[MODDB] Contact Form 9.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Yes - the MOD is getting better and better. :P

There are so many new features that I simply have to ask: email injection and SQL injection are hopefully still no problem?

A nice idea would also be an add-on for the possibility to choose the recipient of the email, e.g. in a dropdown list. So the users could choose if the mail is for ... let´s say... the technical stuff, the billing departement, the public relations people and so on.

(No, my board is not so big. :lol: But some people may want to contact my co-admin or my moderator instead of me.)

Regards
Wolfgang

CyberSpy

Post by CyberSpy »

Following the download link results in:
Sorry there has been a problem, please try again

Hopefully you can resolve that quickly as I look forward to exploring your mod and it's capabilities and how you've implemented some things.
Surreptitiously Yours,
CyberSpy
www.cyberspy.ws

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

Cheerz for the comments and feedback! :D
CyberSpy wrote: Following the download link results in:
Sorry there has been a problem, please try again

Hopefully you can resolve that quickly as I look forward to exploring your mod and it's capabilities and how you've implemented some things.

EDIT: Sorry, misunderstood this - thought you meant a mod error, not the link in the first post. Looking into this now.
Last edited by marcus.smith on Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
..: Ma®©uS™ :..
Image Mods: Contact Form | Hex BBCode | Login Name

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

IPB_Refugee wrote: There are so many new features that I simply have to ask: email injection and SQL injection are hopefully still no problem?

No problems that I can see! If get any reported I'll fix them and advise of an update but without revealing too much info.
IPB_Refugee wrote: A nice idea would also be an add-on for the possibility to choose the recipient of the email, e.g. in a dropdown list. So the users could choose if the mail is for ... let´s say... the technical stuff, the billing departement, the public relations people and so on.

I'll have a look into it! Thanks for the idea.

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

Download Link fixed, sorry for the inconvenience - I've just been updating my site quite a bit to tally downloads, etc better and overlooked something. :roll:

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

New addon, as per Wolfgang's idea: Recipients List

Easy to add, and easy to use - just read the Authors Notes to see how to list your recipients with an identification for each such as a name, or department (supports multi languages).

It's designed to be "spam proof" too, so your recipients e-mails are not exposed in the forms source values. :)

Thanks!

CyberSpy

Post by CyberSpy »

Hey Marcus,
Great addition, (Recipient List). Thanks for fixing the download link, in your:
/contrib/addons/Reasons addon there needs to be a change in the install.txt:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
language/lang_english/email/contact.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
Subject: Feedback received
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
Subject: Feedback received
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------
#
 {REASON}
Needs to be:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
language/lang_english/email/contact.tpl
There are no php files in lang_english/email/ only tpl files (and it's your mod you should know this lol ;) I'm just kidding, it's a common typo, just giving you a heads up so the EasyMOD'ers don't get an error using your mod. I hope you get validated soon. I think as far as availability, response, updates and documenting everything, you are far ahead of most other modders, keep up the great work, and I hope this is the first of many more projects from you.
Surreptitiously Yours,
CyberSpy
www.cyberspy.ws

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

@CyberSpy
Thanks for noticing that, I have corrected it within the current download. :)

IPB_Refugee

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hi Marcus,

thank you for adding my suggestion to your great MOD! :P

I have to admit that I still run version 5 because I currently don´t have much time for modifying my board. :oops: But I hope that I will be able to test the new version within two weeks.

Does your MOD already have the possibility to choose a reason for contacting a member of the staff? (Sorry, I haven´t read all the pages of this thread. :oops: ) A configurable dropdown list would be nice. E.g.:

Reason of your inquiry:

(1) Problem with registering a new account or with logging in
(2) General question / feedback
(3) I found an error on your website
(4) I want to become a member of the group xyz
(5) ...

Standard should be "Please choose a reason". And if no reason is chosen there should be an error message: "You have to choose a reason for your inquiry".

Thanks again for your MOD & have a nice week!
Wolfgang

murnauvsbuñuel

Post by murnauvsbuñuel »

murnauvsbuñuel wrote: great work
how could i begin a list box where the user can select the administrator whom it want to contact?

############################################################## 
## MOD Title:		Contact Form :: Recipients List Add-on
## MOD Author:          marcus.smith < marcus@phobbia.net > (MarcuS) http://www.phobbia.net/mods
## MOD Description:	Adds a dropdown of different Admins/Moderators who can be contacted
## MOD Version:		1.0.0
a lot of thanks for this addon :)

other new question?:
i have installed the Better Captcha mod
can i use this same captcha for my contact form mod?
sorry for my bad english i am spanish.
ImagemxBB Portal the best portal to phpBB2

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

IPB_Refugee wrote: Does your MOD already have the possibility to choose a reason for contacting a member of the staff? (Sorry, I haven´t read all the pages of this thread. :oops: ) A configurable dropdown list would be nice.

There is a "Reason List" add-on in contrib to allow you to do this, it does require you to create you own reasons and does give a polite error if none is chosen.

NB: None of the addons have been translated yet, mainly because they were all "mini betas" when I started them. In a while I may simply integrate them into the main mod as "Admin optional functions" and request translations from those who've provided languages before. I'll see how it goes though... might get more ideas yet.
murnauvsbuñuel wrote: i have installed the Better Captcha mod
can i use this same captcha for my contact form mod?

You probably could, but its about 4x bigger... might look out of place. I don't know exactly how you could either as I haven't used it before.

Don't forget that spam bots cannot actually spam your Contact Form unless they're programmed to - they'd have to know the fields, and the size/type of Captcha to attempt to "read" it.* It takes a person to program that kind of information. I very much doubt my mods top of the "spammer" list yet for those buggers! Mainly because this mod only has one recipient per message - it's a very small mod to target compared to spamming the actual forums. :wink:

* I read an article once by a "Captcha cracker" scripter who said specifically that bots don't just wander the web cracking Captchas willy-nilly. They need to be "taught" by their programmer to identify the size, fonts, images, etc.

IPB_Refugee

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Thank you, Marcus! That´s good to know.
marcus.smith wrote: NB: None of the addons have been translated yet, mainly because they were all "mini betas" when I started them.

I promise to come back and do the German translation when I have a bit more time for phpBB (hopefully within two weeks). :oops:

Keep up the great work! :)
Wolfgang

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

I've reviewed the Addons I have written recently and am in the process of integrating the "Messages Log" addon fully into the Contact Form mod itself but with an on/off ability in the ACP.

I'm not integrating the Reason/Recipients List addons simply because they have to be customised per board - this might push the mod to a more "Advanced" level for installation, and I prefer to keep it simple and leave these as addons for more confident people to use. :wink:

There are only 15 lines to be translated for this addon - I'll be PM'ing the usual translators within the next hour or so with the English version, and with any luck might be able to release this new update, complete with a couple of small tweaks also, as soon as I get the 4 current translations updated also.

Still no French though... shame. :(

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

This version integrates the "Message Log" addon fully into the mod, but also allows this function to be turned off if not required.

Important!
Updating to this version requires a full SQL update due to recoding of the IP logging method - I advise using the db_update.php as this will fully delete the original tables for the mod and apply the new ones. You must reconfigure your Contact Form settings after this update, but it should only take a minute. :wink:

• There is also a FIX to the SQL queries in the install.txt which may have affected anyone trying to use the "Quick Delete" option who used the copy/paste SQL's into phpMyAdmin rather than the db_update.php method.

• Replace all files to update to this version, and reapply any Addons you require. Sorry if you've done this before, but they only take a few minutes. :wink:

• Fully translated, thanks again to Willy, Wolfgang, Tom and Matteo for helping make this mod more flexible! :D

• See Authors Notes for more information on this mod.

Thanks to all this mods supporters! :)

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

Includes a French translation... w00t! :D

Courtesy of "Ram" at phpbb-fr.com forums.

(No code changes - just the extra language)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”