[Beta] Subforums Plus

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
&

Post by & »

& wrote: I am getting another problem now; after creating a new subforum, I cannot change Permissions...

I get this message: Hacking Attempt :(

Sorted, the problem came from another MOD. To prevent Hacking Attempts which one added a few lines in common.php under

Code: Select all

if ( !defined('IN_PHPBB') ) 
{ 
die('Hacking attempt'); 
} 	
I removed those few lines and all is working as should. :wink:

As far as I can tell, this Subforums MOD works fine on my end I am using it on three different Boards and no problem with it, except the one I had that came from another MOD. 8)
gamerxgirl

Post by gamerxgirl »

Finally someone who doesn't see the need for CH! That mod is great for some people, but for a modder like me I really don't see the need for most of those features. Will try this out. Thanks.
Glaedr

Post by Glaedr »

Does it require you to download any other mods? i hope not.
Glaedr

Post by Glaedr »

agh! when i try to run the install file it says this:

Warning: main(../extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /sdc/home/shruikan/public_html/admin/mods/mod-sf/root/install_sf/install.php on line 37

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /sdc/home/shruikan/public_html/admin/mods/mod-sf/root/install_sf/install.php on line 37

Warning: main(../common.) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /sdc/home/shruikan/public_html/admin/mods/mod-sf/root/install_sf/install.php on line 38

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /sdc/home/shruikan/public_html/admin/mods/mod-sf/root/install_sf/install.php on line 38

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_pagestart() in /sdc/home/shruikan/public_html/admin/mods/mod-sf/root/install_sf/install.php on line 43

what do i do! help! my index won't show until this is installed!
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You cannot run an install.php from the mods directory. You have to browse to it in your forum's main install directory.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

you are supposed to copy all the files located in the root directory to your forums root directory which in this case looks to be public_html further I would never install a beta mod into my live board. ;)

Also I am curious as to why Ptirhiik's name is showing as the mod author in the xml files :?
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Also I am curious as to why Ptirhiik's name is showing as the mod author in the xml files :?

He started the development, Dicky took it over as Ptirhiik's MODs here on this site already consume quite a bit of his attention. :-) That is my understanding, anyway, Dicky is more than free to speak as to the actual cause...
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
Glaedr

Post by Glaedr »

Brf wrote: You cannot run an install.php from the mods directory. You have to browse to it in your forum's main install directory.

:oops: and how do i do that?
RMcGirr83 wrote: you are supposed to copy all the files located in the root directory to your forums root directory which in this case looks to be public_html

and then what?
RMcGirr83 wrote: I would never install a beta mod into my live board

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O i didn't know i shouldn't

oh and people, i used easy mod if that helps in any way.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Glaedr wrote:
Brf wrote:You cannot run an install.php from the mods directory. You have to browse to it in your forum's main install directory.

:oops: and how do i do that?

You browsed to:

http://yourforum/admin/mods/mod-sf/root ... nstall.php

and you should have browsed to

http://yourforum/install_sf/install.php

or whereever Easymod copied it to. There should be instructions in your install.txt
Glaedr

Post by Glaedr »

when i did that i got this:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@shruikanforums.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Glaedr wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote:you are supposed to copy all the files located in the root directory to your forums root directory which in this case looks to be public_html

and then what?

log into your forum and browse to /install_sf/install.php which will install the mod into your database
Glaedr wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote:I would never install a beta mod into my live board

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O i didn't know i shouldn't

oh and people, i used easy mod if that helps in any way.

The topic of this part of the forum on the main page states this
No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!

;)
Glaedr

Post by Glaedr »

when i did that i got this:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@shruikanforums.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 
Glaedr

Post by Glaedr »

nevermind, i got it working :D
Glaedr

Post by Glaedr »

supposed to have sub forums:

then i clicked on that

but there are no sub-forums :?

http://www.shruikanforums.com
Glaedr

Post by Glaedr »

help, anyone?