[ABD] Quiz MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Actually, you can download it here. :wink: If you want step by step updates about Gk MOD's then go here.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

thewizard wrote: would be great if there is a way to approve a quiz before it is available to the forum goeers

Thats already been, it'll use the new Active switch. A Quizie won't show up unless the Admin makes the Quizie Active in the ACP. This was Admins can also add a quiz without users trying to take it in the middle of creation.
romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Post by romans1423 »

Any possible way to get this MOD except without any form of reward system built into it? It's not really needed; I just need a way to track scores, not reward users... Or am I misunderstanding the first install file?

Thanks.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Yup. It's been requested alot so now there will be a stand alone Quiz MOD. Same thing with the Tetris MOD. You will need the Activity MOD which will also be seperate but thats to install games into your forums using only one php file to control the Topten scores & activity links. It also has a small ACP that helps toggle things on/off, reset the Topten list, edit the Topten list, etc... I should have it all done purrty soon. :D
romans1423

Post by romans1423 »

Can't wait to see it, and thanks for being patient with my probably already asked requests! :) Much appreciated!
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

No prob, I've been working on this all day and it looks like it won't need the Activity MOD after all. :D Mainly because the new highscore system will display scores for every Quiz instead of combining all the Quiz scores togther. So it'll need a different Highscore editor instead of the one that comes with the Activity MOD.
romans1423

Post by romans1423 »

Won't even need the Activity MOD? Hey, that's even better! (I've used the Activity MOD and the Tetris one, and I love them, but I don't think they fit my current project too well. :))
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Well the Tetris MOD will require the Activity MOD but now the Activity MOD dosen't come with the Allowance MOD. So far I have it setup where you add a couple lines of code to any Java based game and then "Add Game" in the Activity MOD. This will make any game have a Topten list plus charge/reward users. However the charge/reward methods, & gamelib are now optional so now people who don't have nor want a Point or Allowance MOD no longer have to have one installed to have games interact with there forums. But the support is still there for people who do want these rewards systems. :wink:
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

I've been following along, but have missed this. the version I have doesn't allow for mods or users to make quizes, is there a version out where you can do that now?
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

This hasn't been released yet as I'm still making it.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

.:NOTE:.
Due to a new Announcement and Board Policy #5, you can now view up to date information about this and other MOD's that I have made within my forums. You do not have to login to read or download anything infact you can remain completly anonymous as long as you wish or you can contact me via E-Mail. I will continue to keep updates going on here but they will be toned down to once a week.
MissNegativity

Post by MissNegativity »

Hmm forgive me if I missed it, but this Quiz mod will allow admins to create text-based quizes upon which members can earn points thru correct answers?
thewizard

Post by thewizard »

yes miss negativity... im waiting for the choice between awarding points or awarding items w00t 8)
MissNegativity

Post by MissNegativity »

Ohh nice nice, I'd love to have this mod then ^.^ Another wonderful idea to make a phpbb forum more lively.
DuffBeer

Post by DuffBeer »

This area is considered off limits to you. If you have be directed here by GigaKnight then please send us an E-mail with a description on how you came to this page. Thank you for reading

E-mail : support@gigaknight.com
Webpage : www.gigaknight.com

excuse me for a minute...
d'oh!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”