[Beta] Subforums Plus

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
&

Post by & »

I did install and it went fine, but after cleaning the DB with DB Maintenance I can make a Forum become a subforum or a subforum become a forum.

The problem I have is when I wish to create a new forum... I always get this message:
Couldn't insert row in forums table
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_parent, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable, auth_view, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_announce, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate, auth_attachments, auth_download, forum_parent) VALUES ('27', 'Test', 2, 'testing', 175, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0)

Line : 576
File : admin_forums.php

Can someone tell me what's wrong ?
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

& wrote: I did install and it went fine, but after cleaning the DB with DB Maintenance I can make a Forum become a subforum or a subforum become a forum.

The problem I have is when I wish to create a new forum... I always get this message:
Couldn't insert row in forums table
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_parent, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable, auth_view, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_announce, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate, auth_attachments, auth_download, forum_parent) VALUES ('27', 'Test', 2, 'testing', 175, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0)

Line : 576
File : admin_forums.php

forum_parent is not supposed to be here, forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_parent, forum_desc.
Replace your lines with

Code: Select all

// There is no problem having duplicate forum names so we won't check for it.
			$sql = "INSERT INTO " . FORUMS_TABLE . " (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable" . $field_sql . ")
				VALUES ('" . $next_id . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumname']) . "', " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS[POST_CAT_URL]) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumdesc']) . "', $next_order, " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['forumstatus']) . ", " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable']) . $value_sql . ")";
Have you hugged someone today?
&

Post by & »

Trying...

Worked fine, thank you. :D
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Glad to see you got it fixed.
&

Post by & »

D¡cky wrote: Glad to see you got it fixed.

No, code was changed properly, I simply up;oaded wrong copy first time. Now, it is OK.

Yes I have between 30 and 40 MODs installed. This is why the code is this far in the page. If you wish to see, PM me and I'll give you a link with a Login as Admin... :wink:
&

Post by & »

I am getting another problem now; after creating a new subforum, I cannot change Permissions...

I get this message: Hacking Attempt :(
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Check admin_forumauth.php that you have

define('IN_PHPBB', 1);
at the beginning of the file.
&

Post by & »

D¡cky wrote: Check admin_forumauth.php that you have

define('IN_PHPBB', 1);
at the beginning of the file.

I do, all right. :?
ewelin

Post by ewelin »

I just downloaded the full version and i believe you forgot some files... like all except for the xml file. LMAO. Any chance you could provide another zip file with all of the files ;-)
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

ewelin wrote: I just downloaded the full version and i believe you forgot some files... like all except for the xml file. LMAO. Any chance you could provide another zip file with all of the files ;-)

Sorry about that. Should be good now.
ewelin

Post by ewelin »

ahhh much better... Thanks!! Now time to install :-D
&

Post by & »

@ D¡cky, :D

First post says v 0.0.5, nevertheless I downloaded 0.0.5a and now you are up to 0.0.6. :?

Maybe should you update first post or post in the thread when you come up with a newer version :idea:

It would make it easier to follow... :wink:
ewelin

Post by ewelin »

AWSOME MOD!!! Great work.... Install was real smooth and works perfectly. Extremely nice coding and i love how you use parts of index.php and index_body.tpl for the subforum display. Pretty Smooth!

My only question... and this I think is a biggy... Any chance of figuring out a way to get this to work with Keep Unread Topics Flag MOD??? I've tried to figure it out but these are two large mods and I don't know either one well enough to sort it out :-( Any help would be greatly appriciated!!!
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

ewelin wrote: My only question... and this I think is a biggy... Any chance of figuring out a way to get this to work with Keep Unread Topics Flag MOD??? I've tried to figure it out but these are two large mods and I don't know either one well enough to sort it out :-( Any help would be greatly appriciated!!!

I have not had a chance to try that MOD yet. I will when I get a chance.
ewelin

Post by ewelin »

D¡cky wrote:
ewelin wrote:My only question... and this I think is a biggy... Any chance of figuring out a way to get this to work with Keep Unread Topics Flag MOD??? I've tried to figure it out but these are two large mods and I don't know either one well enough to sort it out :-( Any help would be greatly appriciated!!!

I have not had a chance to try that MOD yet. I will when I get a chance.
You'd be the man if you figure it out for me!!! I used to have it working perfect with simple subforums but subforums plus removes some of the lines that it puts in and it's hard for me to follow some of the changes.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”