: Contact Form
: Allows visitors to contact the site owner via a Contact Form. Files can also be attached if permitted.
: 9.0.0 (tested on 2.0.21 and 2.0.22)
: GD2 Library (min 2.0.1) preferable with "FreeType Support" installed.
: None that can't be fixed!
I have been developing this "Contact Form" for some time, since taking over from "Contact Us"
• Enable/Disable the Form via ACP
• Post a message (naturally)
• Optional: Require Comment
• Optional: Maximum Comment length limit
• Optional: Require Real name
• Optional: Require E-mail
• E-mail strings are validated with preg_match()
• Logged in members are identified by their Username
• IP of poster is captured
• Optional: Flood Limit - number of hours between submitted forms
• Optional: Pruning - clears the database of expired flood limit data
• Optional: Attachments
• Blacklist/Whitelist file extensions
• Optional: Max filesize limit
• Optional: Hash attached filenames (using MD5)
• Comprehensive Stage based Error checking
• Optional: Rename "upload" dir to prevent people identifying it
• Optional: Limit who can upload - Guests, Members, Mods, Admins
• Character counter for message length
• Secures various uploads to prevent XSS issues
• Optional: CAPTCHA (requires GD Lib 1.6 or higher)
• Optional: Image based or Coloured CAPTCHA appearance
• Optional: Random CAPTCHA shown on each load
• Displays TrueType Fonts for displaying code if "FreeType Support" installed
• Optional: Admin can remove Attachments via a link (auth secure)
• Optional: Message Log - save messages to database for reference
• Preview based Message Log screen with [more] links for full message display
• Optional: Various Addons
available, in contrib. for extra functionality
• Optional: "Thank You" confirmation e-mail to Sender
• English • Dutch • French • German • Italian • Polish • Spanish
The Admin will receive an e-mail to the address in the main Board E-mail, containing the message, a link to any attachment, time sent, and IP of the poster.
A new feature as of 8.6.0 allows Admins to store their messages in the database for reference. This is optional, but can be useful on large boards where the Admin might receive a lot of messages via this form.
The zip file contains a full Mod History, changelogs, and required files.