[BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
pjjacobs

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by pjjacobs »

permissions for certain usergroups to be able to add a marker on the map?
freddie

Post by freddie »

and option (maybe in ACP) to show all markers on the map on phoogle_map.php (normaly you see the map you select in the acp even when other memebers live in a place that is not displayed)

i'll try to explain better :) when all members live in the same neighbourhood in cananda you will see the map of the neighbourhood, but when one other member live in europe, you see an other map: from canada to europe, because all members have to be displayed.
freddie

Post by freddie »

Wingzfan wrote:
freddie wrote: don't know if it is possible (or uesefull :)) but maybe a searchbox to find users ? i know it is possible to click on the phoogle-icon in the profile, but then you have to switch from map to a profile and back if you want to find a user's location. (only for large boards, when you have not that many members, a searchbox is not necessary)

Why not just use the user list on the map page? If they arent on that list then they arent on the map anyways.

but when you have a lot of members, and the list will be split into several pages, it is maybe easier with a searchbox
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

pjjacobs wrote: permissions for certain usergroups to be able to add a marker on the map?

We've discussed this (permission and icons for Groups or Ranks) here a little bit before - it wouldn't be impossible, but it would be problematic. It would require some more complex sql to gather the usergroup names and IDs to match up to the user table, then display that on the Phoogle ACP page so the admin could select which user groups to allow. Without giving special icons to the groups it may be easier, I'll look into it some more.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

freddie wrote: don't know if it is possible (or uesefull :)) but maybe a searchbox to find users ? i know it is possible to click on the phoogle-icon in the profile, but then you have to switch from map to a profile and back if you want to find a user's location. (only for large boards, when you have not that many members, a searchbox is not necessary)

I'm not against this idea - especially if I do get the pagination to work. I just don't know how I'd do it! :lol:
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

FYI
You can use animated gif images as map markers! Image
Wingzfan

Post by Wingzfan »

I thought the list was a scroll box. It goes to pagination?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Wingzfan wrote: I thought the list was a scroll box. It goes to pagination?

As it is now, it is a scroll box, (well, a div that will auto scroll if you're on 1.0.3 with the new changed files a page or so back). I am trying to add pagination, because for larger boards the page load time would be really annoying having every mapped user get loaded.
With pagination, only x number of users (where a default x would be set in the ACP) would be loaded at a time - making a much faster map load.
davaguco
Name: DAVID AGULLO

Post by davaguco »

I don't know if this has been asked before. Sorry if it has. Are there any plans to implement this MOD on phpbb 3?
David.
English-Spanish Mod Translator. Send me a PM if you need anything translated (usually free unless you need a fixed finishing date).
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

davaguco wrote: I don't know if this has been asked before. Sorry if it has. Are there any plans to implement this MOD on phpbb 3?

Yes, I plan on it. Not until the phpbb2 version gets MODDB approval, though. :D
BassFace

Progress Report

Post by BassFace »

I've finished the Pagination and the Show 'x' users, which can be set in the ACP, and the user can select how many to show on the map page. Also finished, checkboxes to turn on/off all markers in each Group: Admins, Moderators, and Users.

Next up: Search box and User Groups (NOT Ranks :) )

BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Problem - what to do if a user is in more than one group? 8O
Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag »

BassFace wrote: Problem - what to do if a user is in more than one group? 8O

Could you have a little drop menu with the groups, then selecting it could show only the members of that group?
-Sammy
pjjacobs

Post by pjjacobs »

BassFace wrote: I've finished the Pagination and the Show 'x' users, which can be set in the ACP, and the user can select how many to show on the map page. Also finished, checkboxes to turn on/off all markers in each Group: Admins, Moderators, and Users.

Next up: Search box and User Groups (NOT Ranks :) )

well done man
Sammy Sandbag wrote:

Could you have a little drop menu with the groups, then selecting it could show only the members of that group?

agree with him on that one
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Sammy Sandbag wrote:

Yeah, I think I could get that working. :D

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”