[BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
BassFace

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace »

BassFace wrote: Also, at my site, you can see I finally figured out a way to get the sidebar links to open the users' comment bubbles without having to refresh/reload the page for each one! The map just pans or jumps, depending on distance, to new comment bubble. :D :D

I'll be releasing a zip soon with replacement files for phoogle_map.php and phpbb_phoogle_class.php (no editing needed for this one) for those interested in this function. 8)

Here is the zip for these new/changed features. Just backup/rename phoogle_map.php and includes/phpbb_phoogle_class.php and put these files in their place.

http://bassface3d.com/phoogle/phoogle103_changed.zip

Changes:
On main map page, clicking sidebar no longer refreshes/reloads page, map just moves to user and opens their info window. The single user map (now only accessible from button in users' View Profile page and button under user's posts) behaves as before, loading a new map centered and zoomed on user selected.

Also added Google's recently released Mousewheel Zoom In/Out feature.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MOUSEWHEEL ZOOM:
This mousewheel Zoom feature may scroll a page up and down at the same time as zooming in/out on the map in a long page (one with a vertical scroll bar), depending on how your browser is set up to scroll.

To disable the mousewheel zoom:
open includes/phpbb_phoogle_class.php
find

Code: Select all

map.enableScrollWheelZoom();";
replace with

";
gansert

Post by gansert »

BassFace wrote: ...
Here is the zip for these new/changed features. Just backup/rename phoogle_map.php and includes/phpbb_phoogle_class.php and put these files in their place.

http://bassface3d.com/phoogle/phoogle103_changed.zip

Looks very nice. WOW :!:
DynoGT

Post by DynoGT »

BassFace wrote: DynoGT, did you find anything else? Most likely, the problem is in includes/usercp_register.php so check that file first, but it may also be in the database sql statements. I assume EasyMOD ran the sql from the install file? If so, does it create a log of any kind regarding what instructions it ran successfully/unsuccessfully?
Post it here if it did, we can have a look. :)
Also, I'd like to see your map, could you post a link to your Map page? (You can PM me if you don't want it seen by everyone).

I got it fixed. It was some missing code from usercp_register.php. I'm not sure if you still want a link to my maps page now that it's fixed, but I'll pm you with that address anyway. Thanks for all the help. I'm set now.. And this is an excellent mod btw. Had it not been for the other mods I've got on my site, I'm sure it would have installed without a problem. It did on my test site. :D
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

DynoGT wrote:
BassFace wrote:I got it fixed. It was some missing code from usercp_register.php. I'm not sure if you still want a link to my maps page now that it's fixed, but I'll pm you with that address anyway. Thanks for all the help. I'm set now.. And this is an excellent mod btw. Had it not been for the other mods I've got on my site, I'm sure it would have installed without a problem. It did on my test site. :D

Cool, glad you got it running. 8) Next step, check the tutorial in my signature and make yourself some custom map markers. ;) :lol: And I always like to see other user's maps, and their sites and what templates they use.
Re: EasyMOD. I'm sure that's it - the other MODS changed your pages' code, and so it did not match the [ FIND ] code from the Phoogle install file anymore. I always use 'EasyMOD Compliant' in quotes, because (and I can't remember which at this very moment) there either is no such official term, or it simply means the MOD will install on an unmodded, fresh install of phpbb.
freddie

Post by freddie »

superb mod, only "problem" is that i replaced the original smilies ... :)

http://friends.tactic.be/phoogle_map.php
freddie

Post by freddie »

to add "viewing phoogle map" in who is online:

open includes/constants.php
add:

('PAGE_PHOOGLE', -12);
open language/lang_english/lang_main.php:
add:

$lang['Viewing_phoogle'] = 'Viewing phoogle map';
open viewonline.php:
add (its obvious where to place it ;) )

case PAGE_PHOOGLE:
   $location = $lang['Viewing_phoogle'];
   $location_url = "phoogle_map.$phpEx";
   break;
open phoogle_map.php
and change

//
// Start session management
//
$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_PROFILE);
init_userprefs($userdata);
//
// End session management
//
into

//
//
$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_PHOOGLE);
//
//
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

freddie wrote: to add "viewing phoogle map" in who is online:

open includes/constants.php
add:

('PAGE_PHOOGLE', -12);
open language/lang_english/lang_main.php:
add:

$lang['Viewing_phoogle'] = 'Viewing phoogle map';
open viewonline.php:
add (its obvious where to place it ;) )

case PAGE_PHOOGLE:
   $location = $lang['Viewing_phoogle'];
   $location_url = "phoogle_map.$phpEx";
   break;
open phoogle_map.php
and change

//
//
$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_PROFILE);
//
//
into

//
//
$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_PHOOGLE);
//
//

That is great! Mind if I add that to the MOD release? :D
I've released a 'changed' version of v1.0.3 - see this post - I thought you might like to have it on your site.
freddie

Post by freddie »

BassFace wrote: That is great! Mind if I add that to the MOD release? :D
I've released a 'changed' version of v1.0.3 - see this post - I thought you might like to have it on your site.

i don't mind at all :lol:

changed the two new files, works perfect :)
freddie

Post by freddie »

I changed the icon a little bit to fit better with the other buttons in topicview (like msn, email, profile)

Phoogle Image - Locatie (for my board) Image
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

I made a new button, too. I guess I didn't include it in the zip??? :roll:
Last edited by BassFace on Thu May 10, 2007 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
freddie

Post by freddie »

BassFace wrote: I made a new button, too. I guess I didn't include it in the zip??? :roll:

yes it was, but the font wasn't matching ;)
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

freddie wrote:
BassFace wrote: I made a new button, too. I guess I didn't include it in the zip??? :roll:

yes it was, but the font wasn't matching ;)

ahhhh, I see 8)
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

OK, I think I'm gonna do one more release before 'closing' the features. :D If it works the way I think, it should just be file replacements again, with just an edit to the lang file to increment the version.

I want to add pagination, to only show x number of users per map page - how many to show per page will be added to the map's ACP. This is due to the massive page load times if you've got a lot of users with map points. (Somewhere in this thread is my test info for 1000 mapped users. :D Found it here) So boards with large or small memberships can run the MOD with good performance.

And I want to add checkboxes to show/hide the markers for the 3 groups, Admins/Moderators/Users.This was requested long ago, and I think I may have found out how to make it work now.

Sound good? Any 'last requests' for features before I finish development? 8O
freddie

Post by freddie »

don't know if it is possible (or uesefull :)) but maybe a searchbox to find users ? i know it is possible to click on the phoogle-icon in the profile, but then you have to switch from map to a profile and back if you want to find a user's location. (only for large boards, when you have not that many members, a searchbox is not necessary)
Wingzfan

Post by Wingzfan »

freddie wrote: don't know if it is possible (or uesefull :)) but maybe a searchbox to find users ? i know it is possible to click on the phoogle-icon in the profile, but then you have to switch from map to a profile and back if you want to find a user's location. (only for large boards, when you have not that many members, a searchbox is not necessary)

Why not just use the user list on the map page? If they arent on that list then they arent on the map anyways.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”