[ABD] Quiz MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Okay so far Beta testers are :
  • Brandons
    LaZeR
    Worthalter
    Iron-Monkey
    Xiph3r
    surtin3exposed

If I forgot anyone then send me a PM and this'll get updated. ;)

and a whishlist of :
  • - Admin Panel Setup

- Time routines [This won't be hard in php]

- A Top Players list. I don't about top 100, maybe this should be definable by the site admin.

- A Quiz Limit Toggle

- Charge Reward system

- Tournament play [Use the Group feature for Teams?]

- User created Quizes. I don't know about this one. There might be a majory security flaw found later that would allow users to mess with the Admin Panel. If I can come up with a way to make it 100% Fool proof, then maybe. For this users could just post a request in the Forums and get a Vote/Poll result from it plus it would make it safer for the Site Admin and also generate some activity in the forums. ;)

- Optional Images with questions
I think I have plenty to make a Beta version now, version 0.1.0 Will be out in a couple of dayz. At that time I will post a message asking all Beta tester to send me a PM so I can send them a Link. If you have any more questions then feel free to post them. :)
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Gonzo the Sane wrote: Would it be possible to turn off the points system. Its just not everyone has it yet they still might want a quiz.

Basically I would like a quiz like the current set up (4 answers, 3 are wrong) but when you submit your score gets added into a high score table.

The timeout idea is cool. Also would it be possible to link all the quiz totals. For instance if you got 5 in quiz A, 5 in quiz B and 2 in quiz C it would not only show your scores for each quiz but also a combined score

Yea you'll be able to turn the Point System off, the totals part is needed so yea that'll be included as well.
CyberCupid

Post by CyberCupid »

Looking forward to its release :D
HealthyRomance.com (Brand New)

Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

im all exicted
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

CyberCupid wrote: Looking forward to its release :D

Me too. :lol: In a couple more dayz I'll hopefully have a beta version done.
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Sounds good. I'm assuming this can be tied into the "Activities" page :?: Although this may make it a little funky with the Tetris HS list there, hrmm, I'm brainstorming :idea:
Worthalter

Post by Worthalter »

LaZeR wrote: Sounds good. I'm assuming this can be tied into the "Activities" page :?: Although this may make it a little funky with the Tetris HS list there, hrmm, I'm brainstorming :idea:

oh no, I think, for example: The user dont have tetris mod or another what uses activity, he/she need to install, configurate and other things of a MOD´ER.

IMHO the name files should be:

quiz.php -> For main activities.
quiz.tpl -> Template of main activities
admin/admin/admin_quiz.php -> Admin Area
templates/subSilver/admin/admin_quiz.php -> Template for admin area

It´s only my opinion
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

The activity.php file dosen't need the tetris MOD to run, it works the other way. :) The TopTen template is universal for future MOD's, it's basiclly {NAME1} & {SCORE1} so that could also be used. You also wouldn't need anything from tetris, or the allowance MOD. Its mainly just used to figure out where everything goes, tells other users where that user is, etc... The file names will be the same that you listed below except you forgot the "body" part. ;) ie :
  • quiz.php => Main grunt werk
    quiz_body.tpl => Main Quiz Template.
I still want to keep everything standard subSilver since thats what everyone knows. I'd also like to make all of my MOD's official phpbb MOD's so some of them I'll have to rewrite at a later date. But thats my personal agenda. :P As for the quiz MOD I finally got the admin panel working, so I might have a working Beta sooner than I thought. :D
surtin3xposed

Post by surtin3xposed »

So has this mod been given to the testers or is it still being worked on heavily or something... sleeeep... 8O
Brandons
I am too lazy to register

Post by Brandons »

awesome is moving along so fast napolean.

appreciate your dilegence and dedication towards creation of this mod :)
Korak

Post by Korak »

I totally agree with the post above!
I'm very much looking forward to the release of this mod.
.:Korak | www.eskobar.nu
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Thanx guys but its no trouble when you love to code for a hobby. ;) Also the beta version hasn't been released yet, maybe in another day, so far I have the Quiz Topic/Options editing done, just have to put in a delete command for the questions to the topic and also a display page for the users to use the quiz. :)
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Excellent! Sounds like your hooking it up nicely 8) I am also still looking forward to this :wink:
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Right now I'm having a bit of trouble with adding questions to a Quiz and getting the users response. Once I get that all figured out I'll finally have a somewhat werking Beta for the Beta Testers.
John-KiaX

Post by John-KiaX »

cool ! ! !

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”