[MODDB] Contact Form 9.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

• Fixed: possible bug - generally "security based" but not easily exploitable. Replace contact.php.

• Fixed: Typo in Italian translation that may cause an error as a quote was not escaped.

• Contrib: New CAPTCHA set added - "icecream" - pink and cream swirly images - very sweet! :razz:
..: Ma®©uS™ :..
Image Mods: Contact Form | Hex BBCode | Login Name

Stricken

Re: [RC] Contact Form 8.8.0

Post by Stricken »

Can this MOD be installed using EasyMod?
Elite-Area Owner/Administrator
About / Blog / Contact / Forums / Support

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

Stricken wrote: Can this MOD be installed using EasyMod?

It should do, I've written the install.txt to follow EM specifications, but I have never used EM myself to know if it works for 100% certainty. I think a couple of other people have managed though, in the past.

CyberSpy

Post by CyberSpy »

Stricken wrote: Can this MOD be installed using EasyMod?
Yes, this mod installs flawlessly with EZMod as of 8.5.0 (last I checked and reporteda a typo to Marcus, which he quickly fixed) the latest fixes and addons don't affect EZMod or installation, so you should be fine.
Surreptitiously Yours,
CyberSpy
www.cyberspy.ws

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

• Several minor fixes/changes - only contact.php needs replacing if updating from 8.8.0.
Please see Authors Notes and Mod History for further details.

@CyberSpy
Thanks for the confirmation there, regarding EasyMod.

Drumknott

Re: [RC] Contact Form 8.9.0

Post by Drumknott »

Hi,

I am looking for a way to make a contact form that has the following feature :

A drop down menu - in this menu there is a list with several names. Each name is a different person working in the company. When you select a certain name, the email form should send to that person's email address.

a sample of the type of page I mean can be seen at -
http://www.doas.nl/aktiviteiten/nieuwe% ... tact2.html

have you any ideas how I could do this using a php mail script?

thanks

marcus.smith

Re: [RC] Contact Form 8.9.0

Post by marcus.smith »

If you're doing that within a phpBB forum I'd suggest this Contact Form + Recipients List Addon in contrib.

Otherwise, if you want a standalone Contact Form for your website, non-phpBB, then it needs to be coded differently. But to add seperate contacts you should always consider doing it securely so that their addresses are not visible in the source code for spambots to abuse.

If you want a custom Contact Form for your website, I'd be happy build one to suit your needs for a small fee as it would take a little bit of time to write - but as I said, would be secure and to your exact needs. If this is the case and you're interested, please contact me.

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

Some minor additions to improve user and browser accessibility, and file upload security.

• Form template now uses <label> tags as required for XHTML standards (not XForms).
• "Back" option now supports non-Javascript (or disabled) browsers when an error occurs.
• Uploaded filenames made extra secure using basename() function.

Ciao! :)

cavallino

Re: [RC] Contact Form 8.9.2

Post by cavallino »

Hi Marcus,
can you tell which files needs to be replaced to upgrade 8.9.0 to this latest version?
As always we have to execute also the db_update.php right?
Thanks!

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

Changed files:
• contact.php
• templates/~/contact_body.tpl

DB update isn't necessary since 8.6.0 as it will only update the version, if you want to know it.

Cheerz!

phatchopolis

Post by phatchopolis »

This looks like it may be what I'm looking for. I'm looking to restrict access to a forum until a certain post count is reached. Upon reaching that the user can submit an application to request access. A couple questions. Can this be restricted so only registered members and/or only those with a certain post count can submit? Thanks.

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

Yep, easy enough. :)

To allow Registered members only
OPEN: contact.php
FIND:

Code: Select all

if($contact_config['contact_form_enable'] == 0)
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Contact_Disabled'] . "<br /><br />" . sprintf($lang['Click_return_index'], "<a href=" . append_sid('index.'.$phpEx) . ">", "</a>"));
}
AFTER, ADD:

if(!$userdata['session_logged_in'])
{
	redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=contact.$phpEx", true));
}
This brings up the Login Form then redirects to Contact Form as soon as they login successfully.

To restrict access with a Post Limit
OPEN: contact.php
FIND:

if($contact_config['contact_form_enable'] == 0)
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Contact_Disabled'] . "<br /><br />" . sprintf($lang['Click_return_index'], "<a href=" . append_sid('index.'.$phpEx) . ">", "</a>"));
}
AFTER, ADD:

$restriction = 10;
if($userdata['user_posts'] < $restriction)
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, sprintf($lang['Post_restriction'], $restriction));	
}
Set $restriction to your preferred Post Limit. The following message will auto-update accordingly.
OPEN: language/lang_~/lang_contact.php
FIND:

?>
BEFORE, ADD:

$lang['Post_restriction'] = 'At least %s posts are required to use the Contact Form';

This needs to read: 'At least %s post is required to use the Contact Form' if restriction is set to 1. ;)

If you plan on using both methods, place the Post Count statement AFTER the Login statement - that way the script checks the member is logged in before checking their post counts - otherwise Guests might receive an insufficient Post Count message and try to spam your board or otherwise get confused.

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

Uhh, did you try it then, "phatchopolis"?

mariotendo

Post by mariotendo »

Hello, I was wondering if in the future you could make it so admins can add more fields, like textboxes, checkmarks, etc. like a typical HTML/PHP emailer form.

I know I could probably just make this type of thing on my website, but I'd prefer making it as easy as possible for my members to just register on my forum and send stuff to me from their account via a form, so I know exactly who I'm receiving the information from.

I've been looking forever for something like this and yours seems to be the most updated. I'd just like to know how to add more fields.

Thanks!

marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

@mariotendo

That sounds very complex and involved, and possibly takes the focus away from "Contact Form" more towards a "Custom Form" mod which I want to avoid. My other concern is that such a setup restricts language support on multi-language sites.

For those sites who simply want a "Contact Form", adding in checks for custom fields is bound to add a lot of extra unnecessary code and possibly overhead which may put people off using it.

Having said this, I would be interested in hearing of any fields that you feel might be generically beneficial that I could add to a future version. If they are personal to your site, it would be harder to consider using them. In which case it is a matter of adding those fields yourself.

To do this you need to look through contact.php to see how the current fields are handled in terms of being declared, made secure, validated/verified, etc and then added to the template array. Then you need to update your language file/s and template to display those fields. And finally update the Admin email to receive the information.

Thanks for your interest, I hope this helps! :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”