[BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
BassFace

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace »

Raubzwerg wrote:
Garry wrote:I just ran across a problem with this mod - while everything seems to work fine, registering a new user results in an empty page (apart from the header). I did some testing, and found that commenting out the lines:

"PHOOGLE_SCRIPT" => $userMap->printGoogleJS(),
"PHOOGLE_MAP" => $userMap->showMap(),

resulted in the new user registration working again ... as I don't get any error in either the apache loggs, nor the HTML source, I'm kinda stumped at what might be wrong here ... anybody have an idea? Without the lines, the regular edit profile doesn't show the Google Map anymore, too ... !?
Hi!

Is there any solution for this problem? I tried this mod on my phpBB2 Plus Board, but I also have exactly the same problem. It looks fine, when You are logged in - but new registrations are impossible.

Christian
Check this post http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p3059007, it's the closest thing I could find to your issue that has come up so far. If this isn't it, please post a link to your site or PM it to me and I'll have a look.
Xclavo

Post by Xclavo »

Hello! Is there a way I can change the text in the comment bubble? it is a light colour and almost blends with the bubble. :D
adn91

Post by adn91 »

Hello,

This MOD looks very fine 8-)

Do you think that it is now possible to use it on a live forum ?
Also I have 40000 members in my forum, can we have performance problem ?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Xclavo wrote:Hello! Is there a way I can change the text in the comment bubble? it is a light colour and almost blends with the bubble. :D
I think this may be the best way:
Open templates/yourTemplate/phoogle_map.tpl

At the top, find the <style> section and look for the #phoogleMap section.

add this in between the curly brackets (relpace #000000 for your desired text color)

Code: Select all

color:#000000;
So it'll look like this:

Code: Select all

#phoogleMap 
  {
	position: relative;
	height: {MAP_HEIGHT}{HEIGHT_MEASURE}; 	
	width: {MAP_WIDTH}{WIDTH_MEASURE};
	border: 4px inset #03699C;
	vertical-align: middle;
	color: #000000;
  }
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

adn91 wrote:Hello,

This MOD looks very fine 8-)

Do you think that it is now possible to use it on a live forum ?
Also I have 40000 members in my forum, can we have performance problem ?
I can't recommend that you use this on a live site, as this MOD is still in the Development section, and has not been approved by the MODDB team here at phpbb. That being said, I've had issues with other MODDB approved MODs in the past, and have some 'development' stage MODs running on my live boards with no problems. And aside from some folks with installation issues (BACKUP and BE CAREFUL while editing your files!!!), I believe many sites are using it successfully now.

The v105 version of this MOD uses pagination for displaying the user's map points, so total number of mapped users shouldn't be an issue, as they won't all display at once.
PaulusB

Post by PaulusB »

Is it possible to have a certain group thats only have access to Phoogle Map. Not the whole forum :?:
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

PaulusB wrote:Is it possible to have a certain group thats only have access to Phoogle Map. Not the whole forum :?:
Sorry, but that's not an implemented feature in this mod. :(
Millsap

Post by Millsap »

Which version would I need if I "DO WANT" all the members to be displayed on the map @ 1 time?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Millsap wrote:Which version would I need if I "DO WANT" all the members to be displayed on the map @ 1 time?
You can set the default number to display in the ACP. Just make it a larger number than your membership. ;)
Millsap

Post by Millsap »

Everything is working perfectly, except new individuals cannot register. I emailed you my usercp_register file a few days ago, for your review. The error is:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/phpBB2/includes/usercp_register.php on line 1183

site is http://trexofamerica.com/phpbb2

Thank you for your assistance and for this GREAT tool!
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Millsap wrote:Everything is working perfectly, except new individuals cannot register. I emailed you my usercp_register file a few days ago, for your review. The error is:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/phpBB2/includes/usercp_register.php on line 1183

site is http://trexofamerica.com/phpbb2

Thank you for your assistance and for this GREAT tool!
Just got your email saying it's fixed. Glad it worked for you. :)
Xclavo

Post by Xclavo »

I think that class="mainoption" should be added to the input filed thingie. the "show" "go" and the coordinates box were showing a light brackground with light text when I was using a dark theme..

so incase anyone has the same problem I had, try doing that to phoogle_map.tpl. :geek:

class="liteoption" seems to work too.
Xclavo

Post by Xclavo »

Question! BassFace, how did you get the little globe image to not show the white border? like on your forum...
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Xclavo wrote:Question! BassFace, how did you get the little globe image to not show the white border? like on your forum...
I re-made the animated gif with a dark background. :D The one in the MOD package is made for the subSilver background color.
Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag »

Hey BassFace,

Just checking in. Any chance the phpbb 3.0 version is in the works?
-Sammy

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”