[BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.5 04/06/2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
udaman

I found and solved

Post by udaman »

I had a different theme and it caused a problem. Once I changed the theme back to SubSiver, the error message was gone.

Impressively fast response. I appreciate that.

Where do you live? Several hours ago, you wrote that you were at work.

Are you at home now?

This mod has a great potential. Keep it going.

Great work.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

@udaman... I was going to ask you to check that you had uploaded blog.tpl, but I just checked your site and it seems to be working OK. Good luck with it!

I try not to post at work, but the Internet is so temperamental these days that I take what I can get ;)

I'm currently living in Shanghai, China...
rewardstupid

Post by rewardstupid »

Jhong wrote: The Setup Wizard tries to automatically set up some of the WordPress options for you - in particular, the "Blog Address (uri)" in the general options page is set up. Try setting that yourself to point to blog.php, including the full server address (ie, http://www.yoursite.com/rewardstupid/forum/blog.php). The WordPress address should be left unchanged (i.e., pointing to your non-integrated WordPress install).

Thanks for your prompt response! That does appear to have solved that particular problem, thanks. Unfortunately, I now seem to have a different issue whereby the navigational links in the integrated blog all result in a Page Not Found error because they are pointing at page ids that don't exist in the phpBB structure, eg. the About link in the sidebar points to /blog.php?page_id=2 and the January 2007 archives link points to /blog.php?m=200701. I guess I should be able to change these links within the Wordpress links or sidebar template, though.

It's a pity, though, because I'd like to keep the whole blog within my phpBB structure rather than redirecting people. The blog is only going to be written by the site admins, so it might be better for me to uninstall this mod and customise the Wordpress templates to emulate the phpBB template instead.

I'd definitely still be interested in a way of getting my latest blog entry onto the ezPortal page, though. Before I came across this mod I tried a couple of methods that were supposed to work but had no luck. :?
Jhong

v0.8.8.1 released

Post by Jhong »

A minor update to squish a few bugs from the v0.8.8.0 release...

-- FIXED: Parse error in PHP4
-- Better auto-setting of blog address (URI)
-- FIXED: Trailing slashes (hard-coded in templates) in addresses after blog.php sometimes caused a 404 error

To upgrade from v0.8.8.0, you just need to copy over
- blog.php
- wp-united/wpu-plugin.php
- admin/admin_wordpress.php

... and then run the Setup Wizard again.

John
rewardstupid

Re: v0.8.8.1 released

Post by rewardstupid »

Jhong wrote: -- FIXED: Trailing slashes (hard-coded in templates) in addresses after blog.php sometimes caused a 404 error

Is that the problem I just mentioned in my post? If so then I'll give the upgrade a try.
rewardstupid

Post by rewardstupid »

I tried the upgrade but got a Parse Error on step 4 of the set up wizard:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/content/k/o/d/kodgetts/html/rewardstupid/forum/wp-united/wpu-plugin.php on line 419
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

rewardstupid wrote: I now seem to have a different issue whereby the navigational links in the integrated blog all result in a Page Not Found error because they are pointing at page ids that don't exist in the phpBB structure, eg. the About link in the sidebar points to /blog.php?page_id=2 and the January 2007 archives link points to /blog.php?m=200701. I guess I should be able to change these links within the Wordpress links or sidebar template, though.

It's a pity, though, because I'd like to keep the whole blog within my phpBB structure rather than redirecting people. The blog is only going to be written by the site admins, so it might be better for me to uninstall this mod and customise the Wordpress templates to emulate the phpBB template instead.

Hmm... those liks are correct. No need to redirect, they should work just fine

is the link just /blog.php?x=y , or http://server.com/path/to/blog.php?x=y

If it is the former, the upgrade should help you, as it will set the full path for you in the Blog address (URI). However, the integration should be working either way as those links look fine.

If it still doesn't work, could you "view source" the output of blog.php, and PM it to me -- should help me troubleshoot for you, since I can't bring up your site...
rewardstupid

Post by rewardstupid »

Yes, sorry, it was the full path to blog.php in the phpBB directory. I'm having problems with the update now, though (see my previous post). :wink:
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

rewardstupid wrote: I tried the upgrade but got a Parse Error on step 4 of the set up wizard:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/content/k/o/d/kodgetts/html/rewardstupid/forum/wp-united/wpu-plugin.php on line 419

I made a mistake with the original package. I've updated it. Please try downloading it again.
rewardstupid

Post by rewardstupid »

Do I have to reinstall all the files or is it just the wpu-plugin.php file that had a mistake?
rewardstupid

Post by rewardstupid »

It works! :D Thankyou so much, Jhong. I'll keep an eye on any updates you make. ;)

Edit: For anyone else reading this, it was just the one file that needed updating, then I ran the wizard again.
brokenantimatter

Post by brokenantimatter »

Hey John its myself again I am having trouble with your latest builds.

Fresh Installs on both wordpress and .

Errors:
WordPress Integration Mod Settings
ERROR: The WP-United Connection could not be installed. Please check that the path provided or auto-detected is corrrect, and that WordPress is installed and working.

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in home\www\forum\admin\page_footer_admin.php on line 38

blog.php
The WP-United WordPress Integration Mod has not yet been set up properly on your site. Please run the Setup Wizard located in the phpBB Admin Control Panel.

For a Reference
admin\page_footer_admin.php
'PHPBB_VERSION' => ($userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN && $userdata['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS) ? '2
CPU: Dual AMD Opteron Dual-Core 175
GPU: XFX GeForce 6600 256mb
RAM: 2GB DDR400-Overclocked
HDD: Dual 160gb, XP-64/Kubuntu
WEB: Jappleng
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Hi again,

The fatal error is a result of the Wizard not cleaning up properly if the Connection can't be installed. I'll address that in the next release.

The only reason why the connection can't be installed is that the Wizard can't find WordPress. You should go back and check that your path to WordPress is correct. WordPress also needs to be installed at this point.

The path auto-detect earlier in the wizard should work fine, unless you have apache rewrite rules running on the server, making urls appear in a different location than the physical path... but the detect tool should also test the existence of the directory and give you a "success" or "warning".
KeithFN

Post by KeithFN »

works great for me on local.

i found some bags:

1. logout link on blog: phpbb/blog.php/login.php?logout=true&sid=87d9d67c764cc36532dbdbdaf7e62d75

it will not log out

looks like it should be:
phpbb/login.php?logout=true&sid=87d9d67c764cc36532dbdbdaf7e62d75

it will logout

2. i have problems with wp plugins

i.e. (rating system plugin error):

The requested URL /phpbb/wp-content/plugins/postratings/postratings.php was not found on this server.

can i fix it somehow to ../wordpress/wp-content/plugins/postratings/postratings.php easily without modifying code?

thank you.

p.s. what is your next steps with this mod mate?
CuLT

Post by CuLT »

Hmm, sweet idea, looking forward to the phpBB3 version, though I'll probably have a go at integrating it with Beta4 myself.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”