[BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
pjjacobs

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by pjjacobs »

mikedean2 wrote:
BassFace wrote: Yep your user tania_cahill has bad coords. :cry: See the first line below. Change her coords to some real coords (ie. 45,0) and PM her to re-enter using the map.

Code: Select all

var point130 = new GLatLng(SO19 9AH);
[/quote] 

Okay, I've changed her data myself and, hey presto, the map is back. Well done (yet [b]again[/b]) for spotting it so quickly. Just one question tho - how the [i][u]hell [/u][/i]did you know it was an invalid coordinate problem, and even then on who's account it was?!?![/quote] 

its a known problem with the mod, there is a fix as mentioned above, easiest to pick it up is to click on each seperate memner aswell and see if it works
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

mikedean2 wrote:
BassFace wrote: Yep your user tania_cahill has bad coords. :cry: See the first line below. Change her coords to some real coords (ie. 45,0) and PM her to re-enter using the map.

Code: Select all

var point130 = new GLatLng(SO19 9AH);
[/quote] 

Okay, I've changed her data myself and, hey presto, the map is back. Well done (yet [b]again[/b]) for spotting it so quickly. Just one question tho - how the [i][u]hell [/u][/i]did you know it was an invalid coordinate problem, and even then on who's account it was?!?![/quote] 
Ahhh, the beauty of Firefox with Firebug installed.  8) 
[quote="BassFace"]
To easily find errors in this app, I use Firefox with the Firebug extension. It automatically shows if there's an error on a page in the bottom status bar of the browser, then you can click on that and it shows you the error in the page's source code. Very handy!
[/quote]
BassFace

v1.0.5 Released

Post by BassFace »

Hey all, here's v1.0.5. I ran through a manual fresh install with no problems. Upgrade instructions from v1.0.3 are included, but NOT tested.

As usual, please report any problems you have with either install or upgrade with as much detail as possible (screenshots are appreciated too, if applicable).

http://bassface3d.com/phoogle/phpbb_phoogle_v1.0.5.zip

Thanks everyone!!!
Bass 8)
pjjacobs

Post by pjjacobs »

Upgrade works 100%...
gansert

Post by gansert »

Just noticed that for 1.05 there are new language things to overwrite.

Are there new language messages which I can translate to German, also??! In case there is s.th. new please pm them to me or write them here , Bass ( of course only when you have time for this)

Cu
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

gansert wrote: Just noticed that for 1.05 there are new language things to overwrite.

Are there new language messages which I can translate to German, also??! In case there is s.th. new please pm them to me or write them here , Bass ( of course only when you have time for this)

Cu
I'll have to compare the v1.0.3 lang files to the v1.0.5 ones. I'll get back to you. Thanks again for doing the translations! :cool:
BassFace

Re: v1.0.5 Released

Post by BassFace »

BassFace wrote:Hey all, here's v1.0.5. I ran through a manual fresh install with no problems. Upgrade instructions from v1.0.3 are included, but NOT tested.

As usual, please report any problems you have with either install or upgrade with as much detail as possible (screenshots are appreciated too, if applicable).

Thanks everyone!!!
Bass 8)
Hey all,
So who is running v1.0.5 now and are you seeing any issues - either front end or admin side? If everything seems to be running smooth, I'll likely get this into the MODDB queue ASAP! :geek:
pjjacobs

Re: v1.0.5 Released

Post by pjjacobs »

BassFace wrote:
BassFace wrote:Hey all, here's v1.0.5. I ran through a manual fresh install with no problems. Upgrade instructions from v1.0.3 are included, but NOT tested.

Thanks everyone!!!
Bass 8)
Hey all,
So who is running v1.0.5 now and are you seeing any issues - either front end or admin side? If everything seems to be running smooth, I'll likely get this into the MODDB queue ASAP! :geek:
working hundreds man...no issues at all
Rodoom

Post by Rodoom »

I upgraded my 1.0.3 version using your latest 1.0.5 file and I have a problem, however I am not sure if its my problem (upgrading typo) or if it has to do with the mod...

http://aiesec.org.mx/boards/phoogle_map.php

The right list doesn´t show the members... you can see the markers but not the members to be selected....

Thanks, and keep up this great mod ;).

pd. It might have been discussed before, so sorry about asking this :oops:, but why did you remove the "insert your coordinates here" field? While I can see the benefits of having just the visual "locate yourself" map as coordinates input at the users profile, most of my members live in Mexico, which is not "mapped" by google maps and you can only rely on "pictures" to locate your house.. and trust me, it can be hard...
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Rodoom wrote:I upgraded my 1.0.3 version using your latest 1.0.5 file and I have a problem, however I am not sure if its my problem (upgrading typo) or if it has to do with the mod...

http://aiesec.org.mx/boards/phoogle_map.php

The right list doesn´t show the members... you can see the markers but not the members to be selected....

Thanks, and keep up this great mod ;).

pd. It might have been discussed before, so sorry about asking this :oops:, but why did you remove the "insert your coordinates here" field? While I can see the benefits of having just the visual "locate yourself" map as coordinates input at the users profile, most of my members live in Mexico, which is not "mapped" by google maps and you can only rely on "pictures" to locate your house.. and trust me, it can be hard...
Can't login - but it is most likely an editing prob from the upgrade. Are you sure you were at 1.0.3 before?
Rodoom

Post by Rodoom »

Now that you mention it... I think i was at 0.0.4... so I guess the best will be to remove the mod and do a clean 1.0.5 installation.

Thanks.
Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag »

It's been awhile since I've checked in here, the mod is looking better than ever. I'm still holding out for phpbb3 to go gold before I do anymore modding. So what's the status of this mod for v3?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work BassFace!
-Sammy
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Rodoom wrote:Now that you mention it... I think i was at 0.0.4... so I guess the best will be to remove the mod and do a clean 1.0.5 installation.

Thanks.
May be the best solution. :roll:
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Sammy Sandbag wrote:It's been awhile since I've checked in here, the mod is looking better than ever. I'm still holding out for phpbb3 to go gold before I do anymore modding. So what's the status of this mod for v3?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work BassFace!
I'm not gonna bother 'porting' this MOD to v3 until it goes gold. Too many things might change (and the devs have said as much) between the beta code and the final release. I will make a v3 version once v3 gets rolled out, though. :ugeek:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”