[ABD] Quiz MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Napoleon

[ABD] Quiz MOD

Post by Napoleon »

I can no longer support this MOD due to my new work schedule. Sawie everyone. If anyone wishes to take over the development of this MOD then please start a new topic stating so. The only thing that I request is that you keep me listed in the install file as the original author while including my current email address, like so ::

Code: Select all

Original Author :: Christopher Moore "Napoleon" neon_de_leon@yahoo.com
This can be placed within the notes section so as not to screw up the MOD template.

Please also contact me via email stating that you are taking it over so I can forward all questions concerning this MOD, to your email account.
Last edited by Napoleon on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
surtin3xposed

Post by surtin3xposed »

Will this work with the Points Mod?
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Yep.
Worthalter

Post by Worthalter »

When you need a Beta-tester post here or send me a PM
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Well I already got two, I guess a couple more couldn't hurt. :) Anyone else wanna beta this MOD?
Iron-Monkey

Post by Iron-Monkey »

Yeah, me...I want to test it.

Before you dive into this, I want to give a suggestion just in case this needs a new table.

Are you going to make it so the the questions can contain choices with images? I don't know if images will require another table, but I thought I mention it.
Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

ill beta too if u need me i think this mod will rock0rz
surtin3xposed

Post by surtin3xposed »

I'll test too... if it isn't full or something
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Whoa, okay we got enough beta testers. ;) Now we need to discuss design issues. Images would be a neat option but not a forced one that way if site admins didn't want one they wouldn't Have to make one. I was also thinking of having a charge reward system with each question/ quiz topic and maybe a bonus for getting all answers right.
ilpil

Post by ilpil »

One idea would be to record the time it takes to finish alla the questions in one quiz, and then calculate the points with the time also. So users just can't search for the answers or something like that ;)
Worthalter

Post by Worthalter »

If you can, keep in mind this features

WishList:
* Quiz Timeout: Seteable by admin or the owner of the quiz. (like the pools).

* Create tournaments: For ansewer the quiz the user MUST need X points and when he/she finished donate the points to the who response all answers right. If any user get all ansewers right the points be in Stand By waiting for an user. If more than an user "win" the points be "splited".

* Users can create user if admin authorize it: User can create a Quiz next an admin can hold, accpet, or deny it.

its that for now
_CuRe_

Post by _CuRe_ »

Sounds good.
Gonzo the Sane

Post by Gonzo the Sane »

Would it be possible to turn off the points system. Its just not everyone has it yet they still might want a quiz.

Basically I would like a quiz like the current set up (4 answers, 3 are wrong) but when you submit your score gets added into a high score table.

The timeout idea is cool. Also would it be possible to link all the quiz totals. For instance if you got 5 in quiz A, 5 in quiz B and 2 in quiz C it would not only show your scores for each quiz but also a combined score
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

This sounds great.

Good to see people looking for practical ways to make use of the Points mod - it has incredible potential on interactivity on our forums!!
You can have it all if you like... but you can pay for it the rest of your life.
Brandons
I am too lazy to register

Post by Brandons »

Yeah -- Few Ideas To Integrate If Possible

1) At end the of the quiz show the top 100 highest scorers.. Soo.. (Membername, Date/Time Taken, Answers Correct)

2) Make It So A Quiz Cannot Be Taken Twice By Same Member

3) Make It So It Could Be Possible For The Admin To Generate Say.. 5 Different Quizes Running All At The Same Time.. And Maybe A Quiz Index Menu That Would Show The Names of The Quizes Available To Choose From & The # of Times Each One Has Been Taken

4) Configurable Choice About How Many Points To Charge To Take Quiz & Configurable Amount To Reward Per Correct Answer

-----
Just Ideas Though :) Thanks For Doing This Napolean
Bonus Idea Sounds Good For All Right :)

As Far As Design.. Just Regular Phpbb Template Look Would Be Fine

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”