[BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
gansert

Re: [RC1] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by gansert » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:56 am

BassFace wrote:
gansert wrote: I am gonna pm you tomorrow. Had not much time yet. Can't wait to test new functions..

Thanks, gansert! I've finished up the install text file, just need to run through it with a clean install before I upload it. 8) Also, I got some help a while back with making the MOD EasyMOD compliant, which will be stage 2 of the release (changing the install text file to pass through EasyMOD's install process). Do you run EasyMOD?

No, I really do not like EasyMod. You don't see what is happening that. I thing that tool is more for experts. I am using my hands.

gansert

Post by gansert » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:56 am

sorry,double post.
Last edited by gansert on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glenn I

Post by Glenn I » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:35 am

Once you make it EM compliant I will give it another go at installing it on my site :)

BassFace

v1.0.2 Phoogle (Google) Map Demo Board

Post by BassFace » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:02 pm

Glenn I wrote: Once you make it EM compliant I will give it another go at installing it on my site :)

I just installed Phoogle Map v1.0.2 on a new demo board at www.phooglemap102.bassface3d.com and installed it with EasyMOD. :D Feel free to sign up as a new user and/or use the demo admin account:
username: testadmin
password: testadmin

I don't know what's going on with the previous version's MODDB status, so I may just submit v1.0.2 and see what happens. I'd like to get some feedback on it first, though. I'm putting the link to v1.0.2 in the first post now. Here it is also: http://bassface3d.com/phoogle/Phoogle_v1.0.2.zip

BassFace

Add-On MOD - Phoogle User ACP

Post by BassFace » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:20 pm

Does this look useful to you guys? I'm making it as an add-on MOD, not as integrated to the main MOD.
Thoughts? What do you like/dislike? What would you like to see in this? I particularly like the pagination, and the map only shows the users on the current page. Would that be a good idea for the main MOD's map? Also, each user's info is 'hidden' and opens/closes when clicked.

Glenn I

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by Glenn I » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:00 am

I've reinstalled it to my site and appears to be working better than what it did previously with a couple minor exceptions.

1. when a user registers and there is the choice to turn the map on or off it only has yes or no. There is nothing next to the buttons with a description of what each does like "You WILL NOT be shown on the Phoogle Map" and "You WILL be shown on the Phoogle Map"

2. My avatar on the tabbed window is large and pixelated. Maybe there's an option somewhere to change the size.

Other than that, no other problems but I'll keep you updated :)

gansert

Post by gansert » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:30 am

Bass, you have done such good work!! :D :lol:

I just tested the avatars in the cloud and they get now resized perfectly.

With that internet explorer stuff. I tested that cause still so many users use this browser :?

I think the mistake has to do with this part.
Line 303 in phoogle.map.php

Code: Select all

// Set selected user's map point
		$myMap->addGeoPointTabbed($user_phoogle_map_center, $user_phoogle_icon, $tab, $username);
		unset($tab);
}	

// If user is NOT ALLOWED to be shown, do something
	else if( !$profiledata['user_phoogle_allow'] )
	{
		$template->assign_vars(array(
			'L_PHOOGLE_USERNAME' => ": ".$username . $lang['Phoogle_Not_Allowed'])
			);
		$myMap->centerMap = "map.setCenter(new GLatLng($map_center), $init_zoom);"; 
	}

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:38 pm

This has to be one of the coolest MODs ever. I've been waiting for so long for someone to make a quality Google map MOD. But now here's the issue: phpBB 3. I'm holding out on making any board updates till Olympus is released, but I really like this. So the question is: what are the plans for upgrading this to work with phpbb 3?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
-Sammy

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:32 am

Sammy Sandbag wrote: This has to be one of the coolest MODs ever. I've been waiting for so long for someone to make a quality Google map MOD. But now here's the issue: phpBB 3. I'm holding out on making any board updates till Olympus is released, but I really like this. So the question is: what are the plans for upgrading this to work with phpbb 3?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Thanks! Once the phpbb 2 version is nice and stable - and MODDB approved - I'll definitely be making a phpbb 3 version. :D

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:39 am

Glenn I wrote: I've reinstalled it to my site and appears to be working better than what it did previously with a couple minor exceptions.

1. when a user registers and there is the choice to turn the map on or off it only has yes or no. There is nothing next to the buttons with a description of what each does like "You WILL NOT be shown on the Phoogle Map" and "You WILL be shown on the Phoogle Map"

I've looked at your page's source code and I honestly don't know why it isn't working. I'll have to spend some more time on that issue. The javascript is there, and the <div> is there to hold the message - it should be working! :twisted:
Glenn I wrote: 2. My avatar on the tabbed window is large and pixelated. Maybe there's an option somewhere to change the size.

Other than that, no other problems but I'll keep you updated :)

Your avatar is smaller than the 'maximum allowed avatar size' set in your main ACP Configuration panel. (Your avatar is 99x99 and it looks like your max setting is 140x140) So Phoogle is displaying your image at 140x140. (Phoogle map uses the board's max avatar size to constrain the image size in the bubble).
I'd suggest lowering your max avatar size to 99x99. I'll see if I can tweak the way Phoogle handles that. I want to avoid making php check the size of every single avatar, cuz for maps with lots of members showing it would really slow down the page load time. But there may be other ways.

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:34 pm

BassFace wrote: Thanks! Once the phpbb 2 version is nice and stable - and MODDB approved - I'll definitely be making a phpbb 3 version. :D

Cool! Also, what of the issues with IE? I tried the demo with IE6 and it didn't display properly. While I only use FF, many of my members don't.
-Sammy

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:00 pm

Sammy Sandbag wrote:
BassFace wrote: Thanks! Once the phpbb 2 version is nice and stable - and MODDB approved - I'll definitely be making a phpbb 3 version. :D

Cool! Also, what of the issues with IE? I tried the demo with IE6 and it didn't display properly. While I only use FF, many of my members don't.

When did you try the demo? I fixed the IE issue the other day, so it should be working (at least I hope - I'll check it right after this post). I also just updated the link to the new demo site in my signature to reflect the v1.0.2 demo, which is a different site than the v1.0.1 site.

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:09 pm

I stand corrected, seems to be working now. I must of been looking at the older version when I checked it a couple days ago. Good work!
-Sammy

Glenn I

Post by Glenn I » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:20 pm

Your avatar is smaller than the 'maximum allowed avatar size' set in your main ACP Configuration panel. (Your avatar is 99x99 and it looks like your max setting is 140x140) So Phoogle is displaying your image at 140x140. (Phoogle map uses the board's max avatar size to constrain the image size in the bubble).
I'd suggest lowering your max avatar size to 99x99. I'll see if I can tweak the way Phoogle handles that. I want to avoid making php check the size of every single avatar, cuz for maps with lots of members showing it would really slow down the page load time. But there may be other ways.

Well the avatar was displaying perfect in the previous version. Reducing my max avatar setting to 99 x 99 is not practical.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”