[BETA] Deny Permission

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

[BETA] Deny Permission

Post by LifeIsPain »

I wanted a way keep certain people from posting in private forums, but still have them listed in the Usergroup that allows a user to view the forum, or to stop a certain person from posting in a registered area, and there wasn't a way before. I have seen several requests for this as well, so I made my first non-trivial mod.

New: If you are the board admin and are in the group, use the first option of replace, and you won't be denied.

Code: Select all

##############################################################
## MOD Title: Deny Permsission
## MOD Author: LifeIsPain <brian@orvp.net> (Brian Evans)
## MOD Description: Adds an option to a users or groups permissions settings to deny them access
##        to a given setting. This will override any setting that would give them
##        permission to do that action. The folder permission level must be set to
##        Private / ACL for you to deny someone permission. Board Adminis will not be
##        denied rights of the group.
## MOD Version: 0.6.2
##
## Installation Level: easy
## Installation Time: 5 Minutes
## Files To Edit: includes/auth.php, language/lang_english/lang_admin.php, admin/admin_ug_auth.php
## Included Files: n/a
## For Security Purposes, Please Check: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/downloads/ for the
## latest version of this MOD. Downloading this MOD from other sites could cause malicious code
## to enter into your phpBB Forum. As such, phpBB will not offer support for MOD's not offered
## in our MOD-Database, located at: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/downloads/
## Author Notes: NEW: Board Admins can be set not to be banned with the rest of the group. If you
##     need to be able to ban yourself (remember, any admin can unban himself) for some
##     reason, use the commands under [ OR ] for legacy support If you need to ban a
##     user from a setting normally for registered users, install Niels Chr. Denmark's
##     Auto Group mod as well.
## Before Adding This MOD To Your Forum, You Should Back Up All Files Related To This MOD
Download the code (1 file) here.
Last edited by LifeIsPain on Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LifeIsPain - one who needs to be smackedLife is pain, highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Nice one. Been hoping somebody would come up with this.
Defend the game:
Stain

Post by Stain »

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/stain/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php on line 141

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/stain/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php:141) in /var/www/ html/stain/admin/index.php on line 581

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/stain/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php:141) in /var/www/ html/stain/admin/index.php on line 582
:(

phpBB 2.0.3 is installed, but I have installed a Banner code mod:

// Start Banner Code 
ob_start();
require("menu.htm");
$banner = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$template->assign_vars(array('BANNER' => $banner));
// End banner code
help? :)
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Looks like there is a wee buglet in the mod...

in lang_main.php
find

$lang['Denied_Access'] = 'Denied Access;' // This is for Deny Permission Mod
replace with

$lang['Denied_Access'] = 'Denied Access'; // This is for Deny Permission Mod
Defend the game:
LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

/me scratches head

Huhm, yea, I remember when I had that error, but I had fixed it, and well, I guess I didn't get it fixed in this version here. Dope. Well, I fixed the online version now.

Oh, and it is lang_admin.php, not lang_main.php where this problem is. Just a bit of a difference.
LifeIsPain - one who needs to be smackedLife is pain, highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.
LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

Ok, I am adding this as an extra note because now, I gave the way for a board admin not to be disallowed. I want to make an option for the group leader not to be disallowed, but I can't figure out how to do that for now, but if you are admin, well, you should be able to still do admin stuff.

So the current version is 0.6.2
kkks

Post by kkks »

This MOD looks good to me.
Just a question, can I use this MOD to deny one particular user from POSTING, but still able to VIEW and READ ?
SillyDog701: Netscape Browser Archive | Browser Version Guide | Message Centre | MacCentre701
MozInfo - Mozilla Information Centre
LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

Yes, this was my primary intent when I created the mod. Once again, I find this a very usefull addition to the Auto Group mod. You will need to create a Group for every user (more details can be found here) and then you will be able to deny that one user the ability to post.
kkks

Post by kkks »

Okay, it is just what I need.
I will install it once I clean out other stuffs.
SillyDog701: Netscape Browser Archive | Browser Version Guide | Message Centre | MacCentre701
MozInfo - Mozilla Information Centre
Jorden

Post by Jorden »

Can this MOD be set per forum, or will it override the ability to post in all forums at once?
LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

The pemissions layout of the board stays the same. So you will have to set each forum individually (so you would just be denying from one forum at a time)
Carpe Diem

Post by Carpe Diem »

Hello Lifeispain!

Thank you for the mod. I was having a couple of questions here:

1. When you say "if you're an admin and are in the group, use the FIRST OPTION of replace".. do you mean the part that says:

#
#-----[ OR ]------------------------------------------
#
switch($type)
{
	case AUTH_ACL:
		$result = $u_access[$j][$key];

case AUTH_MOD:
		$result = $result | $u_access[$j]['auth_mod'];

case AUTH_ADMIN:
		$result = $result | $is_admin;
		break;
}

$auth_user = $auth_user | $result;
Because if I understand you correctly, this would be the FIRST OPTION to the regular replace frase... am I correct?

Also, I have the junor admin mod installed (That is not the same as the super moderator mod or the extended super moderator mod); it can be found here.

My question is, since this mod is not integrated in the regular auth system like all/reg/mod/admin choices, is there still a way to also give a junior admin the same rights as a regular admin?

Thx a lot in advance!
LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

The first option would have been the part before the #---[ OR ]----- (now a depricated command) and is what should be used to stay in line with how the admin feature works. As far as Junior Admin, I briefly looked at the code, and you would be able to deny them access to a forum using this method.
Carpe Diem

Post by Carpe Diem »

LifeIsPain wrote: The first option would have been the part before the #---[ OR ]----- (now a depricated command) and is what should be used to stay in line with how the admin feature works. As far as Junior Admin, I briefly looked at the code, and you would be able to deny them access to a forum using this method.

Thank you very much for your quick reply!
:)
Keito-kun

Post by Keito-kun »

When I installed this mod, I couldn't see any of my forums.
Do I have to config in the admin-panel before normal users can see the forums?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”