[BETA] Tetris MOD v2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Acecool

Post by Acecool »

Ok Ive found this bug

I am charging 25 "cents" to play tetris

when you have 1000 "cents" it says you do not have enough to play

when will this be fixed and how can we identify what version we have and how to upgrade :-P
Visit Acecoolco.com :: Image

If you plan on contacting me, please read this: Legal Terms & Conditions
melindeth

Kudos

Post by melindeth »

Kudos to Napoleon for taking time out and chasing down each and every bug! He didn't have to but he visited my website regularly and found the bug and PMed me the fix. (a simple one that I should have looked for but didn't). It's people like him that make phpbb the best forum one can use!
Friends are like wedgies. They are intimately close. They know your inner-self. And it feels good when you pick out a good one!
melindeth

Fix

Post by melindeth »

On the cents bug, check tetris.php and make sure the user_points is just that. Napoleon has it looking for user_point.
Friends are like wedgies. They are intimately close. They know your inner-self. And it feels good when you pick out a good one!
NuKeCoDeR

Post by NuKeCoDeR »

Anytime I put the cost (Tokens) above 1 it doesn't let anyone play. Even If they have enough tokens.

Code: Select all

Hey! you dont have enough tokens! 
This game requires 2 Tokens. 
You currently have 15, come back when u have more.
Are there any fixes for this?
NuKeCoDeR

Post by NuKeCoDeR »

1. It there anyway I could create a Pause button, or a key?
2. Users are getting tokens without even getting a highscore, they just play and get 100's of tokens! I've got one user with over 1,000 tokens???
Iron-Monkey

Post by Iron-Monkey »

NuKeCoDeR wrote: Anytime I put the cost (Tokens) above 1 it doesn't let anyone play. Even If they have enough tokens.

Are there any fixes for this?

I think a lot of people have this problem. I have this problem myself and have not been able to fix it yet.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Acecool wrote: Ok Ive found this bug

I am charging 25 "cents" to play tetris

when you have 1000 "cents" it says you do not have enough to play

when will this be fixed and how can we identify what version we have and how to upgrade :-P

Thats new. :? Maybe you should use Euro's. :lol: J/K

I'm guessing that your using the Points MOD installation part?
Also are all of your users getting this or just some?
And did Melindeths advice fix it? :wink:

The next update will have a version number in the popup window. Next to the Forum Name. The old version used to have "GigaKnight Tetris" but now it looks like "Your_Forum_Name Tetris v2.03"
Last edited by Napoleon on Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Napoleon

Re: Kudos

Post by Napoleon »

melindeth wrote: Kudos to Napoleon for taking time out and chasing down each and every bug! He didn't have to but he visited my website regularly and found the bug and PMed me the fix. (a simple one that I should have looked for but didn't). It's people like him that make phpbb the best forum one can use!

Thanx for taking the time to come here and pat me on the back. :D
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

NuKeCoDeR & Iron-Money wrote:

The fix for this is here, and now its also in the first post. ;)
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

NuKeCoDeR wrote: 1. It there anyway I could create a Pause button, or a key?

Yup, you need to know how ASCii keys werk and then edit the tetris.js file. Add a new "else if (nKey== || ieKey ==)" where you want to look for a pause but and also have a routine that will pause the game. This would be a neat feature but probably won't get added until all the previous bugs have been worked out.
NuKeCoDeR wrote: 2. Users are getting tokens without even getting a highscore, they just play and get 100's of tokens! I've got one user with over 1,000 tokens???

This might be from how high you set the Highscore bonus. If its set to something like 1000 and a user plays for the first time, gets a score of 100 / 1 line then they would get 1000 tokens. Unless you've installed the allowance system, if so then you need to fix the bug in your payday routine. This can be found here.
Acecool

Post by Acecool »

erm

ALSO

you need to update PLINKOS

to moneyname or whatever

look around in the HELP in the popup :-)

no I am not using points mod, your allowance mod rules tho :-)

any fixes for 1000 "cents" bug on allowance system?
Visit Acecoolco.com :: Image

If you plan on contacting me, please read this: Legal Terms & Conditions
Iron-Monkey

Post by Iron-Monkey »

Napoleon wrote:
NuKeCoDeR & Iron-Money wrote:

The fix for this is here, and now its also in the first post. ;)

What did you fix? I tried it and it still gave me the same problem of not being able to play when I have enough points. :(
TStodden

Post by TStodden »

I tested it out on someone's board & I was wondering if it can get the game modified to conform to regulation Tetris playfields which are (W x H):

10 x 20 Standard (like Nintendo / PC)
8 x 16 Compact (like Gameboy / PDA)
~TS
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Acecool wrote: Hey should I release the gray borders?

I can make a few dif colors for ppl if they want, napolean maybe then u could release with the mod :-) with a color selector and style selector in the main thing

That would KooL! Might have to make the window a lil bigger to squeeze in the drop box though. If anyone else would like this then post it, if it gets alot of support then I'll include it. :D
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

TStodden wrote: I tested it out on someone's board & I was wondering if it can get the game modified to conform to regulation Tetris playfields which are (W x H):

10 x 20 Standard (like Nintendo / PC)
8 x 16 Compact (like Gameboy / PDA)

Actually after all the bugz get werked out, I was gonna add new features. One of them was a Table size defined by the site admin that way some sites could have a Super Tetris (40x40?). Plus new speed features so the game would increase speed faster instead of speeding up at level 100. In that update you could setup the table for those sizes but it won't be due out until all the bugz have been fixed. In the mean time if you want to fiddle with the table sizes now, there located in the tetris.js file. I'm purrty sure this is all you would have to mess with, but I could be wrong. :wink:

b = new Array();

for (var i=0; i<=25; i++)
{
  b[i] = new Array();
  for (var j=0; j<16; j++)
  {
    b[i][j] = 0;
  }
}

for (var i=0;i<=25;i++)
{
  b[i][0] = 1;
  b[i][1] = 1;
  b[i][14] = 1;
  b[i][15] = 1;
}

for (var j=0;j<=15;j++)
{
  b[0][j] = 1;
  b[1][j] = 1;
  b[23][j] = 1;
  b[24][j] = 1;
  b[25][j] = 1;
}
Now if you break your game playing with this, then re-install it. {I hate that sentance} But since table resizing isn't supported yet, its not considered a new bug. :wink: If you get it working then please let me know how along with your code that way I can include it with credits. Plus you would be saving me alot of werk. :P

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”