[BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
User avatar
BassFace
Registered User
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:10 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:13 pm

Sammy Sandbag wrote:Hey BassFace,

Just checking in. Any chance the phpbb 3.0 version is in the works?
Well, it's not in the works, but I am planning to do it. Probably not until after Christmas, though, stay tuned. :geek:

User avatar
BassFace
Registered User
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:10 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:50 pm

OK, it's now in the works, lol. I started last night on it. Bad thing is it's gonna have to be a total re-write of the Phoogle Script. phpbb3 is just too different (I know you're shocked!) than phpbb2.

Good news is, I think I can actually lose the map class altogether and just use phpbb3's native php/html/css system.

As soon as I have something worth showing, I'll make an announcement here, then start a new thread in the phpbb3 MOD section. 8-)

User avatar
Sammy Sandbag
Registered User
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 2:07 am
Location: Savannah, GA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:36 am

Too cool! I'll go back to waiting patiently. P.S. I'll be more than willing to help test it out.
-Sammy

User avatar
BassFace
Registered User
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:10 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

phpbb3 version in development

Post by BassFace » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:29 pm

Hi everyone,
For those of us who have (or plan to) convert their boards to phpbb3, I've started working on the phpbb3 version of this MOD. Thread for that version is here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=635855

BassFace

User avatar
velocat
Registered User
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by velocat » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:29 pm

Please, Help me.
into profile edit and ACP user edit i'nt see map, howewer into phoggle_map.php and ACP all OK.
Im understand english lang but very bad writing, sorry.
That links is working:
http://www.velocat.ru/velo/phpBB2/phoogle_map.php
and this very cooll! Respect author!
But Dont working users profile :(

Im building that: http://www.velocat.ru/velo/phpBB2/mesta.php
But I see that MOD, wanted staying with him :lol:

My vers phpbb:
phpbbplus 153 based on phpbb 2.022
Home: phpBB3 3.0.8 + Portal XL 5.0 + MODs + Custom Mods,
PHP Version 5.2.3, Apache, MySQL 5.0.24-standard

User avatar
BassFace
Registered User
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:10 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:11 pm

velocat wrote:Please, Help me.
into profile edit and ACP user edit i'nt see map, howewer into phoggle_map.php and ACP all OK.
Im understand english lang but very bad writing, sorry.
That links is working:
http://www.velocat.ru/velo/phpBB2/phoogle_map.php
and this very cooll! Respect author!
But Dont working users profile :(

Im building that: http://www.velocat.ru/velo/phpBB2/mesta.php
But I see that MOD, wanted staying with him :lol:

My vers phpbb:
phpbbplus 153 based on phpbb 2.022
Can you check your profile_add_body.tpl file - It looks like the map <div> is not correct (from looking at page source code in browser). It appears that your map div is:

Code: Select all

<div id="phoogleMap" />
and it should be:

Code: Select all

<div id="phoogleMap"></div>
I see no Javascript errors, so I'm thinking that the map has everything it needs to display, it just can't find the div it's supposed to display in.

User avatar
velocat
Registered User
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by velocat » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:37 pm

but my divs in profile_add_body.tpl and user_edit_body.tpl

Code: Select all

<div id="phoogleMap"></div>
and also i not see script by {PHOOGLE_SCRIPT} in head
may be that?
Home: phpBB3 3.0.8 + Portal XL 5.0 + MODs + Custom Mods,
PHP Version 5.2.3, Apache, MySQL 5.0.24-standard

User avatar
BassFace
Registered User
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:10 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:33 pm

velocat wrote:and also i not see script by {PHOOGLE_SCRIPT} in head
may be that?
That code should be in the 'overall_header.tpl', which is loaded in just about every phpbb page. So {PHOOGLE_SCRIPT} doesn't need to be in the 'profile_add_body.tpl'.

I'm not really sure what else could be causing this without seeing the files. Could you post or PM me your profile_add_body.tpl and includes/usercp_register.php? I'll take a look at them and see if I can find anything.

User avatar
velocat
Registered User
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by velocat » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:48 pm

BassFace wrote: That code should be in the 'overall_header.tpl', which is loaded in just about every phpbb page. So {PHOOGLE_SCRIPT} doesn't need to be in the 'profile_add_body.tpl'.
Yes, indeed. But at viewing in a browser I do not see, that it deduces a code. Now I shall send files.
I shall be grateful for the help
Home: phpBB3 3.0.8 + Portal XL 5.0 + MODs + Custom Mods,
PHP Version 5.2.3, Apache, MySQL 5.0.24-standard

User avatar
BassFace
Registered User
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:10 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:51 pm

velocat wrote:
BassFace wrote: That code should be in the 'overall_header.tpl', which is loaded in just about every phpbb page. So {PHOOGLE_SCRIPT} doesn't need to be in the 'profile_add_body.tpl'.
Yes, indeed. But at viewing in a browser I do not see, that it deduces a code. Now I shall send files.
I shall be grateful for the help
We found this was due to the many MODs velocat had installed in his Profile section that sent javascript calls to the <body onload="...">. They were canceling/interfering with each other.

velocat - have you found a solution for this?

richiebgood
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 9:13 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by richiebgood » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:09 am

hi, i am very interested in using this mod, will you be relasing a patch for people who use profile control panel? There are some differences that I don't know where to look. :oops:

User avatar
BassFace
Registered User
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:10 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:10 am

richiebgood wrote:hi, i am very interested in using this mod, will you be relasing a patch for people who use profile control panel? There are some differences that I don't know where to look. :oops:
What is profile control panel? Another mod? Can you post a link? ;)

richiebgood
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 9:13 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by richiebgood » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:33 am

BassFace wrote:
richiebgood wrote:hi, i am very interested in using this mod, will you be relasing a patch for people who use profile control panel? There are some differences that I don't know where to look. :oops:
What is profile control panel? Another mod? Can you post a link? ;)


Ya is is a mod that replaces the user control panel with a more powerful one. It is for phpbb2, not sure if it was released for phpbb3 yet:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=139673

Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3246
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Hey BassFace, Possible to add more Marker Images to this MOD?

User avatar
BassFace
Registered User
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:10 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Peter77sx wrote:Hey BassFace, Possible to add more Marker Images to this MOD?
If you mean more than the 10 regular + 2 special markers, the answer is no. You can, however, replace all the markers with your own images - see the tutorial link in my signature for how to do it. 8-)

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests