[RC2] Statistics Mod 4.2.9

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
King_S

Post by King_S » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:01 pm

Hello,
I have the following problem with the Statistics Mod: If I go on the statistics, he does not indicate the Bars to me correctly. That is, they do not correspond the per cent to values. Is that an error in the Template? Or an error of the Script. Would be grateful around assistance
Link to the statistics: http://forum.the-death-chamber.de/statistics.php
Greeting
King_S

P.S: Sorry for the bad english, it's just an Bablefish Translation.
King_S uses Bablefish to translate :D

bum63

Post by bum63 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:14 pm

did you upload Bar Graphics or do you have them in your board style?
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=478314

King_S

Post by King_S » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Hi bum63,
the pictures are there, it are lengthen, which is not correctly indicated, as you can see at my Link ;)
King_S uses Bablefish to translate :D

bum63

Post by bum63 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:32 pm

I don't see any Bar Graphics on your board link
try to copy those 3 images into your server's directory from this link
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=478314
just right click on images and save them to your computer, if you want dark Bar Graphics you can click on link below and copy mine
Link
you have to copy all 3 images: right side left side and center

MarieMM

Post by MarieMM » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:28 pm

Wicher wrote: Someone promissed me a copy of there database tables, the ones for the activity mod and the users table so i could test in real envirement. But till now i did'nt see that copy coming.

If you tell me which tables you need, I'll get them to you. I checked my tables, but couldn't figure out which table contains data for the activity mod.

Wicher

Post by Wicher » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:13 pm

MarieMM wrote:
Wicher wrote:Someone promissed me a copy of there database tables, the ones for the activity mod and the users table so i could test in real envirement. But till now i did'nt see that copy coming.

If you tell me which tables you need, I'll get them to you. I checked my tables, but couldn't figure out which table contains data for the activity mod.

They are the tables with "ina" in them and the users table.

Wicher

Post by Wicher » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:58 pm

@ MarieMM: I uploaded again the 7 modules that where affected by this bug. I think i got it right this time.
You can download them here
most_active_topics.pak
most_viewed_topics.pak
least_interesting_topics.pak
most_interesting_topics.pak
most_active_polls.pak
last_created_topics.pak
last_created_posts.pak

Wicher

Post by Wicher » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:17 pm

@bum63/: Most Logged On Users is displaying registered date at my test board. So i gues its an error at your board somehow.

Wicher

Post by Wicher » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:19 pm

eviL<3 wrote: Wicher: Did you install it on a fresh or a modded board?

I installed it on a fresh board, and its working fine now.
Only the find error with easymod stays. At mod line 780.

I will add your pak file in statistics 4.0.1b

Wicher

Post by Wicher » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:22 pm

@King_S: i dont see bar graphics on your statistics page either.

MarieMM

Post by MarieMM » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Wicher wrote: @ MarieMM: I uploaded again the 7 modules that where affected by this bug. I think i got it right this time.

I downloaded these modules and updated my forum. The module info now says 4.0.1b. Then I reset the cache and loaded the page again. However, the problem is not solved. Even when I log off, or log on as a normal member (no moderator), I still see links and titles of topics and posts from the forums that are restricted to moderators.

I also tried selecting that the "least interesting topics" module should only be available to the moderators, but when I logged off, I could still see it. Does that give you any clue?

I know little about php, but an idea popped up: Could the problem have anything to do with the statistics being reloaded into the cache by an admin, not by a regular member...? Or is the data stored separately for the different groups?

Do you still need the database tables? I realised that I haven't got the activity mod installed , but I could do it. :oops:

Wicher

Post by Wicher » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:05 pm

MarieMM wrote:
Wicher wrote:@ MarieMM: I uploaded again the 7 modules that where affected by this bug. I think i got it right this time.

I downloaded these modules and updated my forum. The module info now says 4.0.1b. Then I reset the cache and loaded the page again. However, the problem is not solved. Even when I log off, or log on as a normal member (no moderator), I still see links and titles of topics and posts from the forums that are restricted to moderators.

I also tried selecting that the "least interesting topics" module should only be available to the moderators, but when I logged off, I could still see it. Does that give you any clue?

I know little about php, but an idea popped up: Could the problem have anything to do with the statistics being reloaded into the cache by an admin, not by a regular member...? Or is the data stored separately for the different groups?

Do you still need the database tables? I realised that I haven't got the activity mod installed , but I could do it. :oops:

How are the permissions for your forums set up?
Are the moderater forum set as for just "moderaters" or are they set as "Moderaters (hidden)" >
Because when you have them set as the first option, phpbb still lets normal users view the topic titles, but they cannot read the topics.
If set to the second option normal users cannot see the moderater topics also.
Then they wont show up in the statistics if all is well.

For those tables i wanted, if you have to install yhe activity mod for it, it has no use, because then your tables are not filled with information i need.

MarieMM

Post by MarieMM » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:15 pm

Wicher wrote: How are the permissions for your forums set up?
Are the moderater forum set as for just "moderaters" or are they set as "Moderaters (hidden)" >
Because when you have them set as the first option, phpbb still lets normal users view the topic titles, but they cannot read the topics.
If set to the second option normal users cannot see the moderater topics also. Then they wont show up in the statistics if all is well.

The moderator forums are set as Moderators (hidden). These forums do not show up on the main page when I am not logged in as a moderator. Their topics also do not show up when doing searches. But they DO show up in the statistics!

The same situation exists for the hidden forum for one of the member groups. The forum is not visible to other members, but its topics show up in the statistics.

Would it help you if I set up a moderator account for you so you can look around on your own?

Wicher

Post by Wicher » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:02 pm

Just a link to your forum will do.
Moderaters cant set forum permissions so i wont have any use for a moderater status.
You can set it in your profile here at phpbb.com

MarieMM

Post by MarieMM » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:22 pm

MarieMM wrote: I know little about php, but an idea popped up: Could the problem have anything to do with the statistics being reloaded into the cache by an admin, not by a regular member...? Or is the data stored separately for the different groups?

I did some testing.

* I logged in as Admin
* I hit "Clear cache for all modules"
* I reloaded the statistics page as Admin
* The posts from the moderators forum were visible
* I logged out as Admin
* I reloaded the statistics page as anonymous user
* The posts from the moderators forum were still visible

* I logged in as Admin
* I logged out as Admin
* The posts from the moderators forum were not visible
* I logged in as Admin
* The polls from the moderators forum were not visible

* I logged in as Admin
* I logged out as Admin
* I logged in as registered member (non-moderator)
* I reloaded the statistics page as registered member
* I logged out as registered member
* I logged in as Admin
* The polls from the moderators forum were visible
* I logged out as Admin

My conclusion is that the statistics display identical for all members, disregarding their status, but according to the status of the user that reloaded the page...

On a side note: When I reloaded the statistics as anonymous, after clearing the cache, the modules that were set as visible only to admins and mods were not visible. They were visible when I logged in as Admin. So this seems to work as it should do - as long as I the statistics page is reloaded by an anonymous user...
Last edited by MarieMM on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”