[ABD] Quiz MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Okay, i'll be releasing this to the beta testers in another day or so but first I need to get some info from them.

1) Do you plan on testing this on a demo board first?

2) How many of you need an install.php file for the db's?
-- The install file would only take a few minutes.

This MOD like the last one will use the Point System & Allowance System. I need testers for both but not at the same time so...

3) Who wants to test the Points? Who wants to test Allowance?
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Napoleon wrote: Okay, i'll be releasing this to the beta testers in another day or so but first I need to get some info from them.

Probably not, I'll just backup my files as usual and cross my fingers :lol:
2) How many of you need an install.php file for the db's?

Not me :wink:
This MOD like the last one will use the Point System & Allowance System. I need testers for both but not at the same time so...

3) Who wants to test the Points? Who wants to test Allowance?

Probably the Allowance system although I could test both or either 8)
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

LaZeR wrote: Probably not, I'll just backup my files as usual and cross my fingers :lol:

KooL, this'll help cacthing any new installation issues. Just hope your board dosen't look like mine afterwards. :lol:
LaZeR wrote: Probably the Allowance system although I could test both or either 8)

Me too. 8) So we've got two testers for the PSM/ASM.
Worthalter

Post by Worthalter »

Napoleon wrote: Okay, i'll be releasing this to the beta testers in another day or so but first I need to get some info from them.

I've got a test board @ http://www.worthalter.org/puerto/test and also my "oficial" board at http://www.puerto-digital.com.ar
Only in the oficial board have de Points_system mod so I´m going to the beta at http://www.puerto-digital.com.ar
Napoleon wrote: 2) How many of you need an install.php file for the db's?

Not me 8)
Napoleon wrote: This MOD like the last one will use the Point System & Allowance System. I need testers for both but not at the same time so...

I´m only have the points system but if you need I can install any other MOD or add on.
Napoleon wrote: 3) Who wants to test the Points? Who wants to test Allowance?

Points!!!
Iron-Monkey

Post by Iron-Monkey »

Points system for me.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Quick Update : This is taking longer than I thought. Mainly because I've confuzed myself silly with the id's that were needed. But now its starting to look good. Here was the problem, The main Quiz Topic needed a topic and then questions had to be identified to this topic. However Answers needed to be linked with the questions. So I took care of this by making three tables, each with a main id. The questions table also has an extra id field which records which Quiz Topic it belongs to. The answers work the same way but record wich Question they belong to.

Reason for this : This is so an Admin could setup a Quiz Topic with unlimited questions / answers. Basically in your ACP you'll be able to add a new Quiz, edit that quiz and Add questions to it. It works like how the Ranks System works. If you want a new Rank you just add a new one. In the question editor you'll be able to add as many possible answers to the question as you see fit. There will also be a radio toggle so you can click on which answer is the right answer. This won't be shown to users until they finish the quiz. ;)

Extra Info : Theres also slots for charging/rewarding users per Quiz Topic, Question, and Answer. This will help in configuring your quiz charging methods. If you only want to charge/reward per quiz then you can. If you want to take it a step further then you can also charge/reward for each question answered. Theres also a Bonus slot if you wish to reward your users for completing the quiz with all questions answered correctly.

If anyone else has any ideas that haven't been posted here, then please list them now so they can be included when all the hard stuff has been done. ;)
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

This is going to be great! :D
_CuRe_

Post by _CuRe_ »

kool stuff, I might test it also.
Brandons
I am too lazy to register

Post by Brandons »

hows it coming Napolean?
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Almost done, I need to cleanup a few things and write down some installation instructions. So far its lookin purrty good though. Did you still want to help out with the subSilver templates?
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »

Can I have this beta version when it's released...?
Ale Lovecraft
Brandons
I am too lazy to register

Post by Brandons »

sure napolean. I can still help you with the subSilver templates. Let me know when thats ready to be done.

Thanks for your work on this mod.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

lovecraft wrote: Can I have this beta version when it's released...?

When its stable enough I'll release it. Almost there, just had to take care of a few more probs which will be listed in the next few posts.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Brandons wrote: sure napolean. I can still help you with the subSilver templates. Let me know when thats ready to be done.

Thanks for your work on this mod.

KooL! Heres some screen shots plus some info on my progress so far.

Main menu
Admin Menu
Editing a Quiz
Editing a Question
Editing an Answer

I almost had it done until I found a nasty bug. Once you deleted a question it would delete all the questions for all the quizs, so now I'm trying to get all that worked out so admins can add/delete stuff without it effecting other quiz's. Once this is done it won't be long, just have to plug in the small detail things like charge/reward amounts then also check those when a user goes to use a quiz. But so far its lookin good. :D
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Oh yea! Looking great 8)

BTW, that tetris Highscore of yours is insane! 8O

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”