[ABD] Forum Weblogs

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Najopito

Post by Najopito »

It would have been the one linked on 3rd July. I am using phpbb 2.0.4.

I found something else that is suitable. Also I felt that I wanted to make the blog usage available to non-forum members. But still it is a very good idea for a mod :)
SK

Post by SK »

The demo forum is now a 404 is this going to be fixed?
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Yes, sorry. The demo forum has been down since my server died a couple of weeks ago. I took the oppotunity to move eveything to a new server but i forget about this demo. It will be back soon.
Defend the game:
chaoticgod

Post by chaoticgod »

Ok, a few questions and errors.

First, when I post a new topic or someone posts a reply in my blog, I get an error page with the title "Invalid Syntax Error". This is ONLY when posting from myweblog.php and weblog_posting.php, when I post from viewtopic.php it works fine (viewing my weblog from the forum view). I tried enabling errors in my php.ini to see what the problem was but it didn't display anything. Also, on weblogs.php the new/no new/locked post icons are being used from the subSilver template instead of the one I am using, could not find where it was setting subSilver as the template.

I was also wondering how you could go about changing the group creation so that when a user signs up for a blog, and their group is created, it is made "hidden" by default, instead of "open". That way my usergroups page doesn't show 500 different groups to the users.

AND, in weblog.php and weblog_entry.php you have the following code

Code: Select all

'L_INDEX' => 'Weblogs Index',
instead of calling it from the language file.

Another thing, when viewing weblog.php it doesn't display the color/gradient behind the Last Post links. It DOES display it in weblogs.php though. You'll notice this in my blog "A Place In My Head" at http://forums.vampsinc.com

Other than those few little things, great mod! I was looking everywhere from something like this and I'm glad I finally ran across it.

Can't wait to see further updates! Specifically the ability to hide certain posts from all other users. :)
chaoticgod

Post by chaoticgod »

Well I figured a few things out.

The color/gradient not coming up for the tables (I had found a few others not working too) was probably because of my template, not your fault. Got that fixed. Was just a few calls to class names that didn't exist.

As for it using the wrong images, for anyone interested you can find the image includes in weblog_index_body.tpl at the bottom just change subsilver in the path to the template you are using.

I also found an error in weblog.php causing an invalid_session error when a user tries to moderate their weblog. Again, this might be in my specific case, but if someone else is having this problem, try this:
Open file weblogs.php
Find:

if( $is_auth['auth_mod'] )
{
	$s_auth_can .= sprintf($lang['Rules_moderate'], "<a href=\"" . append_sid("modcp.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=$forum_id") . "\">", "</a>");
}
Replace With:

if ( $is_auth['auth_mod'] )
{
	$s_auth_can .= sprintf($lang['Rules_moderate'], "<a href=\"modcp.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=$forum_id&sid=" . $userdata['session_id'] . '">', '</a>');
}
I have also edited a few files so that when you view the list of weblogs, it includes the moderator of the weblog on the description (<Moderator>'s Weblog). If anyone would like to know what I did, let me know.

Now I just have to figure out how to make the group created automatically "hidden" and find what's causing the Invalid Syntax Error. I'll post any further progress. :)
Last edited by chaoticgod on Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaoticgod

Post by chaoticgod »

To make the groups automatically hidden:
Open /includes/functions_weblog.php

Find:

VALUES ($next_groupid, 0, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $weblog_name) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $weblog_desc) . "', 0, $userid);";
Replace With:

VALUES ($next_groupid, 2, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $weblog_name) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $weblog_desc) . "', 0, $userid);";
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Cool, good work.

Cheers! :)
Defend the game:
chaoticgod

Post by chaoticgod »

Alright! Figured out the error!

I also rewrote a couple of files, and found and fixed a few bugs.

After posting it was being redirected to viewtopic.php instead of weblog_entry.php so it was displaying "this post does not exist"

Also, the two links after posting a message (before the page automatically refreshes) were doing the same thing.

I have thrown all of my updates into a file and sent the link to netcletic, I'll let him decide if he wants to update his zip or not and offer these modified files, since it is his mod and everything. :)

Thanks for the mod netcletic!
teste87

Post by teste87 »

Hi!

I've installed more than 50 mods already, some of them have changes in posting.php. So how I install it? (If I don't change anything it doesn't work - I have to install multiple bbcodes, bbcode organizer, cmx_news etc)

So what's the easiest way to do that? Can I just copy posting.php to weblog_posting? :wink:
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

teste87 wrote: So what's the easiest way to do that? Can I just copy posting.php to weblog_posting? :wink:

Not quite, there are quite a few subtle differences. I don't think there is going to be any easy way for you.
Defend the game:
JollyOldBloke

Still going?

Post by JollyOldBloke »

I'm looking for a mod similar to this one, but it does not appear to be active anymore in terms of development. Is that true?
netclectic
Former Team Member

Re: Still going?

Post by netclectic »

JollyOldBloke wrote: I'm looking for a mod similar to this one, but it does not appear to be active anymore in terms of development. Is that true?

Just about - i'm slowly working my way through all my old mods updating them. This will get a bit of a refresh soon.
Defend the game:
JollyOldBloke

RE: Still going?

Post by JollyOldBloke »

That's great to hear, because this is a great mod. I'll install it and make any suggestions I have here. Thanks for all of your hard work - we need a good blog mod.
JollyOldBloke

Idea for weblog.php

Post by JollyOldBloke »

I would like to show the full text of the latest 1-5 (configurable) blog topics expanded, each with a comments link to see responses. Then the rest of the first page would show the usual table style of topics. This feature is typical of just about every blog system and it allows the reader to quickly see the text of the latest blog entries on the first page (topics page).

I think this would be fairly straightforward, but it would require munging together large chunks of weblog.php and weblog_entry.php. So what do you think netclectic? Is this something that is already on your TODO list? Has anyone else attempted this yet? I'm thinking of diving in, but I've never done anything this big with PHP yet.

By the way, I have this mod ported to and working well in PHP-Nuke 6.5. Thanks again for such a great mod - already thinking of the numerous possibilities (calendar integration, categories, etc.)...
jko

Post by jko »

Having similar problems to another user. Keep getting the following error when I add/edit/remove a blog
Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/orrbitm/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/orrbitm/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 318

As previously suggested I've done a search for
$db->sql_freeresult();
but there are no instances of this. Any other suggestions?

John

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”