to be included in an integrated page
-- Superfluous full-stop removed from mod file (thanks Georgie!)

I recommend that anyone running WP-United upgrade - the process is simple, just copy over the new files.

There is also one minor change in the mod file to overall_header.tpl (change {WP_STYLES} to {WP_HEAD} ), but this change will not become necessary until v0.9.x - both are currently supported.

Hopefully this will be the last of the bugs cleared up in advance of the v0.8.9 release, which will have many new features!

The download file is in the first post of this thread!
KeithFN

Post by KeithFN »

link plz =)
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

KeithFN wrote: link plz =)
Jhong wrote: v0.8.8.7 released!

The download file is in the first post of this thread!
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
KeithFN

Post by KeithFN »

2drathbun: ups, thx :roll:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”