[BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.5 04/06/2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
nonegiven

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.5 04/06/2007)

Post by nonegiven »

ScrapbookSupplies wrote:I don't know if he does or not. On the first page of the wp-united.com website (at the lower left corner) there was a place to submit work requests. I submitted once for a quote but never heard back.
I could live with those shortcomings (thought agree integration with Wordpress MU would be nicer).

I have also never had a reply back despite offering cash to bug fix.

I have a busy community support forum offline ... I cant go back to the old one because they was snafu-ed by the uninstaller. I cant release the new one because it DNFW. its very disappointing. I have wasted days and countless re-dos.

There are major oversights in the way this mod handles cookies that really need looked at. Details at the other support forum. The two templates also do not play nice with each other.

I even tried a virgin install of both applications ... but that screws up too.

I am really sorry ... its a great idea, two great products ... is there an alternative?
DubCA

Post by DubCA »

So... WHO IS GOING TO TAKE OVER THIS PROJECT?

Would be nice if someone takes over and keeps this project going now that jhong is MIA.
nerone

Post by nerone »

Hi guys, I have installed wp-united into phpbb 3 but in acp to the step 5 i receved white page and i can't configure the script.

I test in local with easyphp5 and I get this error:

fatal error. Call to a member add_rule() on a non-object in ......wp-includes\rewrite.php on line 9

Help me please
ethanre

Post by ethanre »

I would like to install the WP-United But I have a few questions to all the experts in here.

1) I would like my users to create pages collaboratively as in a knowledge base where team members can create pages and edit other's pages. Is this possible with WP-united? How easy is the setup?

2) When WP has an update (which they do often) How will I be able to keep my WP upgraded as part of this install, Will upgrading WP break WP-United?

3) What about the WP plugins like the SEO plugin, the mybloglog, the tag cloud, the contact forum etc.. Can I add WP plugins into WP-United?

Thanks
ScrepY

Post by ScrepY »

Does ir works on 2.5 Wordpress the new version :?: :geek:
nonegiven

Post by nonegiven »

ethanre wrote:1) I would like my users to create pages collaboratively as in a knowledge base where team members can create pages and edit other's pages. Is this possible with WP-united? How easy is the setup?
In my opinion, it wont work as each user has a different blog.

Have you thought about a Wiki? There is a mod with some degree of Mediawiki/phpBB interoperability.

http://uber.leetphp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113
StrypedForever

Help with error please!

Post by StrypedForever »

I have carefully made all the changes and everything is working except when I click to view a post I get the error below.

Code: Select all

Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'u.user_wpublog_id' in 'field list'

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid, u.user_wpublog_id FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 413 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 405
File : viewtopic.php
I am so close to having this work, could someone please help me fix this?
Last edited by StrypedForever on Thu May 15, 2008 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
nadir

Post by nadir »

has anyone made this work w/ wordpress MU?

Basically sharing the userbase between the two ...
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

ScrepY wrote:Does ir works on 2.5 Wordpress the new version :?: :geek:

I don't think so. yet, I haven't try it.
lachlan438

Post by lachlan438 »

SOME one please take this over please :cry: :cry:
beggers

Post by beggers »

So I guess it's safe to assume that there won't be a phpbb3 version... :(
mitman

Post by mitman »

I just uploaded all the wp-united files to my local server for testing (i am not working on a live site, it is only one that is running on an Apache server). When i try to access the wpu-install.php page, i get this error message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wpu-install.php on line 28: require_once(./wp-united/abstractify.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './wp-united/abstractify.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\wpu-install.php on line 28
If i try to access my phpbb3 forums, i get this error message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3450: require_once(./wp-united/wpu-actions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './wp-united/wpu-actions.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\includes\functions.php on line 3450
I have looked around and cannot seem to find a solution to this problem. I double checked everything i did and it seems like i placed everything where it is supposed to go. Please help me as a really want to make this work because it seems like a really cool mod.

By the way, i don't think this matters, but my Wordpress blog is installed and working correctly
A forum where you can talk about virtually anything-Visit http://www.DreamItBoard.com for this and much more!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

first, let's make sure that you installing the correct version. did you get the new phpbb3 version from
wp-united.com

now, assuming that you do have the correct version;
if everything was installed where it belongs, you would not get errors that it can't find files.

you have the wp install file in your phpbb3 folder and it belongs in the wp-united folder.

I would guess that you probably have other files/folders out of place.

you need to go back and follow the instructions again and get all the files uploaded to their proper places.

roberrt
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
mitman

Post by mitman »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:first, let's make sure that you installing the correct version. did you get the new phpbb3 version from
wp-united.com

now, assuming that you do have the correct version;
if everything was installed where it belongs, you would not get errors that it can't find files.

you have the wp install file in your phpbb3 folder and it belongs in the wp-united folder.

I would guess that you probably have other files/folders out of place.

you need to go back and follow the instructions again and get all the files uploaded to their proper places.

roberrt
i have the latest version of phpbb3 and i have the latest wp-united release.i just followed the instructions again and everything seems to be in the right spot but im still getting the error message
A forum where you can talk about virtually anything-Visit http://www.DreamItBoard.com for this and much more!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

sorry, but if you are getting the same error message, then you have not put the files in the correct place.

this is not where you are supposed to have the install file:
phpBB3\wpu-install.php

it should be here:
phpBB3\wp-united\wpu-install.php

along with all the other wp-united files.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”