[BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.5 04/06/2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
stephen_a
Registered User
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.0 24/3/07)

Post by stephen_a » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:06 am

Wordpress 2.1.3

Just to let people know that Wordpress have released an upgrade (V 2.1.3) I applied it yesterday (following their upgrade instructions) and it all went well and WP-United still works.

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.0 24/3/07)

Post by Jhong » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:56 pm

Thanks Stephen...

Yes, it is a recommended update and shouldn't cause any problems :-)
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

WP-United v0.9.2 released!

Post by Jhong » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:04 am

A new version of WP-United is available :-)

As well as fixing all known bugs, this release focuses on improving compatibility with themes and plugins — particularly when phpBB is inside WordPress.

The full change list is as follows:

- rewrite of integration class to put WordPress in the global scope (this will improve plugin compatibility and speed. integration falls back to 'compatibility mode' when WordPress cannot be called in the global scope)
- syncing of main integration files with phpBB3 version
- NEW: cache system for phpbb inside the WordPress header/footer. Increases performance.
- NEW: You can set the integrated blogs as 'private' -- users that are not logged in will be redirected to the login page.
- NEW: Redirection on login -- if a user clicks on a login/out link in the blog, they are returned to the blog homepage, not the forum index.
- NEW: New template tags for phpBB username, phpBB rank title and images, forum stats, forum posts since your last visit, recent forum topics, 'most recently updated blogs' and 'most recent posts in blogs'.
- NEW: Widgets! :-) Widgets for most of the above, including a user info block with login form!
- NEW: A more robust mapping tool that can also create phpBB users.
- removed some of the lesser-used setup options by choosing sensible defaults, and moving them to an options.php file, to simplify the installation process.
- FIXED: duplicate </body> & </head> tags in reverse integration
- FIXED: improper output when php short tags are not available
- FIXED: errors on updating profile when phpBB is inside WordPress

To download, visit the first page of this thread, or to learn more about the mod, visit http://www.wp-united.com .
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

moontree
Registered User
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:10 pm

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by moontree » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:11 pm

I don't know if this is a WP-United problem or just a Wordpress problem, so I'm asking in both places.

Wordpress has the option to password-protect posts. This works fine in Firefox, but in IE when users enter the correct password they still can't view the post - they just get asked to enter the password again and again.

I assume this is some sort of cookies issue, but I don't know how to fix it. At the moment I'm just advising my users to install Firefox. ;)

Rammstein96
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:12 am

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by Rammstein96 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:19 am

hello I have a problem all it passed well except this this which do not go dutous.

Problem link ' To post the site'
the address of a blog is: http://monsite.net/blog.php/?author=2
but Ca does not go

the bond should be like this: is http://monsite.net/blog.php?author=2

What necessary it to make to modify that?

thank you afflicted for my English am french

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by Jhong » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 am

In addition to the answer I gave by PM... do check to seee if Permalinks are turned on in WordPress. You should turn them off if you want to use an address in the form blog.php?x=y.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

umiya
Registered User
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:03 pm

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by umiya » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:23 pm

SQL Error : 1146 Table '*******_phpbb.WP_INT_TABLE' doesn't exist

Line : /home/tacos4me/public_html/forum/wp-united/mod-settings.php
File : SELECT * FROM WP_INT_TABLE LIMIT 1

when i try to install via admin menu this is the error i get.


Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_wpu_integration` (
	`fullUri` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `fullPath` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL,
	`wpLogin` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL, `userMapping` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL,
	`modMapping` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `adminMapping` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL,
	`showInside` VARCHAR ( 255 ) NOT NULL, `dtdChange` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`ownBlogs` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `profileBtn` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`postBtn` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `styleSwitch` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`installStage` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `blogsEntry` VARCHAR ( 255 ) NOT NULL, 
	`blogHomePage` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `blogHomeTitle` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, 
	`blogIntro` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `numBlogsPerPage` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, 
	`wpublStyles` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `encoding` VARCHAR ( 32 ) NOT NULL, 
	`censorPosts`  TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `wpHdrSimple` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`cssFirst` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `wpPage` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL,
	`pPadding` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `ugRun` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`mustLogin` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `wpuVer` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL
);

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_wpublog_id VARCHAR(10) NULL DEFAULT NULL; 
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_wpuint_id VARCHAR(10) NULL DEFAULT NULL; 


this is the sql install.txt says to insert and that table isnt in the install. What to do?

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by Jhong » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:25 pm

umiya wrote: SQL Error : 1146 Table '*******_phpbb.WP_INT_TABLE' doesn't exist

Line : /home/tacos4me/public_html/forum/wp-united/mod-settings.php
File : SELECT * FROM WP_INT_TABLE LIMIT 1

when i try to install via admin menu this is the error i get.


Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_wpu_integration` (
	`fullUri` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `fullPath` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL,
	`wpLogin` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL, `userMapping` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL,
	`modMapping` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `adminMapping` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL,
	`showInside` VARCHAR ( 255 ) NOT NULL, `dtdChange` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`ownBlogs` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `profileBtn` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`postBtn` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `styleSwitch` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`installStage` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `blogsEntry` VARCHAR ( 255 ) NOT NULL, 
	`blogHomePage` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `blogHomeTitle` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, 
	`blogIntro` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `numBlogsPerPage` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, 
	`wpublStyles` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `encoding` VARCHAR ( 32 ) NOT NULL, 
	`censorPosts`  TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `wpHdrSimple` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`cssFirst` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `wpPage` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL,
	`pPadding` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL, `ugRun` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL,
	`mustLogin` TINYINT ( 1 ) NOT NULL, `wpuVer` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL
);

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_wpublog_id VARCHAR(10) NULL DEFAULT NULL; 
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_wpuint_id VARCHAR(10) NULL DEFAULT NULL; 


this is the sql install.txt says to insert and that table isnt in the install. What to do?


When you added the above SQL using, say, phpMyAdmin, did you change the phpbb_ prefix to match your table prefix?

Make sure you also applied the mod correctly to includes/constants.php

Let me know how it goes.

J
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

TechnoBuddhist
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:02 am

different style gives different forum links - FIXED!

Post by TechnoBuddhist » Tue May 01, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi,

I just installed a vanilla installation of WP, phpBB2 and WP-united. This vanilla copy works no problem, obviously based on default subSilver template. I've got WP inside phpBB and user blogs turned on(nice feature thx :) )

From the root directory, I have a directories 'phpBB' and 'wp' so they are totally self-contained. I've renamed blog.php to index.php and dropped it into 'wp' so my homepage is http://www.gardeningzone.org/wp/index.php

Using subSilver, the link at the top of the page 'Memberlist' links to http://www.gardeningzone.org/phpBB2/memberlist.php

When I change the phpBB style to subTrail(a green version of subSilver, nothing fancy), the 'Memberlist' links to http://www.gardeningzone.org/wp/memberlist.php

Am I an absolute noob(did I spell that right ;) ) and have missed something really obvious!?

Keep up the fantastic work, this is like a Holy Grail; blogs & forums :D

NOTE - I am going to reinstall and put everything in the root folder, so the site will be down whilst I do this. However if anybody knows I would still appreciate knowing what is going on?

EDIT - After installing everything in the same folder it works no problem. I installed WP first, renamed index.php to indexwp.php(as a backup), then installed phpBB(which creates it's own index.php) and everything flies.
I'm in the middle of modding everything now and will post again when I've finished to show what wp-united is capable of. I'll post the site on http://www.wp-united.com/ integrations as well.

FIXED!! - :D I FOUND OUT WHY IT CHANGES DIRECTORY!! DOH!! :oops:
Look at the wp-united tags in subSilver overall_header.tpl.

Code: Select all

    <!-- BEGIN switch_phpbb_base -->
     <base href="{switch_phpbb_base.PHPBB_BASE}" />
    <!-- END switch_phpbb_base -->
Last edited by TechnoBuddhist on Thu May 10, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

abdulbasit
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by abdulbasit » Tue May 01, 2007 3:30 pm

This POST deleted because the problem was solved
Last edited by abdulbasit on Thu May 03, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

abdulbasit
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by abdulbasit » Thu May 03, 2007 11:29 am

I saw while me and some other users posted in blog. On the main page of my blog

Image

The same avatar is coming of mine and other users from forum and used in blogs which is completely breaking the template and looks so bad.
Here is the image you can see their avatars. Any way to make resize automatically to 1 specific size in blogs but remains what it is in forum the same ???

Please help me.
Thanks a bunch :)

User avatar
abertoll
Registered User
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:13 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by abertoll » Thu May 10, 2007 1:34 am

Can you post some more technical details on how this mod works? Which authentication does it use? WordPress or phpBB? Right now I have a phpBB forum with a lot of users and didn't want people registering WordPress user names of users that already exist in phpBB.

In other words, I'd like for WordPress to use phpBB tables for it's authentication (username and password), but not for any other user details. This mod goes the other way around right?

kristara
Registered User
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:45 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by kristara » Sun May 20, 2007 12:14 am

I have wordpress in ../read
wp-united in ../forum/wp-united
and blog.php in ../forum.

When I click thru my header on the site it works well until u go to post something in wordpress, then when I return to VIEW in wordpress the header images are place holders until I click back onto ../forum.

Thank you in advance.

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: different style gives different forum links - FIXED!

Post by Jhong » Tue May 22, 2007 6:42 am

TechnoBuddhist wrote:Hi,

I just installed a vanilla installation of WP, phpBB2 and WP-united. This vanilla copy works no problem, obviously based on default subSilver template. I've got WP inside phpBB and user blogs turned on(nice feature thx :) )

From the root directory, I have a directories 'phpBB' and 'wp' so they are totally self-contained. I've renamed blog.php to index.php and dropped it into 'wp' so my homepage is http://www.gardeningzone.org/wp/index.php

Using subSilver, the link at the top of the page 'Memberlist' links to http://www.gardeningzone.org/phpBB2/memberlist.php

When I change the phpBB style to subTrail(a green version of subSilver, nothing fancy), the 'Memberlist' links to http://www.gardeningzone.org/wp/memberlist.php

Am I an absolute noob(did I spell that right ;) ) and have missed something really obvious!?

Keep up the fantastic work, this is like a Holy Grail; blogs & forums :D

NOTE - I am going to reinstall and put everything in the root folder, so the site will be down whilst I do this. However if anybody knows I would still appreciate knowing what is going on?

EDIT - After installing everything in the same folder it works no problem. I installed WP first, renamed index.php to indexwp.php(as a backup), then installed phpBB(which creates it's own index.php) and everything flies.
I'm in the middle of modding everything now and will post again when I've finished to show what wp-united is capable of. I'll post the site on http://www.wp-united.com/ integrations as well.

FIXED!! - :D I FOUND OUT WHY IT CHANGES DIRECTORY!! DOH!! :oops:
Look at the wp-united tags in subSilver overall_header.tpl.

Code: Select all

    <!-- BEGIN switch_phpbb_base -->
     <base href="{switch_phpbb_base.PHPBB_BASE}" />
    <!-- END switch_phpbb_base -->

Hi TechnoBuddhist... The problem is simple. You have to make a few small changes to each phpBB template you want to use. So, take a look at the parts of the mod file that affect the subSilver template, and apply them to the template you're using. the stuff in overall_header.tpl is particularly important :-)

J
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.2 12/4/07)

Post by Jhong » Tue May 22, 2007 6:48 am

abdulbasit wrote:I saw while me and some other users posted in blog. On the main page of my blog

The same avatar is coming of mine and other users from forum and used in blogs which is completely breaking the template and looks so bad.
Here is the image you can see their avatars. Any way to make resize automatically to 1 specific size in blogs but remains what it is in forum the same ???

Please help me.
Thanks a bunch :)

Hello,

Yes, I need to provide an option for fixing this sometwhere in the template. It can be fixed for standards-compliant browsers using CSS in the provided wp-united CSS file. However, that won't work with IE6. The next best solution therefore is to modify the HTML and include a width="" and height="". You should be able to find this in the first third of your wp-united/wp-template-funcs file. HTH
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”