[RC2] Statistics Mod 4.2.9

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zaid

Re: [RC2] Statistics Mod 4.x.x

Post by Zaid »

Hey I am getting this error from morning I installed the Last visit/login mod and the country flag mod (Both mods reffed from this mod's files)

the Last login/visit mod worked fine but the Country flags mod went wrong so I replaced it with my backup but manually didn't remove the sql quires yet of the country flags mod, can you tell me what i should do?
Which file or where i should look for to get rid of this? should i just try and remove the sql quires manually?
thanks.. :)

what i get in statics.php page

Code: Select all

Warning: fopen(./modules/cache/templates/USFTECH/decompiled.php.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tmgngr/public_html/forums/stats_mod/includes/template.php on line 729

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/tmgngr/public_html/forums/stats_mod/includes/template.php on line 730

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/tmgngr/public_html/forums/stats_mod/includes/template.php on line 731

Warning: fopen(./modules/cache/templates/USFTECH/decompiled.php.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tmgngr/public_html/forums/stats_mod/includes/template.php on line 729

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/tmgngr/public_html/forums/stats_mod/includes/template.php on line 730

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/tmgngr/public_html/forums/stats_mod/includes/template.php on line 731

Wicher

Post by Wicher »

That error had nothing to do with the IP tables.
The content of dir "./modules/cache/templates/USFTECH/" was wrongly chmodded.

I fixed it for you.

http://forums.tomorrowsgaming.com/statistics.php
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

what can i do if i want to display some of its modules, say i want to display the most active forums on the main forum index page.. what would be the code? thanks
Wicher

Post by Wicher »

There is no extra code needed, you can set one module to display on the index page when you go to the ACP / Statistics / Configuration
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

no i mean like i want it to be displayed in the whos online on my forum index not stats.index.php
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

i just wanted the topic names and not the meter i was thinking to some how merge it with some other mods
TheKidBuu!

Post by TheKidBuu! »

hey, pretty nice and neat MOD, easy to be installed and all but i got a question, how can i remove that annoying

--reloaded: false/true
-->

Its shown after each module. =?
quahappy
Former Team Member
Name: Andy Green

Post by quahappy »

I'm looking to install this MOD but have a question to ask first before I go ahead.

Does install_statistics.php pick up the SQL database prefix I use which is screwballscrabb_ and NOT phpbb_ ? For example, the start of the first query in the install file is:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_module_cache (
  module_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default \'0\',
  module_cache_time int(12) NOT NULL default \'0\',
  db_cache text NOT NULL,
  priority mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default \'0\',
  PRIMARY KEY  (module_id)
);
I presume I need to edit every SQL query in the install file and change phpbb_ to screwballscrabb_? Is there a full SQL query listed somewhere which I can perform without running the install file?

By the way, I have no idea how my database got switched from phpbb_ to the current one and phpbb_ still exist in the database but no longer used! Very strange...

Many thanks in advance for any responses. :D
If you don't ask.....
quahappy
Former Team Member

Post by quahappy »

I've installed this MOD on my Test forum (where I test them all out before installing on my Live Forum) and while everything appears to be working ok, I am encountering errors and a couple of other things:

1. Within Admin >> Statistics >> Manage Modules (just to name one where problems are occuring) I'm getting these errors:

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /home/quahappy/public_html/test/admin/admin_statistics.php on line 446

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /home/quahappy/public_html/test/admin/admin_statistics.php on line 447

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /home/quahappy/public_html/test/admin/admin_statistics.php on line 448

Warning: curl_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /home/quahappy/public_html/test/admin/admin_statistics.php on line 449

Warning: curl_close(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in /home/quahappy/public_html/test/admin/admin_statistics.php on line 450

Warning: fopen(modules/statistics_updates.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/quahappy/public_html/test/admin/admin_statistics.php on line 452

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/quahappy/public_html/test/admin/admin_statistics.php on line 454

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid cURL handle resource in
.... and more after that.

2. The actual Statistics page (viewed by members) IS working fine but under each subject is:

--reloaded: true
-->

I checked directory permissions, uninstalled and reinstalled the install file, rechecked all my file edits and still encountering the above (especially 1.) Also, any errors that are showing are confined to Admin >> Statistics section only.

Would appreciate any help and thanks in advance for any replies.
If you don't ask.....
TheKidBuu!

Post by TheKidBuu! »

quahappy wrote:still encountering the above (especially 1.)
What about the second then? You made it somehow disappear? I checked all my CHMOD's and the whole topic too - nothing. I assume that the problem comes from the template, Ive been shown those things on other mods too but here I'm quite helpless. Or maybe you use subSilver and still got it showing? :?

I also reinstalled the MOD but for nothing. I hate to show something like unfinished to my users, so i removed the link from the overall header but Im still searching for an answer ...
quahappy
Former Team Member

Post by quahappy »

TheKidBuu! wrote:
quahappy wrote:still encountering the above (especially 1.)
What about the second then? You made it somehow disappear? I checked all my CHMOD's and the whole topic too - nothing. I assume that the problem comes from the template, Ive been shown those things on other mods too but here I'm quite helpless. Or maybe you use subSilver and still got it showing? :?

I also reinstalled the MOD but for nothing. I hate to show something like unfinished to my users, so i removed the link from the overall header but Im still searching for an answer ...
Nope. Still getting 1 and 2 as quoted in my post. Tried CHmodding every folder and file, uninstalling and reinstalling and still errors. :(
If you don't ask.....
TheKidBuu!

Post by TheKidBuu! »

Oh jeesus I want this MOD so badly. So are you too using non-subSilver theme? By the looks of your errors i dont think its a db name problem. You've upped your statistics_updates.txt aswell?
quahappy
Former Team Member

Post by quahappy »

TheKidBuu! wrote:Oh jeesus I want this MOD so badly. So are you too using non-subSilver theme? By the looks of your errors i dont think its a db name problem. You've upped your statistics_updates.txt aswell?
I'm using Aphrodite template as standard throughout. Yep, upped statistics_updates.txt. My board has many MOD's installed (test forum first and then live) and always double-check my edits, SQL, etc. and this is the first MOD that has given me these errors. Going to try and start from scratch again (remove MOD edits, database, etc) and reinstall. Done all as recommended in first post of this topic too... :(
If you don't ask.....
quahappy
Former Team Member

Post by quahappy »

I have no idea if this is related to my problem or not but recently my host has performed some major security updates and one area was mentioned is the switching of certain functions. The below is part of the email I got from them:
As of Sunday 13th of July we will be disabling ‘Allow_url_fopen’ on all servers as part of our security improvements outlined in the email sent out last week, work to make the changes required will start at 21.00 BST. The servers will not face downtime during this event as we are just changing a configuration setting in PHP and restarting Apache.
...and they gave a link to this page: http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/php-t ... e-file.php

Would this have anything to do with the problems I'm experiencing with installing / running Statistics MOD? All other aspects of my website are working 100%.
If you don't ask.....
TheKidBuu!

Post by TheKidBuu! »

Looking at your error:

Warning: fopen(modules/statistics_updates.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/quahappy/public_html/test/admin/admin_statistics.php on line 452
fopen is really linked somehow.

The easiest way to find out if the problem is from your hard modded forum is to make a clean install and try there. I bet that if you use subSilver it wont show u the reloaded error too, which I think comes from a template file. Why not asking your hosting provider instead? If that error is shown up on the clean install, it can mean only one thing. :?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”