[ABD] Quiz MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
cinder

Post by cinder »

ohh I wanted to do something neat. Have some sort of a prize at the end (connected with the item mod) and whoever completes the quiz correctly gets it. And they only get one shot to get them all right or else they can't take the test until an hour has passed let's say.
cinder

Post by cinder »

(oops, forgot to include to the top post ^)

A time limit too!
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Sorry for the delays, I'm in the middle of switching domain names and setting up a webhost, but I am still working on this MOD. The user interface is almost done, theres just a few more bugs to work out. I haven't implemented the items reward just yet nor the timed event because I figured that the user interface and moderator menu's were more important. There will also be a better topten scoring method where you can check the topten per Quizie rather than a combined topten. The download link has also been fixed.
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

you can count on me for testing =)
MissNegativity

Post by MissNegativity »

Hmm I've installed your quiz mod using install3.txt because I have the point system installed. However I get the following error when I try to bring up my forum:

Parse error: parse error in /*******/constants.php on line 125
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table '********.CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 176
File : /********/forum/common.php
DaBrightE

Post by DaBrightE »

MissNegativity wrote: Hmm I've installed your quiz mod using install3.txt because I have the point system installed. However I get the following error when I try to bring up my forum:

Parse error: parse error in /*******/constants.php on line 125
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table '********.CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 176
File : /********/forum/common.php

Check-out line 125 of your constants.php file: seems like a typo to me, i.e. you probably have a hyphen too many (or too little)...
MissNegativity

Post by MissNegativity »

Weee it works! Thank you ^.^
Markybear

Post by Markybear »

I edited and uploaded the files for the quiz mod onto my board. I continued to follow the instruction by uploading the install file, run and then delete. I uploaded it, ran it and got a message saying I was banned from my board. It never did add the tables to my phpmyadmin area.

What exactly do I need to do to get the install file to actually insert the tables into my phpmyadmin?

Any help would be appreciated. I will add them in manually but why have an install file when it bans you from your own board? :lol:
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

8O Whoa! That's a new one. LOL! You can find the tables you need in the install file. :wink: I wish I could help you with the command to install the Quiz MOD through phpMyAdmin, but the tables I currently have won't work for you. I'm in the middle of updating it now. :P As for the install file banning you, that's weird. It dosen't have anything to do with that part of phpbb. Of course I can't speak for the hacked version, haven't even seen it yet.
Markybear

Post by Markybear »

Yeah i thought that it telling me I was banned was odd. Well, At first I thought someone broke into my admin area, but then realized it was the install file. Its in German and looking for someone who can translate it for me. :lol: I'm German but never been there.

Thanks for replying and offering to help. I'll install the tables manually.
Markybear

Post by Markybear »

Can someone translate the German parts into American English please? I would really appreciate it.

INSERT INTO " . QUIZ_CONFIG_TABLE . " VALUES ('quizbot_id', '2'),
('forum_id', '1'),
('next_quiz', '" . ( time() - 3600 ) . "'),
('next_quiz_step', '1'),
('next_quiz_step_mode', '1'),
('disable', '1'),
('subject', 'Quiz Frage #{NUM} ...'),
('message', 'Und hier die neue Quiz-Frage:\r\n{QUIZ}'),
('subject2', 'Quiz beantwortet'),
('message2', 'Die Quiz-Frage wurde von {USERNAME} richtig beantwortet.\r\nDas Quiz wurde beendet.'),
('subject3', 'Fehler'),
('message3', 'Aus technischen Gründen wurde die Antwort von {USERNAME} irrtümlich als richtig markiert. Wir bitten dies zu entschuldigen.\r\nDas Quiz wird nicht wiedereröffnet und bleibt beendet. \r\n'),
wietse

Post by wietse »

My german isn't THAT good (since I am dutch :)), but I hope this will give you a good start, maybe you can edit it yourself a bit further...

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO " . QUIZ_CONFIG_TABLE . " VALUES ('quizbot_id', '2'), 
('forum_id', '1'), 
('next_quiz', '" . ( time() - 3600 ) . "'), 
('next_quiz_step', '1'), 
('next_quiz_step_mode', '1'), 
('disable', '1'), 
('subject', 'Quiz Question #{NUM} ...'), 
('message', And here the new quiz question:\r\n{QUIZ}'), 
('subject2', 'Quiz answered'), 
('message2', 'The Quiz questions from [i]{USERNAME}[/i] we're answered correctly.\r\nThe Quiz will be ended.'), 
('subject3', 'Wrong'), 
('message3', 'For technical reasons will the question from [i]{USERNAME}[/i] not be tolerated. We're sorry.\r\nThe Quiz will be closed and won't be reopened. \r\n')
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Markybear

Post by Markybear »

Thank you for translating that. It helped big time. :)

I do have another problem with the quiz mod. I got all but one of the files installed on my board. I am getting an error when I try to make a post. I narrowed it down to the posting.php file, but if someone else had problems with this part of the install instructions when having to edit your posting.php file, could you post and let me know. I would really appreciate it.

I did find an error in the Lang_admin.php instructions part and fixed it, but I haven't a clue about the posting.php file. I can't post the message i get cause it just has a message saying no post specified. When I should be getting a reply box. :lol:
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

Very good mod , works fine for me with 2.0.4 .
If someone is interesting in french translation , I will have done it soon .
Many thanks Napoleon :!:
wietse

Post by wietse »

You might want to check the creator's website: http://www.inetangel.com (by Napoleon). He might be able to help more specifically!
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”