[BETA] Real-time Sports MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Granit
Registered User
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:17 pm

Post by Granit »

I am not shure i understand what you mean.

So you cant add this to the mod?

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/socc ... goryId=433
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/socc ... goryId=367
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/socc ... oryId=2818

I hope i dont have missunderstand what you mean, but these above are the soccer that i find on the page.

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21034
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Okay, DualFusion I'll try this way. :)

The way the sportsfeeds get added to show in the ACP requires a sql update on a table (hence the need for peeps to "wait" for you to update the sql).

For example,

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_sports` ( `sport_name` , `sport_url` , `sport_value` ) VALUES ( 'arena_football', 'http://www.sportsline.com/arenafootball/box-scoreboards', '1' );
why not make that part of the ACP (where you click enable, disable), where you can create a sport name and sport url. BTW, how does one delete a sport url/name from the database once inputted via the above other than visiting phpmyadmin?

An Admin should have complete and total control over the database without having to wait for sql updates from others. ;)

Am I making sense?
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

User avatar
DualFusion
Registered User
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: A forum
Contact:

Post by DualFusion »

reggien wrote:
DualFusion wrote:Sure, I will do the future features for the next version, add the sports above, then make the script for the foxsports sites, then add the foxsports sports.


Cool. 8)

Any suggested timeframe for the next version? I for one am really looking forward to it. Congrats on a fantastic mod. :wink:


There really isnt a time frame on when the next version will come. But It will be soon, I already implemented about 9 more sports, which came from http://sportsline.com and tahnk you for your comment. :D
Granit wrote: I am not shure i understand what you mean.

So you cant add this to the mod?

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/socc ... goryId=433
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/socc ... goryId=367
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/socc ... oryId=2818

I hope i dont have missunderstand what you mean, but these above are the soccer that i find on the page.


I am going to try and create a script so that I can get only the scores from a page like this. And when I do, I will try to get those scores you want.
RMcGirr83 wrote: Okay, DualFusion I'll try this way. :)

The way the sportsfeeds get added to show in the ACP requires a sql update on a table (hence the need for peeps to "wait" for you to update the sql).

For example,

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_sports` ( `sport_name` , `sport_url` , `sport_value` ) VALUES ( 'arena_football', 'http://www.sportsline.com/arenafootball/box-scoreboards', '1' );
why not make that part of the ACP (where you click enable, disable), where you can create a sport name and sport url. BTW, how does one delete a sport url/name from the database once inputted via the above other than visiting phpmyadmin?

An Admin should have complete and total control over the database without having to wait for sql updates from others. ;)

Am I making sense?


If you want I will add a section where you can add sports. phpMyAdmin is the only place you can edit the sql. Also, I will add a "delete this sport" button just for you also.

User avatar
DualFusion
Registered User
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: A forum
Contact:

Post by DualFusion »

Feature Check!
  • Replace javascript with php |||||||||| 50%
  • Replace iframes with divs |||||||||| 60%
  • More sports from sportsline.com |||||||||| 100%
  • Script for other sports |||||||||| 40%
  • Add sports section |||||||||| 10%
  • Delete sports |||||||||| 40%

Granit
Registered User
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:17 pm

Post by Granit »

Everything sounds great DualFusion.

Keep up the good work. :D

User avatar
DualFusion
Registered User
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: A forum
Contact:

Post by DualFusion »

Thanks!

User avatar
h23jy0q3ynq
Registered User
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:19 pm

Post by h23jy0q3ynq »

Is there a way to display this below Who's Online, instead of as a sidebar?

User avatar
vrflyer
Registered User
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:27 pm

Post by vrflyer »

On the AutoRacing what does or is it going to entail? :?
Always Under Construction !

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21034
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Dual Fusion if you would like some help with the ACP stuff, please don't hesitate to ask.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

User avatar
DualFusion
Registered User
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: A forum
Contact:

Post by DualFusion »

h23jy0q3ynq wrote: Is there a way to display this below Who's Online, instead of as a sidebar?


Yes there is. In the .mod file replace this...

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
<table width="100%" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
  <tr> 
	<th colspan="2" class="thCornerL" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_FORUM}&nbsp;</th>
	<th width="50" class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_TOPICS}&nbsp;</th>
	<th width="50" class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_POSTS}&nbsp;</th>
	<th class="thCornerR" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_LASTPOST}&nbsp;</th>
  </tr>
#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
<table width="100%" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" border="0">
	<tr>
		<td style="vertical-align:top;" width="25%">
				<table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
					<tr>
						<td class="catHead" height="28"><span class="cattitle">{L_REALTIME_SPORTS_SELECT}</span></td>
					</tr>
					<tr>
						<td class="row1" align="center">
							<select name="sport_select" onchange="window.open(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value,'sport_frame')">
								<!-- BEGIN loop_sport_form -->
								<option value="{loop_sport_form.U_SPORT}"{loop_sport_form.SPORT_SELECTED}>{loop_sport_form.L_SPORT}</option>
								<!-- END loop_sport_form -->
							</select>
						</td>
					</tr>
					<tr>
						<td class="row1" align="center">
							<iframe id="sport_frame" name="sport_frame" style="width:100%;height:220;" src="{SPORT_DEFAULT}" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" align="middle" frameborder="0"></iframe>
						</td>
					</tr>
					<tr>
						<td class="row2 gensmall" align="center">{L_POWERED_BY}</td>
					</tr>
					<tr>
						<td class="row2 gensmall" align="center">{L_COURTESY}</td>
					</tr>

				</table>
		</td>
		<td style="vertical-align:top;">

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
<br clear="all" />

<table cellspacing="3" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0">
  <tr> 
	<td width="20" align="center"><img src="templates/subSilver/images/folder_new_big.gif" alt="{L_NEW_POSTS}"/></td>
	<td><span class="gensmall">{L_NEW_POSTS}</span></td>
#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
... with ....

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
	<td align="left" valign="top"><span class="gensmall">{L_ONLINE_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
<table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
	<tr>
		<td class="catHead" height="28"><span class="cattitle">{L_REALTIME_SPORTS_SELECT}</span></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row1" align="center">
			<select name="sport_select" onchange="window.open(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value,'sport_frame')">
				<!-- BEGIN loop_sport_form -->
				<option value="{loop_sport_form.U_SPORT}"{loop_sport_form.SPORT_SELECTED}>{loop_sport_form.L_SPORT}</option>
				<!-- END loop_sport_form -->
			</select>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row1" align="center">
			<iframe id="sport_frame" name="sport_frame" style="width:100%;height:220;" src="{SPORT_DEFAULT}" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" align="middle" frameborder="0"></iframe>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row2 gensmall" align="center">{L_POWERED_BY}</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row2 gensmall" align="center">{L_COURTESY}</td>
	</tr>
</table>
That should work, I have not tested it though. and it is going to be wide.

User avatar
DualFusion
Registered User
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: A forum
Contact:

Post by DualFusion »

vrflyer wrote: On the AutoRacing what does or is it going to entail? :?


What do you mean by that? I dont understand. :?
RMcGirr83 wrote: Dual Fusion if you would like some help with the ACP stuff, please don't hesitate to ask.


Is there something wrong with my ACP?

User avatar
vrflyer
Registered User
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:27 pm

Post by vrflyer »

^^^ Nevermind I got my answer by glancing at the code. 8)
Always Under Construction !

User avatar
DualFusion
Registered User
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: A forum
Contact:

Post by DualFusion »

vrflyer wrote: ^^^ Nevermind I got my answer by glancing at the code. 8)


ok?...

reggien
Registered User
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:59 am

Re:

Post by reggien »

DualFusion wrote: Feature Check!
  • Replace javascript with php |||||||||| 50%
  • Replace iframes with divs |||||||||| 60%
  • More sports from sportsline.com |||||||||| 100%
  • Script for other sports |||||||||| 40%
  • Add sports section |||||||||| 10%
  • Delete sports |||||||||| 40%


Just wondering if there has been any further progress with the new features. As you can probably tell, I'm very keen to see the next release of this mod. Best of luck with it.

User avatar
DualFusion
Registered User
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: A forum
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Real-time Sports MOD

Post by DualFusion »

To tell you the truth, I have not worked on the MOD since phpBB was down. And I have been trying to make a website for my MODs and modding. And also, making a little bit of progress to my Advanced PM MOD. Sorry, yet thank you for support :?

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”