[BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Shrubbn wrote: aargh :x can't seem to make it work... I'm getting these errors everywhere

Code: Select all

Could not query users

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_phoogle_address' in 'field list'

SELECT username, user_id, user_phoogle_address, user_phoogle_latitude, user_phoogle_longitude, user_phoogle_comment FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id <> -1

Line : 95
File : phoogle_map.php

I don't know what I did wrong :?

Hi,
Thanks for trying out my mod!
Did you run the SQL lines that add the fields to the phpbb_users table? They are in the install txt file - toward the top of the file.

Hopefully that'll do it! 8)

BassFace
PS I'll have a new version out very soon - probably this weekend, so it may be best to just wait 'til then (for reasons like aussiewal has run into regarding how some addresses don't work with the geocoder).
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

ewelin wrote: Excelent... I've been looking forward to another google maps mod. I have the Atlast MOD installed but support on that one has gone MIA. Any chance we could see some screen shots of the ACP? It also looks like you can customize the image by simply replacing the smiley.png image, is that correct?

As for the Atlas mod not working that's due to the fact it uses the original API interface and that is no longer avaiable.

Also... any chance the username within the map-bubble could link to the user's profile?

Well, the ACP portion is just the User Admin page, with the phoogle fields in there.
I want to build a ACP for this, but that'll have to wait for a later release (or an add-on). v0.0.3 has alot of new stuff compared to v0.0.2, so that took my time over the ACP work.

As far as the smiley and shadow images - yes, you just edit the phoogle_map.php file and tell it what images you want to use, and put those images in the main phpbb /images folder.
HINT Google suggests the shadow image be skewed 45 degrees up and left. :wink: (But do what looks best to you.)

The bubble username/link is a great idea - I'll get that working ASAP! 8)
BassFace
gansert

Post by gansert »

Hi,

I installed you mod and/but it looks like this

How can I make this appear bigger and more in the center??

cu gansert
carpflashes.nl

Post by carpflashes.nl »

Hello i have installed Phoogle Maps butt wenn a type a adress a get a error
(sorry for my bad english)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: file_get_contents() in /home/httpd/vhosts/carpflashes.nl/httpdocs/board/includes/phpbb_phoogle.php on line 179
bum63

Post by bum63 »

this should look like this
carpflashes.nl

Post by carpflashes.nl »

wenn a want to view that page a gett a message that the ATP key is used for a other site or something like that ?
my one page http://www.carpflashes.nl/board/phoogle_map.php
(dutch site)
carpflashes.nl

Post by carpflashes.nl »

Yes but i don't know if its correct

$myMap->setAPIKey("ABQIAAAAirFbFwOOWPxRGijTYedIJRRfdoEV6VqQ-m-eGlLnFTuxP2s-aRQC11hVSAUJf8-_VhNlqlScTDKttw");
bum63

Post by bum63 »

yes that's where the key should be, you got it right
carpflashes.nl

Post by carpflashes.nl »

okey the page is working now

butt i still have a error wenn a place a adress in my profile
and wenn a want to click Find My Lat / Long Coordinates in the profile it won't find the page
bum63

Post by bum63 »

BassFace is working on new version and this problem should be solved.
You can change size of your map simply by changing in phoogle_map.tpl

<div id="map" style="width: {MAP_WIDTH}; height: {MAP_HEIGHT}; padding:-5px; border:#000000;"></div>
to

<div id="map" style="width: 100%; height: 400px; padding:-5px; border:#000000;"></div>
carpflashes.nl

Post by carpflashes.nl »

I have still a small problem wenn a user adds his adres how must hi add this into his profile

because wenn a user adds a city and a state i gett a error

how do a have to display it is ti like this >bronweg 9,(street)maastricht(city),limburg(county)?
Last edited by carpflashes.nl on Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

carpflashes.nl wrote: problem solved now it working :)
Cool mod :mrgreen:

Can you explain what you had to do to get it working? It may help others and will help me make this better in future releases. Thanks!

By the way, I'll be finalizing v0.0.3 tomorrow and releasing it then, and it has a much better 'location finder' for international (non-US) addresses.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

gansert wrote: Hi,

I installed you mod and/but it looks like this

How can I make this appear bigger and more in the center??

cu gansert

This came up with another user using some CMS version of phpbb. There is a <div> name issue or CSS style issue I think. In the next release I've changed the div name the map displays in to be more unique and included some CSS that seemed to fix the issue for the other user. Check the previous pages in this thread, and that new release v0.0.3 will be out sometime tomorrow. 8)
carpflashes.nl

Post by carpflashes.nl »

Well the size was not my problem that was okey
butt putting the adress in gives error at my site like this one

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: file_get_contents() in /home/httpd/vhosts/carpflashes.nl/httpdocs/board/includes/phpbb_phoogle.php on line 179 
wenn a place the latitude and longitude there are no error
butt people don't understand how the must place the latitude and longitude into there profile
Last edited by carpflashes.nl on Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”