[BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Spaniel

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by Spaniel »

This is a highly useful Mod for many phpbb forums i've seen. I wondered if the latest version 1.0.5 allows users to search within their own area by radius, e.g. all member profiles within a 20 mile radius, or all sports centres (already added to the map) within a 5 mile radius.

My member feedback so far is that they're only really interested in their own town/city as that's what they have access to. Finding a kangaroo park in Western Australia is nice for them to know but if they can't afford a plane ticket to Western Australia (even if they live in Australia), it isn't much practical use to them.

Does v. 1.0.5 allow searching by radius or within a user's own area? If not, could this be coded into it?

Many thanks.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Yeah, I figured out how to replace them.

I suppose it doesn't matter.
BassFace wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:Hey BassFace, Possible to add more Marker Images to this MOD?
If you mean more than the 10 regular + 2 special markers, the answer is no. You can, however, replace all the markers with your own images - see the tutorial link in my signature for how to do it. 8-)
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Spaniel wrote:This is a highly useful Mod for many phpbb forums i've seen. I wondered if the latest version 1.0.5 allows users to search within their own area by radius, e.g. all member profiles within a 20 mile radius, or all sports centres (already added to the map) within a 5 mile radius.

My member feedback so far is that they're only really interested in their own town/city as that's what they have access to. Finding a kangaroo park in Western Australia is nice for them to know but if they can't afford a plane ticket to Western Australia (even if they live in Australia), it isn't much practical use to them.

Does v. 1.0.5 allow searching by radius or within a user's own area? If not, could this be coded into it?

Many thanks.
There is currently no search in the phpBB2 version of this MOD, except to search for a member's username and plot them on the map. As this map was initially intended to just be so members of a forum could see where each other were, I didn't add much extra.

I am currently in early development stages of the phpBB3 version of this MOD, and it has a Google Local Search bar in the main map window, which plots the search results based on the current map showing (e.g. if you're zoomed in on Munich, Germany and search for Pizza, it will plot Pizza places in Munich). See the v3 Demo link in my sig to see it in action.

Once I get the phpBB3 version finalized, I plan to re-visit the phpBB2 version and update it a bit.
velocat

Post by velocat »

Somewhere here read, but now I can not find.
Prompt, where it was discussed?

A problem here in it: (IE, In other browsers there are no problems)

Home: phpBB3 3.0.8 + Portal XL 5.0 + MODs + Custom Mods,
PHP Version 5.2.3, Apache, MySQL 5.0.24-standard
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

I can't find it either. It may not be the MOD, as it looks fine in Firefox, just not in IE. IE handles CSS differently than other browsers. If you like, send me the template your map is in and I'll see if I can find anything.

Inspecting your page if FF, I see you have a spacer column
<td width="5"/>

try

<td width="5">&nbsp;</td>
instead
velocat

Post by velocat »

I have just this variant. Strange, but it has appeared recently, before it was not. I send tpl in PM
velocat

Post by velocat »

Excuse, I have found in what a mistake:

This line

Code: Select all

<tr> 
	<td width="{MAP_WIDTH}{WIDTH_MEASURE}" rowspan="2" align="center">
		<!-- Phoogle Google Map -->      
	    <div>
		<div id="phoogleMap" class="postbody"></div></div>
has erased

align="center"

And all became ОК!!! :roll:
velocat

Post by velocat »

Has noticed that search of the user to be made only from the list deduced on a card (for example from 20 person)
As it seems to me, would be logical to make search from all users noted on a card.
velocat

Post by velocat »

And still. It would be convenient to enable to establish scale and the center of a map to users it is independent. Now they at an input on a map see a map as it is established by the administrator.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

velocat wrote:Has noticed that search of the user to be made only from the list deduced on a card (for example from 20 person)
As it seems to me, would be logical to make search from all users noted on a card.
Search does search all users, not just those displayed on the current map.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

velocat wrote:And still. It would be convenient to enable to establish scale and the center of a map to users it is independent. Now they at an input on a map see a map as it is established by the administrator.
You mean let each user set a starting map center and zoom level for themself? I would prefer to let the admin control that.
velocat

Post by velocat »

BassFace wrote:You mean let each user set a starting map center and zoom level for themself? I would prefer to let the admin control that.
At me greater country. And thus it is visible only its part, and it is more interesting to users to start from the region. I have made it for a MAP of places, having added preservation of current coordinates (on a choice of the user) in MySQL in the table users. + a field zoom. And now the user comes into a starting place. Also it would be desirable to make and for PHOOGLE
velocat

Post by velocat »

At me search is made only from those who at present displayed on page. Look: for example Im - "velo" located on the second page, and accordingly if to set search on my name, the result is not present, I am not switched yet to page where my marker is specified

http://www.velocat.ru/velo/phpBB2/phoogle_map.php
modbo

Post by modbo »

I am running v1.0.5

Something going wrong if map config Width/Height is set to 100% in ACP.
The map window size looks not correct.

Is there a solution for scroll mouse like here?:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... f#p3212803
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

modbo wrote:I am running v1.0.5

Something going wrong if map config Width/Height is set to 100% in ACP.
The map window size looks not correct.
Yes, setting the height with a percentage really doesn't work. This is true for all <div> containers, actually. I would recommend using a set px setting for the height - width should work with either a px or a %.
modbo wrote: Is there a solution for scroll mouse like here?:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... f#p3212803
I do have that code running in the phpBB3 version of this MOD, but have not gone back to put it into the phpBB2 version. I will try to make some updates to the phpBB2 version next week and release a new version.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”