[BETA] Tetris MOD v2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Napoleon

[BETA] Tetris MOD v2.0

Post by Napoleon »

Tetris MOD v2.0

New features include :
  • Allowance MOD v2.0
    • - ACP Configuration
      - Point System Toggle
      - Daily, Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly Allowance System
      - Forum Reward/Charge System
      - Rank Reward System
      - Signature Charge System
    - Tetris MOD v2.0
    • - ACP Configuration
      - TopTen Highest Scores List
      - Highscore Editing
      - Definable Charges
      - Definable Highscore Bonus
      - Music On/Off switch for players.
Mini-FAQ
  • - I will not help anyone that does not provide a link for me to see if thier forum has the php(c) at the bottom.

- Why don't you fully support the Point System MOD? Click Here.

- v2.0 you also have to change the phpbb2 directory path in the tetris.js file and tetris_body.tpl

- Games that lockup and have no sound usually means that the gamelib*.js files are in the wrong directory. Please make sure that they are in [/games/gamelib/gamelib*.js] The gamelib.zip file holds them in : [/gamelib/gamelib/gamelib/gamelib*.js] so they have to be moved.

- If your game encounters severe slow down then change your cache settings to Automatically check for new versions of stored pages.

- If your TopTen list isn't updating right then please reset it with the Player Name as No Highscore with a score of 0.

- List of files that you do not have to edit if you use the Point System MOD.
    • - index.php
      - privmsg.php
      - functions_post.php
      - admin_ranks.php
      - rank_list_body.tpl
      - rank_edit_body.tpl
Bug Fixes
  • - I'm having trouble setting up Tetris with the Point System. Its not letting me play but I have enough money. : Download this. Its a Default setup already done for subSilver. Both reward systems work. Just change the directories from demobb to your own forum directory.

- Edit users Token amount : view this
    - No Confirmation Bug : view this
    - Payday Bug : view this
    - Sig Charge Bug : view this
    - TopTen List is always empty : view this
    - using the Point System MOD but things aren't displaying right? view this
Last edited by Napoleon on Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:51 am, edited 17 times in total.
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Not bad, I like the new Admin section although I'm thinking now I would be to more benefit to take out the "Points system" integration and use the built-in system. Not even sure If I followed everything correctly and with the ranks part it got kinda confusing which to actually do and not do in the file edit(s) if points system or not. Another thing I noticed is somewhere you've made the call to User_money field which I believe is meant for your built-in as opposed to using User_points and I can't remember what I might have changed to get something to work now :? Maybe I should just remove and start from scratch :roll:

One thing that has me puzzled now. I played more than 3 games and with the new "Top scores list" which I do like, I was able to list 3 top scores which now that I remember I believe were higher each time (new game) thus why they showed up ? as now no more of my games are filling out this list (7 open slots yet) so maybe it requires you to actually beat the current High Score? I thought it was supposed to record the highest 10 scores as in other games no matter what the score as long as it is of Top 10 material?
WL

Post by WL »

do you got screenshots?

I don't know exact what this mod is... and tetris is fun =)

Is it that you can play webbased tetris? and has it MP to play 1vs1 :D
Cyber_Chaos

Post by Cyber_Chaos »

at my site when i go into the game it just shows some sidebars. Then i click on them and choose properties and it says: www.debat.fastweb.dk/phpbb2/games/tetris/bar-bh.gif... But my phpbb2 is direct at www.debat.fastweb.dk
ilpil

Post by ilpil »

I get the same window as Cyber-Chaos i think, just som broken images to the left, with the adress http://localhost/phpbb2/bar-lv.gif etc, I use "forums" as my path so I changed Every "phpbb2" path there was in those files to "forums". It's still searching for the "phpbb2" though...

And.. I wonder if it's possible to integrate the "Donation"-system thats in the points system to this mod, and if its possible to use decimals in the rewards/charges?

Thanks.
Cyber_Chaos

Post by Cyber_Chaos »

i have found out that you can change it in tetris.jss or something like that! Just search for /phpbb2 and change it to what it should say.

But i have another problem. When people have 10 points (as I call them), they should be able to play. They can. But i only have 2 points but i can still play. Does that sound odd or what?
ilpil

Post by ilpil »

Yep I've already changed every "phpbb2" line to "forums". Still giving the path to the img /phpbb2/
melindeth

Not working

Post by melindeth »

Had the first version working fine. However, after installing the new (2.0) it won't advance when I complete a line. Iv'e let it sit for 10 minutes thinking maybe it was me but no go. Please advise...
Friends are like wedgies. They are intimately close. They know your inner-self. And it feels good when you pick out a good one!
DanielT
Former Team Member

Post by DanielT »

advice;

you sig is breaking the rules plz remove all animation from it

:)
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

LaZeR wrote: Not bad, I like the new Admin section although I'm thinking now I would be to more benefit to take out the "Points system" integration and use the built-in system. Not even sure If I followed everything correctly and with the ranks part it got kinda confusing which to actually do and not do in the file edit(s) if points system or not. Another thing I noticed is somewhere you've made the call to User_money field which I believe is meant for your built-in as opposed to using User_points and I can't remember what I might have changed to get something to work now :? Maybe I should just remove and start from scratch :roll:

One thing that has me puzzled now. I played more than 3 games and with the new "Top scores list" which I do like, I was able to list 3 top scores which now that I remember I believe were higher each time (new game) thus why they showed up ? as now no more of my games are filling out this list (7 open slots yet) so maybe it requires you to actually beat the current High Score? I thought it was supposed to record the highest 10 scores as in other games no matter what the score as long as it is of Top 10 material?

The activity.php file updates the user_money or user_points depending on what you have set. So you shouldn't have to change anything that says user_money unless your converting the Allowance MOD to work with the point system.

The ranks instructions confuzed the crap out of me too. ;) Basically your ranks table now has a new field called rank_reward. If you have the point system toggled on, then it becomes useless.

The highscores will not update unless you beat the current highscore, I'll probably change that in an update so it'll upgrade the list if its empty. :)
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

WL wrote: do you got screenshots?

I don't know exact what this mod is... and tetris is fun =)

Is it that you can play webbased tetris? and has it MP to play 1vs1 :D

OOoooo Multi-Player is a good idea. :D If you want a demo of it then you can check it out at my forum, you'll have to register first because I haven't made any anon checking yet and the anon user would look silly in the highscore. ;) Your account will get deleted in 77 dayz if you don't call back. Oh yea, the site will be down over th weeked, so you might want to check it out Nov 1st or check it out on LaZeR's board. :)
Last edited by Napoleon on Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Cyber_Chaos wrote: at my site when i go into the game it just shows some sidebars. Then i click on them and choose properties and it says: www.debat.fastweb.dk/phpbb2/games/tetris/bar-bh.gif... But my phpbb2 is direct at www.debat.fastweb.dk

I tried to register at your site to see whats going on but got an error : Could not insert data into user table. 8O But it sounds like I forgot to tell you to change all the phpbb2 directory names in the tetris.js file and tetris_body.tpl file. :oops:
Napoleon

Re: Not working

Post by Napoleon »

melindeth wrote: Had the first version working fine. However, after installing the new (2.0) it won't advance when I complete a line. Iv'e let it sit for 10 minutes thinking maybe it was me but no go. Please advise...

Your sites broke too. :cry: I have no idea on that, did you over write all the files from v1.0 and did you use the gk_upgrade.php to install it? Also did you edit anything in the tetris.js file?
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Napoleon wrote: The highscores will not update unless you beat the current highscore, I'll probably change that in an update so it'll upgrade the list if its empty. :)

8) That would be real cool! Btw, I've redone it from scratch (to make sure I had everything in order -EX: no money to points manual edits, ect...) and switched now to use the allowance system since you put so much work into it, I think this way is actually better now than just intergrating to the points mod :) , and I've figured out how the ranks thing works now which is sorta cool also as it gives further rewards you assign per rank achieved. Good work and looking forward to more games to slip in to "Activities" :wink: I'm more than happy to test any future developments if you need :wink:
Iron-Monkey

Post by Iron-Monkey »

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there anyway that you can make this work on the laptop? I am using it on the laptop but cannot move the pieces because it only has the arrow keys and even when I pressed on the number keys on the top of my keyboard, it does not do anything. On the desktop computer I was able to play because it has the number key pad.

2. How come the game is so slow. I have a decent computer with 650 Mhz Pentium 3 with 256 kb of RAM and 8 MB of video graphic card.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”